ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Teal - Thanks, I just have everything crossed it does the trick! The mothers day cards have been a great success and I have one more market next week before MOthers Day so hoping to take advantage of that I am in the middle of doing some little spiral notebooks and post it notes packs as mothers day gifts too. If you like, pm me your addy and I'll pop you on the email alerts I send around with any new stuff - and dont worry, I dont send them very often Enjoy your arvo playing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi girls

Lisa- I'm with Teal- while one part of me is sad that it has come to IVF, another part of me is just so happy and excited that you are proceeding with it and that your BFP could be just around the corner. Its great that you get to start this next cycle and don't have to wait. What are the tablets that you have to take? I find the whole process kinda fascinating, although I of course wish it wasn't ever necessary. Keep us updated I hope you get your SLR for your birthday! It kinda goes hand in hand with your scrapbooking IMO I would dearly love an SLR, have been hinting for ages but I don't think I'll get one anytime soon.

Teal- great birth story! I did reply to your email the other night so hopefully you got it. Have had some trouble with emails not making it to the other end How are the pups doing? Grr about the car. We had ours in getting fixed yesterday, it was overheating. They replaced some thingo on it- it cost $130 so luckily nothing too major.

Hels- I've been following your photos on facebook of your house and its looking great! We now have a front door so lockup stage is completed now. The internal walls are all up, the top architrave/cornice/whatever you call it is done and they are in the process of doing the door frames and hanging the doors. Still need to do the skirting boards too. Very exciting! I can't believe Alex is 4 months already! I booked Layla's 4 month needles today for May- time is going too fast!

Any news on Crystal?? One sleep AT MOST to go!

Tina- did you get a better nights sleep last night? I hope it gets sorted asap

Sarah- Yay for Evie's hips! Yes that does sound impressive even if we don't know what it means LOL. How cute will Mia be in a little dance costume awwww! I cannot wait for that sort of stuff with Layla. I hope she wants to do ballet when she gets bigger

How is everyone else going?

Us- well Layla lasted 1 and a half nights in her own room and I hated it so she is back in with us again. There is going to come a day when she is too big for the bassinet and that day is not too far off but I will deal with it then.

The house we are renting is going up for sale.... so I have to get the house looking nice and tidy by tomorrow morning so the agent can come and take photos. GRRR the last thing I want to deal with right now is having people looking through the house and having to keep it tidy and ready for inspections etc. Hopefully its not much longer till we move..... DHs thinks next month but I'm not sure as the builders dont appear to be in any rush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haylie - Everytime I see your AV i just wanna squish Layla's cheeks! She is such a little cherub. Fingers crossed it times ok for your move and you dont have to move out before your house is ready, but how annoying to be starting to pack up but still have to keep the place looking good for sale! AFM, I wish it too didnt need to come to this but I'm at the point where have had enough and want someone to 'control' it if you know what I mean. I have to take a monophasic contraceptive pill for a couple of weeks to flatline all the hormones, and at some point will start the Syranel spray, then some pregnyl injections until the follies are nice and ripe and then I get a one hit injection - not sure what it is to spark ovulation. Have a scan and they schedule the egg pick up for when they think the follies are at their best. Then they watch the fertilised embryos for a bit and somewhere between 2 and 5 days I'll have the egg transfer. 9 days later a BT. Very structured. I get all my dates on Friday hopefully by then AF has arrived and we can get more accurate dates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope no news here, but yes it is only 1 sleep! I am SOOOO excited! Britt will update you all with name and all the other info! Can't wait to have him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymum View Post
    Hels - So looking forward to catching up with you in a couple of weeks! Your house sounds like its coming along really quickly. When is your estimated date to move in?

AFM - It looks like AF will be here later today or tomorrow. More spotting and temp drop so I'd say any moment now. DH and I have decided to proceed with IVF this cycle and I am all booked in and will start the tablets as soon as AF arrives. Friday I have my appt with the nurse to get exact timeline for the egg retrieval and transfer etc and will pick up all the relevant injections etc. But they are talking a 4-5 week cycle as my hormone levels and ovulation is all fairly good so I wont need much time on the down regulating of the hormones.
    Lisa - I have no idea what date the house is supposed to be finished by lol. I suppose I can work it out fron the contract but they gave us something like 30 weeks which I think is very excessive. It's usually 6 weeks after painting so we will work on that I think. If they keep going at the current pace then it will be finished in approx 20 weeks!

So happy and excited for you about your first IVF cycle. It's a shame that it has come to this but I have very high expectations for you. Will you go for a 1 or 2 egg transfer or haven't you thought that far ahead yet?
    You know that all of us girls are behind you 100% so feel free to chat about it in here if you want to

Haylie - Have you got a house progress album on FB too? I'd love to see how it's progressing. That's great you are at lock-up already but a PITA about the rental being up for sale. We have to put our house on the market soon, I am not looking forward to it either.

I'll catch up with everyone else later as my boys just woke up, well actually Alex is crying and just woke Reece up grrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerkitty View Post
    Nope no news here, but yes it is only 1 sleep! I am SOOOO excited! Britt will update you all with name and all the other info! Can't wait to have him!
    We posted together Crystal, but I just wanted to say good luck hunny and how exciting! I'll definitely check in tomorrow for an update from Britt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels - I have friends at pretty much the same stage as you with the building, how exciting. We will only transfer 1 embryo, as I just dont think Tony would cope well with 3 children in total . I'd like to implant two though . THanks for your support, I am sure you girls will bear the brunt of a lot of hormotional stuff over the next 6 weeks!

Crystal - How exciting, goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening girls,

Am entering the hyper time in my house, so we'll see how far I get..Before I forget HERE is Cades new nappy from MiniLaLa ..I really hope I get the chance to get more, theyre so lush! He had a huge vomit this morning...far bigger than previous ones...it was so projectile, it hit the wall! Im fairly certain its chocolate that upsets him, and I had a fair amount last night, so it makes sense. No more for me...Hes been sleeping all day, so we'll see if he sleeps tonight...hes done 6 hours the last couple of nights, so hoping that block of time will grow to about 8 hours haha.

Sarah sends her love, she has a really bad cold right now, poor thing.

Haylie, you cant beat yourself up about Masons talking...we make the best decisions we can with their best interest at heart, and Im sure all will be fine in the long run! Keep me posted on it...and know Im here if you have any questions, etc. I agree that I wouldnt be able to shift Cade to his room yet...we wont even be putting up the cot until July (both my mum and MIL are coming in June/July), so at least it isnt an option yet, hah. How exciting about the house...not long to go now!

Crystal, we'll be in touch! Try and get some good sleep tonight...it all changes tomorrow haha...

Lisa, oh bugger af, I hate her!!! Echoing everyone else, I agree that it sucks it has come to ivf, but so very exciting that you have finally been able to cross that threshold and dh has come around! It will be so quick now I reckon (course Ive been saying that all along haha). The canvas looks fab too!

Tina, that bloody tooth! How is it today??

Teal, oh, love the birth story! You are so very lucky! How did your "play date" go?

Hels, as with Haylie, Im so excited for your house! Its so very massive, and I can imagine how nice it will be to have everything new and perfect...aahh... Time flies, I cant believe Alex is 4 months already!

Ok, I have Carter whining for me to go upstairs with him (hes still afraid of trees and now monkeys up there, sigh) to go to the loo (hes pooped three times today in the toilet, ya!), and Cade fussing for my attention, the dog getting into mischief and a feral house that needs tidying before dinner....it never ends.

Be back tomorrow with Crystals news!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal's having a baby tomorrow, Crystal's having a baby tomorrow. Sending many blessings your way, lovely lady. Can't wait to hear the awesome news!!!

Britt - oh I long for the day I'm not cleaning poo out of undies lol. Go Carter! 6 hours at night is great for Cade - I know 8 is preferable but I had a hungry little monkey first time around so I can well sympathise.

Lisa - everyone else has said it all - I'm really so thrilled that you're moving straight onto IVF. So for once, bring on AF good and proper ASAP and go for it! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you - hormonal action and all .

Hels - how exciting that your house it coming along. I hope the builders pick up the pace for you. It seems like yesterday that Alex was born. Where does the time go?

Haylie - lol about Layla being back in your room. We kept Jude in our room in the bassinet until he was nearly 5 months. We only moved him then because he started hitting the sides and waking himself up. It's so lovely having them so close - I say do it for as long as you can.

Teal - Hope your day got a little less crazy. Nothing like a broken down car to throw a spanner in the works. So frustrating.

AFM - well....the tooth...I'm too scared and scarred to be optimistic lol. But, the pain has improved a lot. I can actully bite down on that tooth now without wincing. There is still a lot of pain on that side of my face, but that is pretty standard after the needles/drilling and having my mouth open for 45 minutes. Sooo, I'm just hoping and praying it will continue to improve.

Our Kombi went to the mechanic today to get the baby point fitted and the brakes fixed (they were squeaking alot). Well, along with that, the drive shaft was apparently hanging by 2 boltsso had to be replaced - all up - over $600. I give up on trying to get ahead. Every single month something comes up for us. No exaggeration. I looked back over our budget - we haven't had a good month in 11 months. Only once was that for something planned (a holiday). What's with it? I'm the financier in this house, and I've resigned myself to the fact that until I can work more (like when our kids are at school) we will just fluff along like we do now. We might have a good month here and there but that's it I reckon. Sigh. Even Kevin Rudd's money will be swallowed up by my tooth.

Ok, the baby is going absolutely nuts right now. It won't let me sit down tonight - only stops going crazy when I stand. So I'm going! So uncomfortable.

Off to the salon in the morning. Woo hoo! So looking forward to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    GOOD LUCK CRYSTAL!!! This time tomorrow night you'll be snuggling with your new baby boy I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow. What time is your c/s scheduled for? Although I must say I am thinking that he will decide to get in at the last minute and arrive tonight!! Oooooh I am so excited just thinking about a new little baby boy and cannot wait to hear all the details. Take care xoxo

Britt- that nappy is gorgeous! I've been meaning to ask, did you end up sewing the quilt for Cade? I am going to be a slacko and just buy Mason a new quilt I've decided I did buy the material (spent over $100!) but I just don't have the time or patience to bother. Maybe one day down the track I will use the material to make him a smaller quilt for snuggling on the lounge or whatever, we'll see.

Lisa- aww thanks for your lovely comments on Layla Yes I totally get what you mean about having someone else take control, it definately takes the pressure off yourself. I felt like that when we started seeing our FS because I started proper monitoring (previous 5 cycles of clomid were unmonitored by our GP) and we were told what was happening rather than trying to figure it out ourselves. It sounds like your cycle will be pretty full on. Please don't hesitate to come in here and rant and rave and let off steam as much as you want ok

Hels- 6 weeks after painting? Don't tell me that! Ours hasn't even started to be painted! Why is that? I am fairly certain we were moved in within a couple of weeks of them painting our last house.... maybe this is a new thing? From memory, they painted and then laid the flooring last. Argh I wish our builder would give us some indication- every time I ask he is vague and says its too early to say. Yes I have an album on facebook- the link is HERE . I will add some more photos tonight with the garage door & front door.

Us- well the daycare director spoke with me again this afternoon about Mason's behaviour. He was hitting and pushing the other kids all day and was also grabbing their arms and the carers had to physically pry him off them. And the worst bit is HE HIT HIS DAYCARE TEACHER I am so embarrassed and ashamed by his behaviour, and then I feel cr ap for thinking that way about him. I just don't know what to do about it. The director says it is definately attention seeking, and once he has done it he realises he's done the wrong thing and takes himself off to sit alone on a chair somewhere and wont let anyone near him. I'm just so sad about it all. Then we get home so I bath both of them, Mason started screaming for no reason, Layla was screaming, Harry would not stop barking and I just wanted to walk out! Layla cried for 2 hours straight but thankfully is now sleeping peacefully. Not sure what was wrong but I am thinking she may be starting to teethe.

What a day !!