+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Teal - How frustrating, right when you wanted to get some things done. I hate that! Fingers crossed you get it done this week.

Haylie - GOtta love those 5pm meltdowns, sarah had them for a while! Hmm have you dont a HPT on the off chance you did O?

Well quiet day here, Sarah seems to have picked up a bit so back on the toilet training wagon so no doubt will be spills to clean up today! Its raining here so I think a day at home watching movies and knitting is in order!

Oh and it would seem I havent O'd yet, temp really low today so i think yesterdays high temp was attributed to Sarah sleeping with us as she is a little hot water bottle! so the bd'ing continues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all!

Cold day here today...21 degrees! And yet Carter is still running around in just his undies, and I am in a singlet ..I think it will take a bit of time to adjust to the house being cold rather than hot. Have sore throat (which Ive had on and off for weeks, grr), and Carters cough has turned "wet"...Cade is still congested, but still not getting worse yet. I think he had an upset tummy yesterday though as he had three HUGE vomits (the kind where he gagged beforehand, and it was projectile). He wasnt that interested in eating either (which is not great for my supply), so we stayed home from church last night (he spewed while getting into the car to go), and he decided he was starving and wanted to eat every 30 mins...so it must have been something I ate. Seems ok today so far. Have a couple more pics:

Foot cuddles (Carter does this to his hands and feet...rubs them on his eyes, so wierd haha)
    Playing with Gibby (she is also obsessed with hands and feet)
    Playing with mummy (ugh, Im way too fat for pics!)

Cade is looking more and more like Jonno everyday. I dont think he has ANY of my features. Carter is 100% me (except for his body, thank goodness), but Cade is 100% Jonno I think (altho he might have my hair). So, it will be interesting to see how he matures...

Ok, enough about me.

Tina, hope you are having fun on your holidays and are giving yourself a chance to rest and recuperate! Shame about your FIL...how is your dh taking it all?

Lisa, yeah was a little apprehensive about you having o'd already as you you didnt have your +opk until the day of the spike, where you would have normally gotten it before O, so I think you are o'ing today...ovulation days are commonly on the day of a big drop, so keep it up!

Teal, gosh I cant remember how old he was...I think we started properly when he was about 2 1/2? Now, he gets a timer, which we dont start until he is quiet (ie not screaming, crying, etc), and then he gets 3 minutes as long as he stays sitting and is quiet. Sometimes it turns out he is sitting on the chair for 10 mins while we wait for him to stop screaming. The dog gets timeout too haha...How annoying about your family popping in like that! I would be fuming as my house is never clean, so surprise visits dont go down well with me...I need my house clean for visitors! Enjoy having your sis there this week!

Haylie, hormones can be out of whack for a while post-partum even for normal women, who dont have issues, so dont stress out just yet! Its still early. I keep getting cramps and thinking af is around the corner, but nothing as yet. Ive had some ewcm as well, so who the heck knows. Luckily we have the condoms...there is NO WAY I want to be pg yet! Cade doesnt sleep in the evening, so I am jealous you get them both into bed so early...Ive thought about trying to get him into a better nighttime routine, but I think I would rather him sleep his 5 hour block when Im sleeping, so I dont have to wake up at 1am to feed him, and then again at 4am, etc. So, I will continue giving him his last feed at midnight until he is sleeping longer periods.

Hi to everyone else!!

Plan for today is to get the house tidied and cleaned (again), and work on my knitting. Im still working on the soaker for Cade, but also making a square to contribute to a blanket my friend is putting together to send to Watoto in Uganda (watoto.com). She sponsors a woman with AIDS (I support one as well)...we basically send money a month to pay for treatments so that these mothers stay alive for their children, thus reducing the number of orphans etc. Its a brilliant initiative.

Have a great one ladies!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Britt - Sorry to hear you are all not feeling well. Gosh I cannot believe how much hair little Cade has in that last photo with you! and it looks slightly wavey? Yeah I think I am o'ing today as yesterday today a lot of ewcm and a really dark opk this morning.... so fingers crossed we have enough stamina in us for tonight and tomorrow night and then i couldnt of tried any harder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning (nearly afternoon!)...

I got about 3 hours sleep last night, couldn't sleep until midnight and then Layla was awake on and off from 3am until 6:30am. She wasn't crying for a feed but she was wriggling out of her wrap and making weird noises so I kept rewrapping her.... I finally figured out at 6am that she was actually WANTING to be unwrapped and that's why she kept whinging every time I wrapped her again Oops. I think I will start wrapping her a bit looser of a night so she can easily get out of it without fully waking up.

Getting excited about our trip to Darwin (3 more sleeps!) but a little nervous about travelling with Layla. I think the flight is about 4.5-5 hours (confusing with the time difference but I think it works out to be about that) which means I will need to feed her on the plane. Not exactly sure how to mix a bottle while being squished in a tiny seat while trying to hold a baby! I'm sure I'll figure it out though. Do you think I would be allowed to have her in the ergo on the plane so I dont have to be actually holding her the whole time? It would be a lot more comfortable for both of us and she sleeps like a dream in the ergo...

Lisa- have fun with the TTing today! And good luck with your BDing Nah I havent bothered with a HPT because the chances are slim to none- even if I DID O when I thought I may have, there is no possible way I would be pregnant as we didn't BD for about a week and a half before then. I'd say I just didn't ovulate, which is fine as I'm not ttc at the moment. I was only dissapointed because I thought my LP was normal again but now I will have to wait to see if it is.

Britt- I hope you and the boys get better asap! I love the photos- Mason does the exact same thing with Layla's feet. He always cuddles them in between his neck and shoulder or rubs his eyes with them. Strange boys we have! Mason has started clapping Layla's hands for her, but he gets a bit too excited sometimes haha. That's wonderful what you and your friend are doing for those women

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haylie - How exciting, not long to go now! maybe lala is getting to the stage where you can start to loosely wrap or leave one arm out? or even a sleeping bag? Sarah managed to finally do a wee in the toilet today , she held off all morning and was just in tears. I knew she wanted to go but she just wouldnt and she finally gave in! yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY Sarah!!!

I was thinking about getting a grobag or sleeping bag of some kind so I might look on ebay later on. I guess if she starts rolling soon I'll have to stop wrapping her anyway, so its probably a good thing that she is not wanting to be wrapped the whole night now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I'm not feeling the best right now, it's AF time for me and I feel quite depressed and a bit sad this time around. It's all hormones so I hope it passes soon. Cold wet weather doesn't help my mood either and I am fighting headaches everyday. Anyway, enough about that...

My little man is 15 weeks old today he is starting to wear some size 00 clothes. This morning I got the next lot of clothes down from the top of the wardrobe and sorted through them. I also have 2 bulk lots of smaller clothes to sell on ebay soon. I find it quite sad parting with the clothes, anyone else feel like that?

HERE is Alex's 15 weeks photo.

Reece is doing well although he was very sooky yesterday but I think he was tired as he slept in until 10.30am this morning!! He is eating better now and has gained some weight. I think he is a little bit underweight and when he gets sick his weight really suffers.

I'm really excited as I bid and won some secondhand furniture on ebay at the weekend (for the new house). It's 5 pieces and we have hired a moving van for saturday so DH can pick it up and our nephew will help. Click HERE to view some pics, it's also my house blog so you can see how well that is progressing aswell. All our current furniture is a bit mixed so I will sell it on ebay and the new stuff will look great when we are selling and of course at the new house. We plan to put our existing house up for sale at the beginning of May.

Britt - When are you coming to Melb? I must have missed the dates. What is happening re buying a house?

Lisa - Good to hear the market was a success, when is the next one? Is this your last month on clomid and what is the plan of action from now on?

Haylie - I have been following your photos of Layla on FB and she is precious. Has everything settled down with the BF'ing now?

Teal - I LOVE those photos of your DS's room, the bright colours look fantastic.

Tina - I hope you are having a nice break and is your ear better now?

Crystal - So the countdown is now on hey? I really, really hope you get your VB but just go with the flow hun and try not to be disappointed if things don't go to plan

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

I am stuffed! I am now leaving tomorrow instead of Thursday- Layla and I are going to stay at my best friends house in Brisbane tomorrow night and she is taking us to the airport Thursday morning. (Carrie- a couple of you know her ). So tonight I have been madly packing and washing clothes. Babies need so much gear! It is times like these that I really hate bottle feeding, that adds so much extra stuff. I am on my last load which I am waiting on finishing so I can dry it as my clothes rack is now full.

Hels- the furniture you got is beautiful! I really like the dark timber, it is very modern looking. Your house is coming along nicely. Nothing has been done to ours in over a week grrr. Very frustrating. Alex is so gorgeous, he makes me very clucky for another little blue bundle The BFing is going well, I am still giving her a BF from both sides before each bottle and I plan to continue doing that as long as possible, hopefully beyond 12 months. I am no longer using the shield (except on the rare occasion). My supply seems to be dropping more so I am going to start back on the fenugreek and blessed thistle when I get back from Darwin.

How is everyone else going?

I bought the easter eggs today- I had them sitting on the table in the shopping bag and went to do something in the bedroom. I could hear Mason saying 'oi oi, oi oi' (his word for lolly) and came out to find he had unwrapped a big bunny chocolate and was about to start eating it I was not very impressed but it will teach me in future to hide the kids presents from them and not leave them sitting out on the table

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels - That furniture look familiar lol... we have exactly the same except the doors on mine are wood and frosted glass not metal surroundings, but exactly the same. It's been great! Aww Alex looks so cute. He is growing up so fast. Sorry to hear you have the blues, this Melbourne weather is just not helping at all. This is my last cycle of clomid yes, and I have just ovulated so its up to the gods now! As to what we will do after this... serious thought is going into IVF at the moment... but no commitment yet as to if and when....

Haylie - Yay for going away a day earlier! Hope you enjoy spending the day with your friend. Have fun!

AFM - Pretty sure my temps reflect ovulation... Britt - take a peek and let me know so thankfully the BD fest has come to an end and now its up to fate! Sarah has come down again with a cold, not sure whether to keep her home from swimming today or not - long story, but its a make up session with possibly her new teacher for next term so bad timing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning lovelies,

This might be a quick one as Cade is starting to stir in the swing (he loves it thank goodness), the dog is in timeout in her crate (a new obedience tactic we are trying), and Carter is watching ABC Kids. Carters cough is getting better, but Cades congestion is getting worse...its like the cold that never ends, grr. I have concluded that my sore throat is due to my constant yelling all day (mostly at the dog), which is so bad for a singer...I fear I have some serious issues in there that will need to be addressed in the near future. Took a bunch of pics yesterday of the boys, and a few of them came out really well...HERE is the album I created if you want to see them. Nothing really new to report here...supposed to be sunny all day today, so its nappy washing day...I have used the dryer so much the last few days, so its nice to get some sun to hang the washing and hopefully dry out the backyard. Planning to take a long walk with the boys up to our local Salvos to try and find another blanket for the dog as she has chewed hers to threads and its getting harder to wash the dog smell out of it. She needs to be walked as well, so might take another shorter one later in the afternoon. I really dont like these shorter days...

Lisa, yep, I would agree it looks like you may have o'd..I would bd tonight just in case though if you can. Looks like you have covered your bases well though, so fingers crossed!

Haylie, have the BEST time on your little holiday!! Layla will be fine on the plane Im sure...not sure they will let you put her in the ergo, as they like them to be buckled to you at all times (they will give you a little attachment to put around her), but you never know. Do you have one of those little formula dispensers that measures out the exact amount? I used to use little mini plastic baggies, so it reduced the bulk in my bag. Not sure if that helps you at all? Just remember to put her on the boob during takeoff and landing...enjoy!!!

Hels, Ill be down there from 15-16 May. I think we are all planning to get together for dinner on that Fri night...SO would love you to come! The house is looking absolutely fab! Its so huge...dream house! Cant wait to see the finished product. And little Alex is turning into such a gorgeous little boy...hes growing up so much. Arent boys the best?!? The furniture is great...it will look absolutely great in the new house!

Well, I should put the nappies out on the line to take advantage of the little sun we have...have a wonderful day girls! Tomorrow is kindy day, yay! I need to take Cade in for his vax this weekend sadly...

xx