+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haylie - Thanks, fingers crossed the relaxation helps, you never know! I understand the predicament you are in.... I think my obs told me to wait until Sarah was 9 months old because by the time I fell pg all the incisions would of healed enough for the uterus to start expanding again without it splitting through pregnancy... goodluck at the decision!

Tina - You poor love, your ear is still off - nothing worse. I'm going to give that ear candling a go I think next time I am somewhere that sells them!

Teal - Thanks, Sarah is getting better thankfully.

AFM - 9dpo today, same ol', no signs or anything. Had a full nights sleep last night for the first time in months which was lovely. Had a great day yesterday with Sarah so hoping today is equally as good. I'm making these cute little gift tags at the moment with flowers on them. I'll post a pic of them later today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning lovelies,

Just dropped off Carter, he looked right at home. He was the first one there, but had no dramas being left there, as I knew he wouldnt. He was so cute with his little Thomas backpack and lunch bag hah. Im not feeling too hot, so have rescheduled my OB appt for next week...Im just a bit nauseated and headachey, and the last thing I want to face is a pap smear and chat about my birth, ugh. Got an email from FIL, they offered to give us $20k (NZ) to help with a house and have told us we can wait to pay them back the $15k for the car until they retire, so that will help quite a bit, but we definitely dont want to rush into things. I still have a feeling that with the economy going down the toilet and more and more people losing jobs, house prices will continue to come down, so I would rather wait a bit longer to get a house we love with the space we need. We'll know when the right one comes....and I dont think in my gut this house we put an offer in for is the right one. There are great aspects of it, the yard is huge, but we could use more space in the house....so we wait longer still.

Teal, good to hear you are doing well. Good luck with the nappy hunt...I have 4 extremes left and 2 normal ones...I think Ive done pretty well, hah. Made some more cookies yesterday and my milk was more plentiful last night...Cade did 5 hours last night, whohoo!

Lisa, sounds like Sarah gave you a good nights sleep last night, yay! I dont know how you deal with the threat of dh losing his job regularly...its no fun at all!

Tina, thanks for the info on the ear candle..I told dh about it and he thinks we should get some hah. I hope things are improving for you and your ear. Im sorry to hear about your in-laws, thats so tough...esp since your FIL has enough to go through without having to "baby" his wife, so sad...

Haylie, if I were you, I would wait. I know theres the possibility you will run into fertility issues down the road, but there is every possibility you wont. I know your dr said it was ok, but everything Ive read in my extensive research says waiting 9-12 months before ttc is the wisest thing as far as uterine health goes, esp if you decide to go the vbac route with #3. But thats me. We have thought about buying land, but we wouldnt be able to afford the land mortgage and paying rent at the same time unfortunately, esp land in a desirable location (only 400sqm for $200k ). Would love to build, but just dont think it will happen for our first home...ah well.

Hi everyone else!!

Well, according to the meeting yesterday, the 400 job losses in Jonnos department worldwide wont affect him, but as he is an external employee on contract that runs out next month, his boss decided to just let the contract run out and not renew it, but let Jonno continue working as usual. He said if it went to a formal Nokia request, it would probably wouldnt be renewed and he would lose his job...so its better than nothing. We found out our good friends are moving back to the states as he lost his job last week and has a good opportunity in Seattle. Im jealous. We could def afford a house there, hah...

Well, off to lay down for a bit while Cade is still sleeping. He had a MASSIVE spew this morning while eating, it came flying out of his mouth and all over the place poor guy. He seems contended though...

Have a great day girls!

B
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good morning!

Britt- did you take any pics of Carter on his first day? I bet he looked adorable That's very generous of your IL's and I'm sure it will help heaps when the perfect house comes along. I understand about not being able to afford the land repayments as well as rent, its a tough one isn't it.

Lisa- can't wait to see your gift tags! I would love to get back into my scrapbooking but I just dont have the time or the money atm. Maybe once we settle in the new house and get a good routine going I can put some time aside for it.

Thanks girls for the advice about waiting.... I thought it strange that my ob said there is no reason to wait when everyone else says they were told they shouldn't fall preg straight away. TBH I'm really not ready for another pregnancy yet and the only thing making me want to ttc is the fear of fertility issues again down the track but I think you are both right in that I should give it more time. And I'd ideally like to birth naturally again next time so need to give it the best chance possible. Even though I don't regret having my c/s and I do still think I made the right decision at the time, I feel a bit removed from the whole experience if that makes sense? I'm not sad about it, but I don't think I want to do that again. If I end up with an emergency c/s then fair enough, at least I have given it a good shot, but I just don't think I want another elective Anyway I'm just babbling. I haven't really spoken about how I feel about Layla's birth because I haven't really felt anything up till now, I've been a bit numb to the whole thing.

Took Mason to daycare today and just going to have a quiet day at home. DH is home from work because he's sick. I'm actually a bit worried about him because he never takes time off work unless he is REALLY bad. Last time he took the day off work was when he had gastro so bad that he passed out on the toilet floor. He said this morning he got to work and as soon as he stood up he nearly passed out from the pain of stomach cramps and had to lay down in the lunch room. He told them he had to go home and was home within half an hour. He also has a cold so that can't be helping him either, poor thing. He rekons the stomach pains are better but he's getting cramps come and go.

I went past the house today on the way home from dropping Mason off and our bricks are nearly all up It looks great and I'm really happy with the overall look of the outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening girls,

Haylie - I hope your DH is feeling better. Same goes with my DH - he only stays home if he's really dying! I'm sure you'll know when the time is right to TTC again. Giving your body a chance to recover is probably a good plan.

Britt - I hope Carter had a great day! Sounds like it started out well. Hope you're not coming down with something. Rest up!

Lisa - Yay for a full nights sleep. Looking forward to seeing the gift tags.

everyone else.

Things are slowly on the up here. I've definitely had my best day health-wise so far this week. Still a bit dizzy and weak. As for the ear, it is a tiny bit achy and still popping, but the pain has eased a lot. Ugh, what a haul. Went to morning tea with the antenatal girls this morning. It was great to catch up with them. But by the time I got home i was knackered, as was Jude - he chucked a huge hissy fit and ended up in bed at 12:30pm without eating lunch (very early for his day sleep). At least I was able to rest before work.

Still feeling really flat emotionally. Had a big meltdown to DH in bed last night, poor guy. I just feel like I have all these hurdles to jump before this baby is due, so I can't even get my head around the fact that the baby will be BORN in 9 weeks. It's mental. The girls were asking me today about what I've got ready etc and I had to admit I haven't even thought about it. All I can think about is getting my business into some kind of order and having people on deck to take charge and getting through these last weeks of teaching. Then of course I think about term 3 when I'll have to start playing an active role again...crazy!!! The bubs birth needs to be factored in there somewhere - maybe I'm in denial?????

Enough moaning. Hopefully when I'm fully recovered from this blasted ear fiasco I can get a bit of a better perspective on things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I'll come back later for personals, sorry - have to dash to my mums. I have spent too long this morning updating my website lol....

Have a good Friday
    Last edited by sam's mum; 20-03-2009 at 21:17. Reason: advertising

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you believe it is Friday again already? This year is going to fly by and our bubbas are going to grow way too fast.

Things have been going pretty well here. I managed to get to playgroup for a couple of hours yesterday morning which was great. Cooper just slept in the pouch while I played with Lachlan so that was great. Although both boys were tired and cranky all afternoon so maybe we over did it a little.

We are off to the sunshine coast later today for a wedding tomorrow. Will also get to introduce Cooper to Adam's Dad & family as we are staying with them. I just need to find something to wear am going to brave the shops this morning and see if I can find a nice shirt that I'll still be able to bf in.

Lisa - had a peak at your website love your work. Yesterday I realised I hadn't bought a wedding card yet and wished I had of remembered earlier as you could have hooked me up .

Tina - You are an amazing person working so hard and looking after Jude and being 31wks pg, i hope things get a bit easier for you.

Haylie - Whilst O maybe very tempting could you imagine being pg with layla so young I don't think I did get through the ms or the tiredness.

Britt - How was Carter's day yesterday?

Gotta go Cooper's ready for milk then we might try to get to the shops .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teal - Would of loved to have made a card for you! oh well, not much we can do when its tomorrow lol. Enjoy the wedding tomorrow, will be nice to dress up .

Tina - Sounds like your hormones might be playing a bit of a rollercoaster for you. Sounds like your DH is a gem and being very understanding and supportive. Hope your ear clears up soon.

Britt - Any news on the house yet?? Reading your other post it sounded like you might give it a miss anyway? Aww how cute about Carter and his Thomas backpack - share some pics when you can.

Haylie - I hope your DH feels better soon. My Obs was funny re the waiting to fall pg again. He initially said 12 months, but then I bartered him down to 9 months, whats funnier is its now been 20 months and nothing .

Mel, Hels & Sarah & anyone else I've missed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I've skimmed through the posts and I hope everyone is doing well.
    I always seem to be so busy lately and today is no different

Reece wasn't too good yesterday and he woke up really late and covered in sweat. I stripped him down to his nappy and gave him an icy pole. He wouldn't eat any breakfast so I gave him some panadol and put him back in his cot. He finally got up at 3pm and then ate something, after that he was fine but seemed very tired. Today he is a lot better so he has gone to daycare and seemed quite happy when I dropped him off.

Alex is doing really well and is just a few days off being 3 months old. He is growing so fast, we are going through all the clothes so quickly and some things he only wears once or twice due to the weather, it's such a shame.
    HERE is Alex's photo album on FB, the newest pics are at the end.

The house is coming along now and the slab went down this week. Click HERE to view the photos on FB.

AFM - I am concerned about my caesar scar as it has some lumps under it that are like small marbles and painful when pressed. Anyone know why/what that is?
    I have stopped doing Lite n Easy as it was getting too expensive and I was getting bored with the same foods all the time. So this week I signed up on Weight Watchers online. I have only been doing it for 2 days but I'm enjoy the flexibilty of it and I'm getting the hang of how to do the points etc. Hopefully I will loose something this week.

I'll attempt a few personals from memory...

Haylie - Shame about the extra costs for the house, I hope you manage to work it out somehow. I hope Layla is over the cold soon, it's awful to see the bubs suffer like that.

Britt - Is Carter at proper kindy or childcare? Have you heard back about your offer for the house? It's a good time to build as they reckon the FHOG will expire at the end of June and many builders are about to increase prces. Personally, I think the market is as low as it's going to get in this country. But then again Melb is different to Sydney.

Teenie - I hope you feel better soon

Crystal - Good to hear that the scan went well and hopefully the lump is nothing to worry about

Lisa - I hope Sarah is feeling better soon and good luck for this month, you must be getting close to AF time?

Mel - Sounds like Jasper is powering along, hope you are doing well too.

Jessie - How is little Millie doing? have you settled into a nice routine now?

Hi to anyone I missed and have a great weekend everyone

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hey girls

hels great to hear from you! ive been looking at the ww online too, i was also gonna go on the biggest loser website, apparently they have good tips and advice for weightloss too.. I cant believe alex is 3 months already that time has flown! great pics too btw!

britt- hows the house hunting going? weve benn thinking about buying as well, the prices are just going down and down..and our rent keeps going up and up! grr

teal- glad things are going well for you guys there, we have to go to a wedding tomorrow night too! lol must be the time of year for it!

lisa- hope sarah is getting better!

hi to everyone else! hope your all well!

afm, my two boys are sick with colds/flu have got bayli on some demazin that was prescribed to him, and jasper is on panadol,little fess, and eukybear rub (haylie-eukybear rub is like vicks but much better for little ones skin)
    poor little bugger is so stuffy! and keeps sneezing.
    as i mentioned before, got a wedding to go to tomorrow night, went and got some new clothes today, as nothing fits me of my own stuff. got a nice top and skirt, to wear with heels, and some new makeup (which i will call warpaint ) i very rarely wear it. need to figure out what to do with my hair though lol.

anyways, must be off..will be back later to dribble more! Have a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Sorry no personals tonight as just so . Man, what a long week. My ear is still bugging me (it's not really bad but enough to bother me and is still making me feel off) so I just did another ear candle - more muck!!! Ugh. It's one of those situations where I wonder how long it will take to kick it seeing I'm so tired, on the edge, pg etc etc. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

On the work front I had some good news today that all of my classes are definitely going to be covered next term (there was a bit of concern about one class) so I am very, very relieved. All going well I will go in to work for week one of next term to swap my classes over and then I can put my feet up (bar the admin side of the business) for 3 or 4 weeks before bubs makes an entrance. Phew. Hopefully I can stop stressing a bit now.

Not much planned for the weekend - Jude has swimming in the morning but I may stay home in bed. All I really want to do this weekend is go for coffee with one of my best mates - we usually go about once a fortnight (kid-free) but she has had her Mum up from interstate and before that we had BIL here so we have missed out! I'm just going to text her now to make sure it happens. Sometimes you just need quality time with a great friend.

Hope you are all well XXXXXXX