+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question How long are TEE/TER/Enter scores valid for to get into uni?

Hi,

I did my mature age TEE back in 1998. And then did a couple of semesters at Curtin uni before I had my daughter.

Does anyone know if my TER score would still be valid now to use to get into uni? I really don't want to have to sit the stat test. And I'm not totally convinced that doing a Tafe diploma would be worth it, financially or time wise, as another entry into uni.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Because you have studied at uni, your acceptance into a course will be based on your Academic Record, and weighted average, rather than your TEE score.

I think you just apply through TISC though, and supply them with certified copies of your academic record.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, I just went back to uni this year so I can tell you what happened from my experience if that's of any help.

I did my TEE back in *cough* 1990 (how freakin' old does that sound?! ). I initially did a year of study at Murdoch uni when I first left school and then my 2nd year at Curtin way back in the early 90's but withdrew from my course (and that's another story ). Anyway, now years later I decided to go back to Curtin, and on my application they wanted copies of my past academic records (well, those from Murdoch 'coz obviously they already had the records of my year at Curtin), as well as a copy of my TEE score in which they converted into the applicable TER score. I also know if I had applied for another course at a different uni then I would have needed to apply thru TISC, and again they also wanted copies of past academic records as well as info about when I completed my TEE (tho' theyy didn't need a copy of it 'coz apparently they have access to it).

HTH...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just enrolled with Open University and didn't need any of those details, the course I'm doin is run through Monash. It is distance Ed but if you can work without bein on campus maybe check out OPen UNi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anka2722 View Post
    I just enrolled with Open University and didn't need any of those details, the course I'm doin is run through Monash. It is distance Ed but if you can work without bein on campus maybe check out OPen UNi.
    Yeah, OUA is great. You don't need to stress about any of the entrance requirements or applications. It's also good if you need to do a couple of subjects just to get a good result and use in your application for a different course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, but as I am living in Melbourne at the moment does that mean that I have to apply through VTAC instead?? Which I think is the same as TISC? Can they access your info as well??

I have been looking at OUA as well, and a heap of other distance education uni providers. I was hoping to do nursing but still undecided. Been reading heaps and quite a few comments made on other sites that have suggested that nursing through OUA's Uni of SA is not a good one to do. Stuff like the course being disorganised and practical placements being hard to get etc.

Whatever I end up doing will have to be part time, (juggling work, study, kids, finances etc) and so far only one of the uni's here in Melbourne offers nursing part time and that is miles away.

There's just doesn't seem to be a simple solution to anything at the moment!! But I am feeling a bit better to know that I shouldn't have to do all the STAT and TEE stuff all over again. thanks everyone!