+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mum bathes baby in breast milk

Mum bathes baby in breast milk

A Chinese new mother is producing so much breast milk that she baths her baby in the excess each day.
    Mrs Luo, of Chongqing, says she is producing two litres of milk more than she needs to feed her six-week-old daughter Shan Shan.
    Mother, husband and her mother-in-law had all been drinking the extra milk but she says they still have plenty left over.
    Luo's mother-in-law said they were all beginning to feel like they were drinking too much milk: "Then I suggested why not give the baby a breast milk bath, and they took my advice," she said.
    Luo said the milk bath makes her Shan Shan's skin really smooth and white, reports the Chingqing Times.
    But she is looking for someone to donate her extra breast milk to as she feels that bathing her baby in breast milk is too much of an indulgence.
    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3236313.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just when you think you've seen it all...... Wow! Go boobies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a fortunate baby, having such a luxury.

But mum is right that donating the excess to someone who needs it would be better.
    As for MIL drinking it too, well um.......I don't know what to think here.......
    But I understand that they are very appreciative of the extra milk and so rather than waste it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sure its good for the bubs skin..but wouldn't it make the bub really sticky?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    aww
    that's an awesome story!!!
    i'm glad she'll be donating though. seems a bit wasteful to use it for a bath

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    now to someone who has trouble expressiing 20mls...im SO jealous!...lol

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nic236 View Post
    I'm sure its good for the bubs skin..but wouldn't it make the bub really sticky?
    I was just thinking the same thing - plus the fact that that mum is making the problem ever worse! The fact that she expresses the excess just means she's maintaining her breastmilk supply at that level. She will always produce that much excess milk if she keeps expressing it off - not that she could stop cold turkey....but she could progressively express less and less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS bathes in BM every time we feed. Super fast let down!

But yeah I agree with you Tam.. But I guess if she is donating then that's fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    But mum is right that donating the excess to someone who needs it would be better . . .
    But I understand that they are very appreciative of the extra milk and so rather than waste it.
    I agree - I hope there is a donation bank somewhere near her - how fortunate that she produces such an abundance!

Quote Originally Posted by nic236 View Post
    Maybe she gets rinsed off in some water first?
    Mmmmm how soft would her baby's skin be though! Ahhhh . . .

Thanks
    Reviews
    breast milk tastes pretty good.. its better for you then cows milk.. no i still drink cows milk though

i use my milk on ds if he has a cut, a graze.. he also used to get very dry above his ears that they would crack, but a bit of breast milk on them and they were healed the next day.. if i have a sore..usually an over scratched mozzie bite, i put my milk on it, to heal it better..

wow, she could open he own breast milk bank