ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guest Guest
    I called my ob and she ended up calling me in to check my bp and sent me for an asap leg scan. Scared the **** out of me!! She wanted to make sure it wasn't a blood clot (thrombosis something) as apparently it's common when you don't move around enough.
    Then I had to get a lecture about sitting for long periods while pregnant and how I have to make sure I get up and walk around during the day when I'm working etc.. eek.

But all was good in the end, bp is normal, no clots so phew!! She is an overly cautious ob but it suits me cause I need someone that doesn't blow me off as I'm an anxious patient

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Deep vaine thrombosis, can get it if you stuck on a plane for too long & dont get up and move.

Glad you OB gave you the once over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got terrible cramps when i was pregnant i would get on average two a night, either in my calves or my thighs(which kills). I was told that a higher intake of salt helps for cramps but you cant have too much salt during pregnancy cause it causes fluid retention/swollen hands and feet. Catch 22 situation good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm glad you got it checked out cos I was going to recommend that you did. My OB said that pain in one leg with swelling can mean blood clot. Good luck with the swelling. It can be really annoying. I had it for months & although it went down overnight in the early days later on it was just always there & shoes became a huge problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Glad to hear all was fine. You're just another one of us that carrys heaps of fluid during the pregnancy. Don't worry, mine was gone within a few days of the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews

That sounds totally normal to me, yesterday when I cooked dinner my feet puffed right up, they do it any time I get too hot aswell. This has been happening to me since about 25 weeks.

I also get leg cramps during the night when I am rolling, its really painful and makes it hard to walk on that leg the next day. I have consulted my doctor and midwife, both said its normal.

Though its best to not let your feet get to that stage, they recommended resting with your legs above your hips a couple of times a day, and staying hydrated helps keep the puffiness down.

Not much you can do about the cramps though...