ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MMM - I have my your bub is ok and just behind in the dates you thought. It must be so hard for you being away from DH, I hope the hcg results are positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MMM - I'm so sorry that you're going through this worry, particularly being away from DH (I don't think I'd be coping at all). The girls are right - it's not unusual for there to be this kind of lag. I've followed the stories of a number of girls on here who have had healthy pregnancies after similar first scans. your BTs will be healthily rising.

LBP - good luck with your scan today!

AFM - it's my first morning without a pessarie... I'm a bit nervous but trying to have faith that the placenta will be nice and strong by now and pumping hormones. Off to Tas tonight for the weekend, so I really hope nothing goes wrong there!

Jess - 16 2 year olds! I'm not sure how you cope!

letsbepositive is offline Please please pretty please can we have another baby
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kitz View Post

AFM - it's my first morning without a pessarie... I'm a bit nervous but trying to have faith that the placenta will be nice and strong by now and pumping hormones. Off to Tas tonight for the weekend, so I really hope nothing goes wrong there!

Jess - 16 2 year olds! I'm not sure how you cope!
    Kitz I'm sure your body will do what its supposed to. Have a great weekend in Tas.

Jess - I misread your post and thought you said two 16 year olds, but OMG 16 two year olds I don't know how you do it!

My scan went good although I'm not sure exactly how I'm feeling. Kind of relieved but still very cautious. The good thing is that the pregnancy has progressed from the last scan (where there was just a yolk sac) and there is now a bub there with a HB of 140 bpm.

They didn't bother with the internal u/s as they could see a bub now with HB and that's all we wanted to know. The only concern for me is that bubs is still measuring about 6 days behind by my calcs - I guess it could have implanted late and that's why there was only a yolk sac at the first scan.

It's going to be a long wait until my NT scan in four weeks time.

MMM - thinking of you. Hope your situation is the same as mine and the next scan is all good.

LBP
    xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LBP - great news about 140bpm - that's a really positive sign and good that they don't want a follow up until 12 weeks.

Kitz - I won't miss the pessaries either.

Sorry - can't remember back to everyone else, but thanks for all your kind words.

Got my BT results today and they are too low - 28,000 from 9,000 a week ago and my progesterone has dropped from 96 to 73. However the US lady told me she couldn't get a HB and the report says 120bpm. The yolk sac is measuring larger than the crown rump measurement which is also an abnormality. I'm having another US next Thursday and will go from there. The chances of this being a healthy pregnancy are very slim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moo - I wish I could give you one in person and tell you everything was going to be ok. I can't remember my BT results but know mine didn't double every 48hrs - and your progesterone sounds great to me - my IVF clinic only worry when it drops below 25 and mine varied went from 50 to 35 to 60 to 50 - and they said it was very normal. Totally understand if you don't want the 'Stay positive' speel - so I will stay positive for you and send you lots of and good karma. Having babies was never meant to be this hard - thinking of you always...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitz and LBP - yeah the little tigers can be a handful! But I only have them for 8 hours a day - then I only have to cope with DH and our dog - and the dog is no problem Rest time at work is becoming an issue - just want to curl up in bed with them and I have to sit right up when I pat them or I will nod off!

Kitz - I'm sure your body will do its job - although I know the feeling! I'm only down to 2 a day and it is worrying me!

Can I ask - is it normal for me to be so so thirsty? Not weeing very much and drinking 2-3 litres of water a day - just feel so parched!

Hope you are all well

DH is still away and no reason for me to stay up - so I'm being a sad sack on a Friday night and will be in bed by 8.30!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JessLee - I like any positive words - they are the only thing that gives me any hope. I have resigned myself to a bad outcome though - all the signs are there. It just makes me so sad to think my little ones heart is likely stop beating this week .

I'm guessing that your increased thirst is due to your increasing blood volume.

Kitz - hope you had a lovely weekend in Tassie. Whereabouts did you go?

Nic - I read that birth story too. I so hope I am an exception too.

DH is coming down to be with me for the D&C, and we are going to hopefully start investigations with QFG. This will be my fifth miscarriage so we want to at least investigate IVF with genetic testing of any embies so that I can avoid embies with chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormally large yolk sac is generally an indicator of chromosomal abnormalities. It's a hard decision as we can fall pregnant naturally but I'm not sure how many more miscarriages I can take, but then the IVF rollercoaster isn't an easy one either. After my scan I was ready to totally give up, but I know that in years to come I'd probably think what if and wonder if I'd just kept trying I'd have had another baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoosmum View Post
    JessLee - I like any positive words - they are the only thing that gives me any hope. I have resigned myself to a bad outcome though - all the signs are there. It just makes me so sad to think my little ones heart is likely stop beating this week .

I'm guessing that your increased thirst is due to your increasing blood volume.

Kitz - hope you had a lovely weekend in Tassie. Whereabouts did you go?

Nic - I read that birth story too. I so hope I am an exception too.

DH is coming down to be with me for the D&C, and we are going to hopefully start investigations with QFG. This will be my fifth miscarriage so we want to at least investigate IVF with genetic testing of any embies so that I can avoid embies with chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormally large yolk sac is generally an indicator of chromosomal abnormalities. It's a hard decision as we can fall pregnant naturally but I'm not sure how many more miscarriages I can take, but then the IVF rollercoaster isn't an easy one either. After my scan I was ready to totally give up, but I know that in years to come I'd probably think what if and wonder if I'd just kept trying I'd have had another baby.
    Oh MMM... I'm so sorry that you are going through this all over again. If I could do anything to make it better for you I would...it breaks my heart to see such a kind and strong woman having to face this over and over.
    I'm glad your DH is coming down to be with you, whether good news or bad. And I'm just so sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moo - I wish you didn't have to go through this. I had a similar experience with my last m/c. As we go through IVF they are 110% sure of ovulation and our bub was 4 days behind (measuring 6 weeks 4days) with a HB of 49 - there was no chance and the the fact that I knew bub was going to pass away in the coming days was unbearable. I am still hopeful that your story will not end as mine did - there are lots of positive stories out there and I hope one day you can pass your story on to someone else for support.

As for IVF - have you been tested yet? PGD (genetic testing) is very very $$$ (but oh so worth it). DH and I had our choromosones tested before we started and it was all good - after our second m/c bub was sent away for testing and came back normal, so I was tested for everything under the sun! Came back I have a rare condition regarding my natural killer cells and hence why I take clexane. I'm just wondering if your OB would consider this before or as well as genetic testing?

IVF is hard - especially if you have mulitple attempts, but so is having to endure what you are. I wish you didn't have to think about any of this..

I'm glad DH will be with you..

Thinking of you..

Thanks
    Reviews
    MMM - I am with the other girls, I really wish you didn't have to be in the position you are in. Sometimes not knowing is hardest, I really hope that if it is bad news, that you are able to get some assistance or answers as to why it has happened to you. My heart and prayers go out to you and DH.