ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow I feel like i have missed so much with being away and then being busy with bub shower etc!
    Baby shower was good, went far too quickly for the amount of time and effort I put into organising it! Was kind of like my wedding in a way, so many people to talk to and not enough time! Made over 100 cupcakes on saturday night and still have lots and lots left. We sent several home with each guest but i think I'll have to take some into work this avo or freeze them for DS' lunches.
    Was supposed to go back to work yesterday but have a horrible chesty/cold thing so took the day off. Ended up going to Canberra with DH as he had to go pick his mum up after she drove back with his L=plater sister, and i didn't want him to drive alone (since he had very little sleep the night before with his friends staying over after the bub shower). Was a nice trip despite my hacking cough...we saw a lot of rainbows which made us think about our darling Ethan, and had a good cry. Been having a few of those lately, it seems to be getting harder as we get closer to meeting this bub.
    DH got pulled over on the way back and fined for driving with his fog-lights on! We always leave our fog lights on and didn't realise this was an offence?? It was raining too, even if it wasn't foggy?
    Just had my antenatal visit and fundal height is about 2 weeks ahead but the midwife isn't concerned as DS was a big bub etc. Everything else is going well, bub isn't engaged yet but she's head down.
    Must get around to painting my nursery (still!) and setting up all the things I bought from IKEA. I have so much to do still, haven't washed any bub clothes and haven't packed my hospy bags.
    Finish up at work next week so will do some more things after that I suppose!

Any news from Grace yet???
    Welcome to IWBAM (so excited you are here, really feels like the old 'team' again ), BGBG and H&DM and congrats on your BFPs! Look fwd to getting to know you all.

Bambi- on the meltdown honey. Have you got lots of support where you are?

MrsShe- Don't worry about the weight gain, it's all growing a nice healthy bub for you! I hate getting weighed at appt's, but my middie didn't weigh me today which I was relieved about! Especially after all those cupcakes! Lol at 18 degrees being chilly...I think it's about 6 here today! I had similar probs BFing too, and stopped after 10 days as it was so so so painful. How long did u feed for? Are you considering seeing a lactation consultant this time?
    I'm looking fwd to our Canberra catch-up at the end of the year too! Will work out well as DH's brother and SIL are expecting a bub around then and they live in Canberra.

Jess- If you have FB add me too! Somewhere around here there is a FB thread......

Izy- Can't wait to hear about your scan in a few days!

Bosco- Have you started thinking of names yet??

Chook- How was Gordon Ramsey? Hope your GTT comes back all clear.

MK- Hope your DS is having a great birthday today!!! Ooh, I've only just noticed you have a name for your bub!! Did I miss that? It's very pretty!! Would you pronounce it 'K-ee-ra' or 'Key-ara'? Only cause I know one of each and they both spell it the same?

WTK- Your GCT results don't sound very good, did you have GD with your first bub? Hopefully the GTT comes back clear!
    Do you live on the Mornington peninsula? We went on hols there last year, such a nice little part of the world!

Well thats all from me. Big hellos to everyone I have missed! I must get off this computer soon and start cleaning up. Still haven't packed up the decorations from Sundays party, so my loungeroom is covered in clusters of pretty pink balloons and ******ers. They do look pretty though....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning all!

Congrats Iwannabeamum! I'm from Tas originally and still have lots of friends there, mostly with bubs now. It's a great place to bring up kids.

Congrats BGBG too! Sorry to hear about the spotting it's just a little implantation bleeding or similar. Serial bloods (including progesterone) would be the best way to monitor at this stage. At 5 weeks, you'll generally just see the sac and the HB starts somewhere between 5-6 weeks (if your dates are correct). It would probably be less stressful to stick to bloods until ~6wks just to avoid that stress if they can't see a HB because it's too early.

Jess - Walk went well, thanks! I try to do a 4-5km walk every weekend (it used to be a 7km jog, but now I stop and turn back so that I'm back at the car ~ same time as DH). This is probably nothing compared to your job though! My HB is fine walking on flat. If I go to the gym, I only use the machines that have HB monitors. (I only get down there ~once a week - should really put my membership on hold).

Your placenta is probably providing a nice little cushion for the bub! For the first few weeks, I could only feel it if I lay on my side (or propped on my back) with my hands on my belly (particularly at the lower sides of the bump) - I could feel the occasional little tap. I wonder if you'd feel something like that? Mum didn't feel me at all until ~5 months and then she said I'd just roll over once a day and that was it. She was sure I'd come out without arms or legs! lol!

The shop assistant told us that the Phil and Ted's was only hand brake as well. At the time, I thought that was good, but now I can see the downsides. It also didn't seem to fold down quite as flat as the Mountain Buggy. We haven't looked at others (and TBH, I think with more choice we'd never make a decision! lol)

Mrsshe - you need more clothes? Now you're making me worry - I haven't even thought about clothes... Don't worry about fundal height - in the UK, that's all they measure after the 20 week scan (no further scans). They're notoriously wrong.

Nic - sorry to hear it wasn't a great break. Respect to you for managing IKEA at 34 weeks pg! Did you go to the Homebush store? I always get really stressed going there. DH now refuses to go (last time we had to queue to get into the carpark and eventually did a U turn and left as we were already getting frustrated!) Pity, as they have some great stuff (I wish you could buy online).

Bambi - sorry to hear about your meltdown. It's hard when you don't have your close friends and family around. We've only been in Sydney for 3 years and none of our friends here are close to having kids. Whereas, all our friends in the UK and Tas are starting (or started) families. Will your family visit you around the birth?

Izy - GOOD LUCK!

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Just had more bloods done though couldn't convince dr to give me a referral for a scan for next week. Bleeding has stopped (it was only bright red straight after #2 movement so I think it must be related to that). Get results later this arvo. Realised I've developed a dry metallic taste in my mouth which is a hopeful sign.

Why is it that today of all days my 2yo is playing up big time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nic236 View Post

Bosco- Have you started thinking of names yet??
    We are really without any imagination and had two unisex names so we could change the spelling and the order of them if we had a boy or girl...so much to our family's disgust ..(it's not their baby, it's ours) we chose

Jaime Reese

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bosco- I like it! Is it pronounced 'Jame' or 'Jay-mee'?

Kitz- Yeah went to the Homebush..but i heard they are building a bigger one somewhere? We can never buy much since its a 5hr trip home and we don't have a ute/trailer. Everytime DH and I go there we end up fighting too! He wasn't there this time though.

Rachael- Sounds like a good plan you have there. on thinking positive.

BGBG- Glad the bleeding has stopped! Hope the bloods come back with a good result

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay-mee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still to get my bloods, but I love my obgyn

He's putting me on progesterone pessaries to increase my chances of not miscarrying. Never realised anything like that existed. He said they wont help if there's a genetic abnormality but then again if that happens, then that's nature taking it's course.

He is such a great dr!

Bleeding still stopped. Only 2.5 more hours til I (hopefully) get the blood results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    An update, my blood results came back. I've gone from 1320 to 6540 in 4 days! the dr said there's no risk of miscarriage with those levels. I cant wipe the smile off my face, now I can relax and enjoy this pregnancy more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lufflies,
    Wow we've been chatty. Way too busy and haven't able been on to catch up.

Nic, hopefully you can relax once you've finished work. Unbelievable how fast it's gone! Glad the shower went well.

BGBG, wonderful results there. Certainly reassuring. Will you have further follow up tests still or that's it till a scan?

Bosco, love the name. I hate that family think they can make a name choice for us.

Kitz, well done on keeping up some form of exercise still. I am still going to water aerobics 3 times a week and the girls keep me on my toes.

Bambi, sorry your feeling homesick, bet if you were there though you'dd be wanting some space.

AFM, open houses were rediculous but we did manage to go and check out one we have already been through. Said we weren't going back in unless the tenants went out so they organised that. Have now put in an offer and waiting to hear back. The issue is that the tenants are on a lease till mid Oct and we settle here on 17/8. The vendor of the place we like is now discussing paying for the tenants removal costs so we have vacant possession.
    The food and wine show was good. Could have passed on the ramsay show but hey it was free. We weren't at the one he spoke about Tracey Grimshaw though. DH enjoyed the wines. There were some pretty drunk people by the end! DH work gave us a show bag with some cool stuff in it including ramseys new cookbook. It was nice to have time without the kids. The only down part of the day was that one of DH's staff were there too and his wife is pg. We were both due the same week and the last time I saw her was at the work xmas party the week before the m/c. Anyway, I found it really hard looking at her and her belly. I wish her all the best and don't begrudge her but I haven't had to really deal with the 'that should have been me' reality check. I am extremely grateful I'm pg now but still hurt iykwim. Thankfully they moved seats in the ramsey show and I didn't have to talk to her for long. I was fighting back the tears.
    Will get the GTT results Thursday and fully expecting it to be positive for GD.
    Last edited by chook76; 09-06-2009 at 21:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook, no that's it now til the scan in 3 weeks. Unless I have a massive bleed.

A friend of mine had GD and she was able to maintain it with diet. She actually lost weight and looked great! Said it made her eat much more healthily. Best of luck with the results.