ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning lovelies

I'm only just catching up on who's doing what. My tip for clothes is definitely ebay - only got a couple of duds from there. A friend lent us a bassinet and I hadn't planned on using one, but it was good initially as the cot seemed soo big, plus it was easy to move around.

JessLee - congrats on entering the teens.

Kaz - congrats again - make sure you spend plenty of time in rollercoaster thread too (but with that healthy bubby stuck in firmly).

Sorry no more personals.

AFM - either dodgey tests or chemical pregnancy for me. Big temp drop this am and AF is heavy and nasty - I've had lighter miscarriages! If my symptoms hang around I might test again in a week just in case it is twins - I've already done this scenario - but for now I'm out. I hope to be back in 28 days before any of you leave.
    Last edited by mrmoosmum; 27-05-2009 at 08:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Von- I just replied in the testing thread.... I'm so sorry honey. I hope you are doing OK today and .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Von, I am so so sorry. Look after yourself and I hope to see you back in here really really soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear your news Von thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MMM - I'm so sorry.

Kitz - Gee girl, I am still waiting for this doppler, my bubs will be 21 when I get it....
    Why don't you call First Beats and see if they have one in stock, if they do, cancel the other and First Beats can deliver (apparently anywhere in Aus) the next day!

Good luck with the car shopping! Any idea what you want?
    Nothing flash, was thinking of a Toyota corolla or similar. We miss our UK cars Second hand cars there are so cheap so we had nice ones that we couldn't warrant spending the money on here.

Thanks for the clothes and bassinet tips girls. I think I'll get a bassinet - we have a 3 storey house and the bubs room will be on the 3rd floor so at least I could cart a bassinet around with me instead of hiking up 2 flights of stairs everytime she wakes up! Although, it could be good for fitness...

Jess - when did you sneak a few days ahead of me on your ticker?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your kind words - I'm hoping to be back very soon.

Kitz - just a quick bit of advice on the car thing - work out where the car seat would latch on - often hatchback ones cut right across the boot space making it hard to fit a pram in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MMM - I am so sorry for you and DH, that is disappointing. I really wanted you to stick around.

Kitz - Doppler was under the portico when I was leaving for work hence I was late as I had to try it, took me about 10 minutes but found bubsy at 145 same as her scan rate. It was scary though as I just wanted to hear it, not see the rate as at one stage it went to 172 but the heart wasn't flashing black on the readout so that meant poor signal at the time..phew. Anyway, I will be trying it like you, after a quiet day with no wriggling, after breathing in the smelly paint fumes at work, after thinking I will get the swine flu, after sitting too close to the tv, after the cat sitting on my belly..... IKWYM, we have a two storey house and by the time bubs is born, I will be ready for an automatic granny chair on the railing. Also I thought about the fact we now need window locks on all the upstairs windows as the ensuite and bathroom have low windows that are sliding and I don't want them easily opened...

AFM - DH's landrover pooped itself so now we need another 4WD. We have the Civic but it is ok for bubs but not bubs plus two german shepherds. I don't mind the Rav4 but see the Mitsubishi Outlander has smart key where it opens before you get to it, handy when I am carrying shopping, or juggling bubs I think. Anyway, it's 35k we don't have right now.

Nic - Not long now sweet . Is KazC coming over to the board?

MrsShe, WTK, Bambi, Smoore, Grace, Sue, Chook and Izy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitz - just a quick bit of advice on the car thing - work out where the car seat would latch on - often hatchback ones cut right across the boot space making it hard to fit a pram in.
    You mean there's more to consider?! I have no hope! Don't car seats just strap onto the seat?

Bosco - YAY! Finally arrived! It took me ages the first time too. But if you use it on a full bladder, it's easier. Also, I find that now that I know where to look, I just pop the sensor in the same spot and it's there, so I don't need to move it around (even when I can see that the bub is bunched up on one side). I'm glad now that I didn't get the one with a display - I knew I'd panic if it was different.

I love the look of the rav4, but I like driving small cars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Good Luck for the car Boscos mum. We're going to look at salary sacrificing a new car soon. No idea what we want though

MMM- I missed the whole affair but I do hope you are back in with us soon, and for a LONG time.

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    to MMM sorry you couldn't stay but I hope to see you back in a month.

Nic - it kind of freaked me out when I read that bub has half of her stash of eggs already at 20 weeks. It was kind of exciting at the same time.

kitz - you need to look inside a car. at the back there is a black (or silver) clip thing (some are hidden under plastic covers) that you clip the car seat strap to. Hatches definitely make it harder to store things in the boot. I have a compact sedan and although it is roomier than it looks, with two kids and a car seat in the back, I may need to consider a trade it at some point. But for one seat it would suffice short term.

To everyone else and belly rubs.
    I have to get my kids out of the shower and into bed so I can lay around.