Closed Thread
Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hahaha...you girls are too funny...

Mind you when my parents had my sister(their first) they had no money or room so she slept in dads tshirt drawer! Well it had sides I guess!

I had my NT scan and all is well. The nuchal fold was 1.5mm and the nose bone was visible so once the bloods come back I think the risk for downs will be low. HB was 147 and he/she was waving and swallowing. All is normal, normal, normal.

I've now decided I'm not going to allow our past to affect my enjoyment of this pg and I will now only look forward to Nov when we will be holding our beautiful, healthy baby. I am not going to forget our angel but this baby deserves my attention and positive thoughts too.

Hi to everyone, need to go snooze so will catch up on personals over the weekend.
    Kathy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So good to hear Chook!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Don't think the cat would agree boscosmum

SUPER YAY Chook Thats great that you have decided to enjoy this pregnancy. I aim to do the same. I'm following your example so you better enjoy (insert pic of me shaking fist)

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Great scan results chook. And I really hope that you can start to put all your energy into enjoying getting ready for your baby's arrival. I'm sure you'll feel even more reassured when you can feel him/her kicking and dancing on your bladder.

Bosco - I know what you mean about needing to feel bub move. Even now I poke her to make her kick me (she hates being disturbed).

Kitz - the bare minimum get a snuggly bed and you can have bub in there on your bed until your furniture arrives. They're everywhere and can go anywhere (on the floor even). I'm sure once you feel the baby kicking you constantly you will get a rush of energy and just have to spend money and get things ready.

nic - YAY on no GD. I hope those iron levels improve. Quick question. What is the difference between an infusion and a transfusion? My grandmother is getting blood because her iron and potassium are low from the chemo and she calls it an infusion too.

MrsShe - I hope you're feeling better and this is the last of your bug attacks.

Bambi - I also didn't know you lived in Darwin. Thought you were a brissy girl too. Don't know where I got that from. I probably made it up .

To everyone else I've missed.

AFM - I got all my friends baby clothes yesterday so don't need a thing until bub is around 1. LOL. I also finished the bub's comforter which you can see here.
    My next project is my sling. Then burp cloths and fitted sheets. I also have some ballerina fabric that I was going to make an extra comforter and sheet set with but I washed the fabric and it feels a little rough. I'll throw it in the dryer and see if that fixes it, otherwise I'll just donate it and get something else. I'm loving spotlight right now. I think I'm enjoying it more than clothes shopping.
    I can't wait for my first two orders of MCN's arrive. I'm so excited about them. Anyone else using them?

I think I'm finally in the nesting phase because I can't seem to stop thinking about tidying up and sewing stuff for the baby LOL.

Take care everyone. I hope all the bub's in here are doing wonderfully!!
    Last edited by MamaKoala; 03-05-2009 at 07:25. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook - great news about your NT scan, my bub had a 1.5mm too so that's great... I am glad you can put the past behind you and concentrate on enjoying this bub

Izy - You are right the cats like their kitty beds so I don't think they are going to share with bubs

MK - You are so talented... I don't even have a sewing machine. I actually think I felt bubs on Friday night and yesterday. It felt like a twitch or a spasm on the right hand side about 3 cms below my belly button. It was really weird like a gold fish tail or something. I really hope it was bub as I am 18 weeks today woo hoo. I haven't felt her move today though. Maybe I am just going crazy..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    MK that comforter looks AMAZING! what awesome skills you have!

Transfusion vs infusion.... I thought the transfusion is just kinda inserted into your body but infusion is where your blood comes out of your body is mixed with the aditive and put back in... could be completely wrong though.

Boscosmum I hope that was bubs- it sounds so exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MK- I think transfusion and infusion are mostly the same things, except perhaps 'trans'fusion suggests it is more likely to be blood products etc that have been 'trans' ferred from some one else? I think the terms could probably be used interchangably by a lot of people though? I would think an infusion would relate more to things like antibiotics, fluids, iron etc whereas I would only use the term 'transfusion' for blood etc?

That quilt looks fantastic!!! I can't sew either, but often think I should learn! You are soo clever!

Bosco- sounds like a bub movement to me!

Izy- Still excited for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Sorry I have been MIA for a while, my lovely DH took me away for a holiday to Noosa before bubs is born, we got home on Saturday night.

It was really nice just to relax, get my belly out into the sun and chat about our future.

I had my GD test last week (get the results on Wed when I see the OB). Had the drink and was waiting, had 8 minutes to go and promptly fainted - not a nice feeling! Hopefully it does not mean anything bad...

Has anyone had trouble sleeping? I seem to fall asleep really easy, but then wake up at 1, 2 or 3am, go to the loo and am wide awake for hours, it is starting to drive me insane!!

Anyway, since its my first day back at work, I better work thru the emails etc etc. Hope everyone is doing good!

I will do more personals when I catch up later

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I bit slack on my behalf in posting lately, no excuses, just slack
    I'm feeling more movement which makes me very happy, just waiting for DF to be able to feel them now. We have our first appt with our new ob this afternoon so hopefully we will have some questions answered. Will be quite the sensation meeting the woman who will deliver our precious bundle. That's assuming she doesn't have annual leave booked for August.

Don't you just love it when you finally get up to date with all the washing and then it rains

Hope everyones weekends went well. I'm still having trouble tipping a winner in the footy and I'm usually a pro, not this season ...

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone - hope you all had a lovely weekend. We didnt do too much, DH just worked saturday then we had a family things on in the arvo then we went to my sisters place for dinner last night. I bought some wool yesterday and im starting to knit a pram blanket for bub. DH i 'think' is going to buy me a sewing machine for mothers day so then i will be able to start making some more things for bubba - MK inspired me lol.

Public holiday here today so its just a quiet one for us - im just continuing with my knitting and DH has just mowed the lawn and now washing/cleaning out the car. I think we might head to the beach when he's finshed and get some fish n chips.

I have my morph scan tomorrow - really very nervous about it but i feel i cant really talk to DH about my worries - i made mention to him yesterday that i am very scared of tuesdays scan and he cracked at me. Basically said not to talk to him about it as he's sick of me saying that things might go worng as he's trying to be positive and happy about this baby it kinda turned into a large argument and he didnt seem to understand why i keep saying we shouldnt get our hopes up til after tuesday. I sorta feel like if i prepare for the worst i dont have as far to fall IYKWIM? Anyway he was pretty much cranky with me all yesterday so i dare not mention anything today that im sh!t scared about tomorrow. I just keep thinking what if her bones started to break since the last scan and tomorrows scan? I cant deal with all that again - I just want my bub healthy and strong. I have learnt that no one is immune from anything and even the possibility of bubba having another problem is a possibility. I doubt i will sleep tonight - my scan is at 1.45pm tomorrow - hopefully it will be one scan that we can walk from being happy.
    Have a good day all xo