Closed Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsShe and Nic - Very impressed with your efforts girls!

My plan was to finally get into bubs room and start cleaning, but it did not happen. DH has finished the painting, so now I have to celan the room and get everything in there.

We have bought a pram, capsule, change table with drawers, mossie net, rug for the floor and wardrobe. We have alos been given a cot and lots of cloths and nappies, so I really want to get everything in bubs room clean and set up, because the back of the house is a real mess at the moment!

Wow, after reading that back, I did not realise how much we already have!

DH, mum and I went to the baby markets on Sunday. It was good, if no a bit overwhleming. We found this great feeding chair, but missed out on it as by the time we got to the table, another lady had just nought it, such a shame!

DH is not doing too well at the moment and is having crippling headaches, when he never gets any headaches. We spent Friday at the docs and CT scans etc. I then took him for a massage on Saturday which eased it, but it is back this morning. I am at work at the moment, because I have a team meeting, but will then go home to work and look after him. He is making me worried tho!

xx and oo to all! Have a good day peoples.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Smoore and Mrsshe- I can't believe how organised you guys are! Now I'm feeling some serious pressure to go and do some shopping ... i've been telling myself that I want to go to the baby and kids markets though so maybe i will do that first!

LBP- Hope the scan went well honey. It's so scary to get those kind of pains early on isn't it? Hopefully it was just some stretching pains and you are able to see your bub when you have your scan.

Jess- You need a ticker as I can't keep up with how far along everyone is! Hope you aren't so tired today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning everyone

Letsbepositive - I have my fingers and everything else crossed for you that you get a good result. The 2 day wait takes forever and you just can't focus on anything else.

Smoore - hope DH gets better soon. Glad you are getting it all properly checked out.

Nic - good on you getting your garden done - we always seem to get ours done just before we sell so we never get to enjoy them. And now we don't have a house - just the company provided compound accommodation - but it does come with a couple of gardeners so can't complain. I'm a big fan of the second hand sales myself. Went to the Toowoomba one on Saturday but got there too late - all the good stuff was gone.

Lambjam - I didn't mind the super tired symptom - I love a nana nap and now I have an excuse - DS goes down and so do I.

MrsShe - sounds like you are doing some early nesting. I love going to the markets for my fresh fruit and veges - they are an experience in PNG - we are often the only pale skin ones there and they all adore DS who chats to them in pidgin - I think he knows more than we do.

Mamakoala - fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow. I agree with Nic - HB isn't easy to find at that stage. My ob for DS said he stopped doing it and just offers another scan at the 14 week checkup.

Bosco - yes - I am in Toowoomba ATM, and plan to head to see my parents in NZ if I get a heartbeat next Tuesday.

JessLee - I was wishing for ms to make me feel better, but it is still very unpleasant and makes it hard to do anything. I can't sleep for more than a few hours at night either.

Off to the GP to get my ob referral today (doing things in the wrong order). I'll get her to confirm with an HCG to make sure those levels are still rising and then hope to have a scan this Wed or Thursday - about 6 and a half weeks so surely I'd get a heartbeat? MS has hit me big time overnight and feeling very blah - not actually though. I keep craving fruit to stop me feeling nauseas but I think that is currently backfiring and doing a fair bit of sitting on the toilet. DS has been propped up in front of Thomas so everyone is happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gosh you've all been so busy! We were supposed to do some cleaning on the weekend as have family coming in a couple of weeks, but left it until Sunday and the ms re-visited me on Sunday and I spent most of the day on the sofa... Not complaining!

LBP - Goodluck with the BT. I understand how stressful the wait is.

Jess - for you tomorrow. Do you have a friend/family going with you to the scan?

MK - Good luck for your scan. I had been thinking of hiring one of those doppler monitors if I get to 12 weeks, but having heard all the worry it causes when it can't pick up the beat early-on, perhaps I won't.

MMM - your ms sounds promising (sounds strange to think of feeling ill like that...)

ms is a bit on/off. I'm not feeling too bad today. Tomorrow is the big day and trying not to get myself worked up...

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoosmum View Post
    Off to the GP to get my ob referral today (doing things in the wrong order). I'll get her to confirm with an HCG to make sure those levels are still rising and then hope to have a scan this Wed or Thursday - about 6 and a half weeks so surely I'd get a heartbeat? MS has hit me big time overnight and feeling very blah - not actually though. I keep craving fruit to stop me feeling nauseas but I think that is currently backfiring and doing a fair bit of sitting on the toilet. DS has been propped up in front of Thomas so everyone is happy.
    Ooh, how exciting! You're not too far ahead of me, I'll get my scan in about 2 weeks. I had my 2nd HCG test this morning, so by this afternoon I should have 2 figures to compare with each other...

From all I've heard you should get a heartbeat for sure; I have to wait until 7 weeks just to make sure they can see where bub has settled in.

Morning sickness at 6 weeks must be a good sign of your HCG levels

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just found out the beta HCG levels!

Late Thursday afternoon they were 114 and this morning 381, so they're right on track for doubling every 48 hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gals,

Lamg for your levels!! Great feeling isn't it?

Moo - you should get a heartbeat - we got one at 5wks 6days. And you could be craving a lot worse things - fruit is good good good!

Kitz - Good luck tomorrow! Nobody going with me tomorrow - If DH can't be there then I'd prefer nobody. I've gotten to know my scanner very well and all the nurses at the clinic - guess that is a positive about IVF.

Smoore - you ARE organised!

LBP - how are you going today?

MrsShe - how are things with you going?

Nic - in all honesty I can't bring myself to get a ticker - can't even bring myself to look at all the pregnancy books I bought last year during my first pregnancy. It sounds so silly but I feel like I will jinx myself - hopefully tomorrow will make it all real - I will be about 9 1/2 weeks.

AFM - M/S was nasty this morning but the ginger and vitamin B tablets helped get me back on track I think! Just had ice-cream - thought it was a great idea at time - not thinking that now though!!!

to us all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evening lovelies

Kitz - good luck for tomorrow <-- sticky healthy babydust.

Lam - super results - you must be so happy.

JessLee - good luck tomorrow for you too.

Saw the GP - turns out she is pregnant too and going to the same ob as me. Have a scan booked for Thursday afternoon - I'm trying to be positive and calling it Heartbeat Thursday. I'll be 6w5d so it really should be in there blinking away. Had a mini 'wiping' scare - saw pink, and then realised I had on new hot pink undies and they were doing a bit of sharing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moo - Ditch the pink undies! And any red ones while your at it! Bring on Heartbeat Thursday - I like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MMM- Good to hear you are in Toowoomba..for some reason I pictured you 'only just' in Australia, like in Darwin or the tip of QLD or something. I don't know why! I think my father lived in Toowoomba for a couple of years but I haven't been there. Glad the MS has hit..its not nice but always comforting at the same time. And enjoy the fruit, I craved it a lot to start with and now I don't want any at all!

Kitz- Yay for being almost 10 weeks! Good luck tomorrow honey, I'm sure all will be perfect!

Lamb- YAY for the HCG levels! Thats great news!

Jess- It's all good, I worked out you and Kitz are due around the same time so I'll keep referring to her ticker! I can understand the feeling of jinxng it though..I still feel a little nervous about buying stuff TBH.
    Good Luck tomorrow too! Let us know how you go!