Closed Thread
Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe it's me with preggo brain Bambi - maybe it wasn't Elle1972, I can't remember who was saying it was like a crab....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bambi- That sounds a lot like your bub!!

Kitz- so glad today went well!! Can't wait to hear about it!!

MrsShe- how fast were you going? What kind of new car do you have?

Big Hellos and Hugs to everyone else.. &

I'm doing OK, not up to much. Excited to be 24wks on fri..as it's the age of viability..
    Having said that, I have no intentions of going into premmie labour, nor is my local hospy equipped to handle anything earlier than a 34wk bub, but it still makes me feel better.

Been super-duper tired the last week..am thinking I must go get my iron levels checked. Althought all the tossing and turning I'm doing with a sore back at night time probably isn't helping..nor is all the morning shifts I've had this week. Today I suspect bub has already turned herself head down as have been getting so many big kicks right under my diapragm. Also getting these horrible sharp pains that run right down my va-jay-jay...sorry TMI but it really hurts!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kitz!!! Can't wait to hear details and maybe see a pic!

nic - I rememeber those Vee-jay pains. I am not looking forward to it. YAY for bub turning around. Hopefully she'll stay there, or at least be that way on the way out.
    only 15 or so weeks for you left! Time has moved so fast since august. I can't believe it's almost been a year since I fell pregnant last time. I'm just so glad that this time our bubs seem to be doing well.

Bambi - I sometimes feel like there's arms and legs flying everywhere. I've had three really good boots today but they're so soft I almost missed them (I say boot because I actually feel them).

I did not treat bub well yesterday and didn't eat enough, which I was punished for in the evening when I picked the kids up. Grabbed some red Rooster, almost didn't make it home I was so light headed. Served the kids as quickly as I could and then breathed down my plate of chicken, peas, potato and pumpkin which made me bloat to the size of 6 months at least.

This is going to be totally non-pregnancy related:
    My 6 year old told me that the girls (the carers) at the daycare centre they go to after school swear. I asked what kind of words do they use and he said the 'eff' and 'sh' words - and not the sh word he used the other night (his words verbatim, he told my 5 year old to shut up the other night). So now I have to call the centre and tell them to stop it. Would you just pull your kids out if you found that out? I really am not impressed with this daycare centre at all. They are not fully qualified and cannot take children under 15 months. I saw the director the other day in the supermarket yelling at her own kids and telling one of them he was brainless for not picking the milk that she usually got. That is less than impressive to me.
    So what should I do? Talk to them about the girls language or just pull the kids altogether?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Gals,

So great to hear everyone is going so well!

Nic - OMG 24 weeks! That is so great - I can't imagine getting that far - I haven't thought past my NT scan tomorrow! And great bubs may of turned - just getting comfortable for the next 15-16 weeks!

Kitz - so happy that it all went well - can't wait to hear the details

Bambi - kick bub kick! How awesome!

Hello to Smoore77, Boscosmum, Chook, LBP and anyone else I have missed - sorry!

MK - I work in daycare and swearing is so not ok! I would write a letter of complaint BUT beware - if you don't think they are very professional then they might not honour confidentiality - if we get a letter of complaint our Director does not tell us who wrote it - it is policy and confidentiality. It makes me wonder if they are swearing and if the Director talks to her own children like that what they are saying to the children in their care? On the other hand - she can talk to her children anyway she likes and it doesn't mean she is like that at work. And she may be very professional and appreciate being informed of what your child mentioned.

If you are not comfortable with the staff - leave. I am a big believer in feeling safe about where your kids are - knowing they are cared for, respected, held in high esteem as well as having quality learning experiences as so important for them and you.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

to us all

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies...

Kitz - cant wait to hear your great news!!

Nic - i cant believe that your nearly 25 weeks!! wont be long til everyone has their bubba in their arms. I was apparently doing nearly 20k's over the speed limit i couldnt believe it when he told me, really i do feel terrible about it. Obviously i am not yet used to the excelerator - we got a commodore.

Mama - oh thats shocking language to use in a childcare centre. I cant stand swearing to be honest and i absolutely hate hearing the "F" word around me let alone my kids. To be honest my initial thought when reading your post was to talk to them asap about it, but as you then said that they are not fully qualified and your not all that happy with them anyway, i would probably just leave. Is there another centre close by that have vacancies? Id definately give it a shot.

Jess - Good luck with your NT scan tomorrow, will be thinking of you

Yuk day here today. Raining and heaps of wind. I went to a tupperware party last night and bought some lil containers for bub, to keep snacks in or to make up dinners for freezer etc. I also got some new container that you can take from your freezer to the microwave. I would have bought alot more but its all just so expensive - at least they last forever and can be replaced if they crack.
    Anyway, enough of me have a nice day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good morning girls

MrsShe you can't be held accountable for the awesome power of your throbadore! That is actually quite funny (except for the $200 fine) I hope DH saw the funny side.

Nic for 24 weeks. How exciting and relieving for you and DH. I saw your recent fb photos and you have a beautiful baby bump!

Jess good luck for tomorrow can't wait to hear how you go.

Mama is there other childcare options readily available? If i were you i'd prob have a look into and see if there was a better option out there, if that fails then I would approach the director. How frustrating for you

Boscos mum you are right, it was Elle. Actually I have been feeling these crab scratchings for a few weeks now but dismissed them as movements because I was waiting for the lovely soft butterflys or bubbles when I read how she had described them it just clicked.

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow!!! Only 5 sleeps til my morph scan....

Hello to Smoore, LBP, Kitz, Grace, Chook & everyone I've missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all. I've got a few days off as we have visitors so there's not much time for the internet.

MMM - I'm sorry I couldn't write more yesterday. I'm so sorry that you've gone through this again - it's so unfair. I was thinking about you the other day and it occured to me that they probably didn't do a DNA fragmentation test on your DH when they did all of the tests (it's a special SA)? As with NK cells, it's a very new area but there is now a number of studies which strongly link it to early m/c. It could also explain why you've had a healthy baby (as it's a % thing). It would be worth getting tested before embarking on ivf as there are now ivf techniques to overcome this (picsi - not widely used, but I know Sydney ivf use it).

mrsshe - ouch! $200 speeding fine you devil It's so easy to do in a new car though, isn't it.

Bambi - yay! how exciting!!

MK - I'd defintely complain, but it may be better for peace of mind to move if you can?

Jess - good luck for tomorrow! I have a good feeling

Thanks all for the well wishes and congratulations! I still can't quite believe it. I'd worked myself into a bit of a state - woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep! We went to a different clinic to the previous NT scan (was where we could get in but also less bad memories). But we were in the waiting room and the dead-pan girl who did it last time walked past. I couldn't believe it - I so didn't want her again! But I didn't - I got a lovely lady who understood my fear and quickly confirmed it was all fine. Bub was asleep at first (luckily in the perfect position to get the right measurements) and then woke up and started wiggling around. Was amazing . I'm 37, so a higher risk of downs, but the adjusted risk was 1 in ~2100!! We were so happy!! Now I think I'm in shock - I just can't believe it. I think I've been thinking pg only lasts for 12 weeks... what now? We still haven't told anyone. I'm officially nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

it's been a while since i have posted much on here - between 2 year old tantrum king and my work there hasn't been much time for posting and i fall into bed really quick at night too!

kitz - so happy to hear your news - awesome

bambi - lovely little scratchings - i have those too and am just starting to get some faint little kicks too. When all is quiet and still i can feel them....

mrsshe - naughty girl but it can happen soooo easily!!!

jess - good luck for your scan

MK - I would be trying to move to another daycare if you can. That is unacceptable behaviour!!

nic- i love the name you have chosen. We are on the name trail too but have to do both genders cos we are not finding out what we are having. I love Lily for a girl but boys names are sooooooooooooooo hard - happy to hear suggestions!!

boscos's mum -

MMM - hope you are doing ok. thinking of you

love to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitz - So great to hear your good news about your scan. I am so happy for you that everything went well!

Sue - DH and I are not finding out our bubs sex either. We are good for girls names, but are also struggling with boys! I like the name Jack, but DH would like Daniel for a middle name, and I could just not do that to the poor little thing! Also, DH is certain we are having a girl (he had a dream) so he keeps saying we only need girls names anyway - it will be just our luck we will have a boy and will have no names for the little tiger!

AFM - I am in the wars a bit lately. I got bitten on the arm in my sleep by what they think is a spider, so I have this awful stuff that looks and smells like tar to try and draw the posion out.

Also, I have a little patch on my thigh, that I have had for about a month that I did not think to much off. It is kind of numb, but also goes hot and cold with a couple of little spider veins around it. I thought it was just another lovely preggers sympton, but I called the middie today just to check that I should not be worried and she wants me to go to the doc tomorrow to check is is not a blood clot! Of course, I can not get into my GP until Wednesday, so I have booked one down the road tomorrow. I hope he is a good Doc!

One more thing, the has come back twice this week!

Do you know what though, I am still loving being pregnant and even though all of this sounds bad and like I am complaining, I am loving it, as it is leading me to a healthy bubs in a few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello beautiful ladies!!

MK- Yay for getting little boots from your bub!!
    I would definitely be taking your kids out of that centre if you can- if the woman who runs it treats her OWN children like that in public, how would she treat other peoples children when noone else is around?

Jess- Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

MrsShe- You need a car like mine, it displays the number instead of the speed dial thingy..so tells you exactly how many KM you are going. Very handy and it makes me feel guilty if i speed! Sucks about the fine!!! I love tupperware too, but can't justify it enough! Hosting the parties are good though, lots of freebies!!

Bambi- how cute that your bub feels like a little crab!! Maybe he/she has 6 legs in there...maybe its triplets!!

Kitz- Glad to hear all went well honey, and that the downs risk was low. IKWYM, now you will have to tell people!!!

Sue- How are you going? Is your DS used to the idea of the bub yet?

Smoore- No good about the spider bite. Did they find out what kind it was or anything?
    Not sure about the numb patch, could be a clot or a nerve that is pinched or something? Hope it's not a clot!
    IKWYM, I have been complaining so much this week, but I am still so so so grateful to be pregnant and have a healthy bub.

AFM- Will see you all after the weekend, we are off to the central coast for my cousins wedding. Will also pick up our new change table!