Closed Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lam- i know, it must feel like 7wks is so far away right now, but it will be here before you know it!

Von- Hope you enjoyed the movie! What did you see?

MrsShe- glad the scan went well honey. As for the brittle bone disease, big hugs... as you said a 95% chance of not having it is pretty good! Will they be able to tell at around 16 weeks? I thought they might be able to see more around then and look at the femurs well enough?

Bambi- Enjoy the Hunter Valley! Heading up that way for a wedding myself in about 3 weeks time.

Kitz- So glad to hear you are feeling worse. It must be a scary time in the lead up to when you lost the last bub. Good Luck for Tuesday, I have a good feeling about it!

Chook- Yay for your levels! I'm so glad to be sharing a thread with you again honey.

AFM-A lot of people have now noticed I have a belly which is kind of nice, but then part of me doesn't want to discuss it with strangers either IYKWIM. A nice elderly lady asked me at work when I was due, and if i knew what I was having, and if I had any kids at home etc. I don't tell strangers about Ethan now, it seems too much having strangers give you sympathy...so I just say I have a son at home, and people tell me how wonderful it will be to have a perfect pigeon pair.

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nic - IKWYM about people asking that, i get it all the time at work. I just dont mention DD anymore, opens up too many wound. Yay for the bigger tum. As for 16 weeks - i asked if i could have an earlier scan but they said no as they wanted to give bub that extra time incase breaks start after that but in saying that i just might ask for a 16 week scan now just to ease my mind - not a morph one as such but just to check on the femurs. Thanks hun

kitz - thanks hun, i do know that 95% is good but really to me it doesnt mean anything. I mean they still dont know and cant tell me if it will occur again or not as she was our first together. I guess i knew this next preg would be harder as we have nothing to go by. I guess we just have to wait n see.

chook - thanks so much for letting me know that. You know, i have researched everywhere and even contacted the brittle bone disease organisation of australia to ask if they know of anyone who has lost a baby due to the lethal form of this and gone on to have a healthy baby and they couldnt answer it. I am so glad to hear that you have a friend who has gone on to have a healthy baby - it means so much and i hold onto the hope that i may be as lucky as her.

Bamnbi - enjoy your break

well i am spending the weekend cleaning out the house and throwing away everything we dont use - i am sick of keeping cr@p. I also have to wash and clean out the car as we are selling it cause we have just bought a bigger one, ready for bubba
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend...
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    woo hoo chook... that's great, my hcg was 6324 at 5 weeks so you have a nice strong reading.

Mrsshe - good to hear bubs was good for you on friday 13th. I felt the same, had my first obs appointment and he did a scan, didn't think he would. Anyway, what a relief, bubs has a nice strong heartbeat and gave me a wave too after jumping like a frog. Amazing that they move and you can't feel it yet.

How is everyone else going??? Keep your chin up Kitz, time will go quickly.

Nic - great news that you are getting a nice belly...i just look fat LOL.

Bambi - I am hoping you are right and it is blue...for me... bubs looked like an alien today so definitely takes after DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evening everyone

MrsShe - glad that your scan went well. i'm sorry I didn't realise what you are up against. My friend has a healthy little girl and boy, after a loss to brittle bone disease.

Nic - I still don't get why pregnant women become public property as soon as they have a big belly - questions are bad enough, and as for the prodding. It must be so hard having the 'is this your first?' question .

Kitz - unpleasant as it is - yay for feeling sick.

Chook - what great levels you have.

Boscosmum - yay for the little alien moving around in there.

bambi - have a wonderful week away.

AFM - got my HCG results back this morning and they are 'adequate'. At 5 weeks I was only 1744 and today at 6 weeks they are 9043 which means I am doubling every 72 hours. I so want to be a 48 hour doubler . I feel a little reassured that he wanted me to come for a viability scan in 2 weeks time - wouldn't he have wanted more bloods or to see me sooner if he was worried? Anyhow - the movie was the perfect distraction - I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. Not the best movie ever but a very pleasant distraction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls,

Great to hear everyone doing so well,

MrsShe - great to hear you scan went well - it is funny how in any other situation you would be cheering for those odds but when it comes to bubs and the nightmare you have been through that 5% seems too much. Hold tight hon....the 95% is so much nicer... thinking of you.

Bambi - enjoy wine country! you should go to the chocolate or cheese factory!

Chook - levels look great

Nic - must be nice to have a tummy - and you don't have to tell anyone anything - especially strangers..

Hi Boscosmum, Kitz, mrmoosmum and anyone I have missed!

AFM - all going ok I guess- not much happening - m/s seems to be on and off? or perhaps I'm over analysing... just feel emotional today - like I want to grieve or something?? I am just so afraid... have another scan on Tuesday - think I am a scan addict...

to us all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jess- nothing wrong with being a scan addict.. I wish I had one at home. That's all I hold out for scans scans scans as sometimes I forget that I am pg.

MrsMM - good news that your levels are rising, I am sure they would repeat the bloods in a week or every few days if they were concerned.

AFM - feel a bit dizzy today so might go lie down. Hope I don't have another middle ear infection, had one in November and felt like I was on a boat in the middle of the pacific...bllllaaagghhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jess - I hear you!! I'm overanalysing everything. Today, again, I feel fine and it scares me silly. I guess I won't relax until my scan (also on Tuesday).

mrsmoosmum - when the levels are above ~2000, the doubling time increases to ~72 hours, so I'm sure you're fine. Here's a great site I found:

http://babymed .com/ Tools/Pregnancy/hcg/default.aspx

(NB I added a coupld of spaces in the address to make sure it gets printed so you'll need to delete these). You're levels look great on this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsShe - I am glad your scan went well sweets. I have decided you have had enough bad luck and you deserve some good things now, so this bubs is a strong little one in the 95% group and will be in your arms safe and healthy in no time. Sound good?

Chook - Great HCG levels. I can understand about not being enthusiastic. I am too scared to get my hopes up to, I think we all feel like this after our little angels

Nic - glad you ahve a belly sweet, donlt worry about not mentioning Ethan, we all will never forget him

MMM - I am sure your hcg will be fine, probably a little slow, I know mine were

Jess - I would love a scan machine in our house, so I understand!!

Bosco - Hope you are feeling ok now?

I hope I have not forgotten anyone, and sorry if I have

AFM - I am 20 weeks today and feeling pretty excited! Half way!! Wow, kind of thought we would never get here

xx to all!

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    smoore, thank you honey. Most certainly does sound good to me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nic - another thing I did when people that I took offence to asked me if I was pregnant was just to say no - that generally shuts them up!

JessLee - I'd be a scan addict if I could. In fact if I was still in PNG that would be my only option - you have a scan every ob visit if you want and can go whenever. They can't do HCG so do scans from 4 weeks to monitor pregnancy. A girl from the due in November thread has a sister that works for one of the scan companies so can pop in whenever she feels like it. I would also love to hire one of those doppler things to check heartbeat, but I guess once they are kicking you don't really need it.

Bosco - hopefully the dizziness is yet another thing you can blame on those pregnancy hormones. Either way hope the rest helps and you feel better soon.

Smoore - yay for half way!

Kitz - huge thankyou . I loved the site and like you say - my levels are tracking really well. Thanks to you I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face.