ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh MrsShe... I can completely relate to how you are feeling honey. I went through the 'convinced something will be wrong' stage too and it's horrible. I think that for a few of us, the second trimester leading up to the morph scan is the hardest... I was a mess before my morph scan, I almost didn't go in because I was so scared of having the baby taken away from me again. It's just not fair honey... I'm sorry that you are feeling like this. But try and do what you can to take your mind off it. i know it seems impossible to not think about it and to not dwell on those 2 weeks, but as everyone seems to say- what will be will be . I think your bub will have nice healthy bones though. It's very cute what your DS is doing, mine is the same and he talks about her all the time. I also know that I couldn't put him through that again..but unfortuntely it's never our decision to make is it honey?

Spludgie- BIG congrats on your BFP honey!! Welcome to the chat, make yourself at home. I hope you get lots of support here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ooh, bambi i forgot to add that we have actually been thinking of Eve for a middle name! I don't think I mentioned it here but I mentioned it in the July thread! How bizaare!!

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks nic - i guess i need to try and distract my thought over the next couple of weeks. I just so hope things will be ok.

Chook - a while ago you said your friend had a brittle bone baby that was stillborn? Did she go on to have a healthy baby after loosing that bub? I cant remember if you said that or not? Just trying to hold onto everything i can at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MrsShe I'm so sorry, I don't think I or most people could ever understand what you have been through and how hard it is for you. I am thinking of you and DH and hope that the next few weeks go as quickly as they can.

Do you think once you have had the 16 week scan you will get total clearance? Or will you need to wait another few weeks for the morph scan before you know for sure if everything is ok?

Sending lots of for you.

Ooh Nic that is funny, well I think Amaya Eve ------- sounds so beautiful!

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bambi - when we spoke to the genetisist last week she said that by 14 weeks the type of brittle bone disease that DD had (type 2) becomes apparent (can be seen by scan) at the 14 week mark, so by having a scan at 16 weeks we should be able to see bowing by that stage if it were to happen again. In saying that, if things will be all clear in 2 weeks i think i will rest easy at about 80% The morph will just confirm that things will be ok and then hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrsshe - I completely understand the "want a scan but don't want a scan" feeling. My NT is tomorrow and I'm dreading it (but also want it behind me). I'm sure that Kathy said that her friend who had the brittle bone baby went on to have a healthy child after.

Bosco - yay!! That's fantastic! congratulations! I'm amazed they could confidently pick a girl at this early stage!

Has anyone heard anything from MMM?

congratulations Spludgie!

Nic - Eve sounds lovely.

AFM, my dreaded scan is tomorrow and I'm terrified that it's going to happen again - some technician scanning me, pausing for a long time and then asking those hedged questions while you know something is wrong. But this time instead of just being confused, I'll be searching the screen desperately for a HB. I just don't think I can go through this again without a healthy bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Feeling a bit out of it, so hope this makes sense - finally got a chance to use the net.

Had another scan yesterday and there was no heartbeat. Had a D&C this morning.

Nic - I love amaya - it is a beautiful name.

MrsShe - thinking of you - struggling with the right words today.

Bosco - congrats on the pink.

Kitz - good luck tomorrow.

Splugie - congrats.

Hello everyone else. I guess that's it for me for a little while - I intend to be back asap, but until then I'll be watching and hoping everything goes well for all of you. Thanks for all your support during these tough times.

Von

Thanks
    Reviews
    MMM I am so sorry, I was really hoping that little Rocky would be ok. I hope there are answers for you this time around. Please stay with us, we all care so much about you and look forward to you having a healthy sticky bub soon. xxxx

MrsShe and Kitz - IKWYM when I went for the 12 week scan, I didn't take my work clothes and didn't take separate cars as I was sure it would be bad news and I would be heading straight home with DH. I think it is the history of losing a bub that makes us all pre-conditioned to think it won't go right. Keep positive, keep occupied and I am sure you girls will get a happy scan. I know...easier said than done but one day at a time. I know how consuming the worry can be.... I was in a bad mood for dads birthday the day before the scan because I was sure that bubs hadn't grown since week 10 and wham....she was measuring bigger and bouncing off my sides.... I haven't felt her at all though so MrsShe don't stress.....lets all have a but I am going to ask the obs on the 8th for another scan..I am an addict. first POAS, now scans

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MMM - So sorry that Rocky didn't make it. I hope you take it easy for a while and you're back in here in the next few months.

kitz - I was dreading my NT scan too but was so happy to see a healthy bub in there. I was nervous for two weeks (Dr heard a heartbeat at 10 weeks but then nothing at 12 weeks when the midwife tried so I was on edge for the week of my scan). I'm sure we'll be seeing some excited news tomorrow after your scan. I hope you sleep okay tonight.

MrsShe - This is such a scary time for you. I hope you make it through without too many breakdowns and see your perfectly healthy bubba in 2 weeks. I haven't been saying much about bub to the boys yet. Just that we're having a baby. I'll get them more involved when I see that bub is doing fine at the morph scan. And if all goes well we can start choosing names. I know my older boy will pick names from the cartoons he watches .

To everyone else big hugs and bright days ahead. I can't wait until our second birth announcement this year!! Followed by the rest of us.
    I'm so drained today I'm going to go to bed early so I can actually get up at 5.30 and get the kids ready without feeling stressed and rushed!
    I'll catch up with you all (hopefully) in the morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Von, I'm so so sorry honey.
    I hate that you have to go through this all again, it's just not fair . Rest up sweetheart, we will be thinking of you and your precious angel Rocky.
    If I can do anything to help, or even just chat PM me..but also understand that you probably want some time out.