Closed Thread
Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there

I've had all the testing done for recurrent miscarriage - or at least had a session where 14 vials were filled with blood and bills of $500+, so hopefully that covered everything. My second miscarriage ended with a D&C and that showed a triploid. She wanted me to have an HSG last year to see if fibroids or anything in the uterus was inhibiting growth, but you have to time it in your cycle and then the sonographer was sick so it was cancelled. I'm hoping that could be looked at at the same time as my D&C. I'm not as sure of my dates as IVF, but had a positive OPK, was temping and also know when we BD'ed, so know that the dates they have given me can't be correct. Obviously I'm just guessing my next steps, but on Thursday I really was ready to give up altogether. I thought that PGD would at least avoid this if my main problem was chromosomal. Even with IVF, I'd take a BFN over this any day. Of course this miscarriage could also be due to the malaria - in which case I guess it is just a matter of trying yet again. I do know I went into this pregnancy really healthy - ideal weight, had been eating a perfect diet, had been away to a full on health retreat to detox, had been having acupuncture and taking herbs, exercising regularly but not too intensely, and DH was in similar health. So if it is chromosomal I just have to accept it is an age thing - I'm 35.

Enough of my rambling. I'll be sticking it out here until I get my news on Thursday. You all give me hope that my turn will come.

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MMM - honey truley im so so sorry this is happening again to you, as the others have said im so glad your DH will be with you, when is he arriving in aust? Im still praying that your bubba is ok, sending you my love and lots of and

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moo - I don't know what to say - I hope I didn't offend you with my post Sounds like you had the same tests as me - I hope you get answers the week - a healthy bub is my top wish for you - but either way - an answer might give you the solution you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have another stress-head question. This afternoon I feel so energetic - well I little tired but nowhere near as much as usual - and I DONT feel sick at all! I'm 10 weeks - is this normal?? Everything I read says a loss of symptoms is not good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone back from my whirwind trip. I am totally exhausted and heading for a v-e-r-y- early night before going back to work tomorrow. I have missed you all!

MMM I have read back through the posts I missed and just wanted to send you lots of and to say like all the other girls I am praying for a miracle for you and your bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    JessLee - no you didn't offend me at all - the more info I get helps me make the right decision on our next steps. With DS I was sickest from eight to ten weeks and then my symptoms declined dramatically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmoosmum. I'm really hoping for you that it will be OK. You really deserve some good luck. Have all your m/cs been around the same time? If this doesn't work out for you, it might be an idea to ask to be tested for NK cells (similar to Jess) - it's a very new area and most Drs don't test for it as part of the normal panel. There are only a few places/Drs in Australia that do. They have to do a blood test and an endometrial biopsy to do it properly.

Are you on pessaries too?

Jess - you sound like me. Everytime my ms fades I panic. Apparently, a lot of women start to get relief after 10 weeks so I'm sure you're doing fine. Mine pretty much went for 1-2 days the week before last but came back again (I think if I have a heavy evening meal, it's a lot worse the next morning). Today it's lessened again (and like you, worry passes through my mind).

Tas was nice. Just went to Hobart to see family. We haven't told anyone yet as I don't want to let myself get excited. I was getting up several times during the night to pee and now my Dad thinks I have a bladder problem! I just hope it goes well and we can explain so that he doesn't unnecessarily worry.

to everyone else. Boscosmum - I can't believe that you're almost at 12 weeks!! Woo hoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh - and LBP: that HB sounds great. it will all be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MMM- How are you feeling honey? Are you still having the spotting? It sucks that it cost you so much to have all those tests done last time, they should be free in these situations. We had chromosome tests etc done after we lost Ethan (and that was only 1 loss) through the hospital and they didn't charge us a cent. I wouldn't think fibroids would be an issue til the bub was quite a bit bigger (depending on where it implanted of course)? And I don't think its an age thing either- 35 is not too old at all! You did everything right going into this pregnancy, it's just not fair.
    I still hold out hope for you till Thursday though.

How is everyone else? I agree with MMM jess, the nausea will come and go and everyone is different so don't stress!

Bambi- hope you had a nice trip...where did you go again? I'm a little vacant these days and I forgot.

Mrsshe- What day is your NT scan?
    I could probably find the answers to these questions if I read back a page or two but I'm too tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would I have a NK cell issue if I've already made DS? I had all my testing done in July 08 by Clare Boothroyd who is Brisbane based but is part of Monash IVF. Does anyone know who would do the testing in Brissie? I definitely didn't have an endometrial biopsy but surely they could include that with the D&C.

Nic - I think fibriods are unlikely too but FS wanted to do an HSG to rule them out. There has been no evidence on the US.

Having a down day today. DH is really annoying me. He sent me an article from the local paper which talked about my chances in the Port Moresby triathlon - I was training for it before this pregnancy and did a tri before I knew I was pregnant. There is no way I can get into any sort of form with 2 weeks training and I know everyone will be asking me why I'm not doing it. He just doesn't understand being supportive - at least I'm lucky to have all of you. Plus I am truly blessed to have DS - he brings me tissues when I'm crying and pretends to blow his nose too.

Hope everyone is having a great day and those little babies keep getting bigger and stronger.