Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RaryGirl is offline Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default The fears and different emotions when pregnant after a M/C - Come chat with me #4

Ladies ... a new chat thread for you all ...

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ooh, a nice fresh thread

I saw my ob this afternoon and feel much better about things, although I'm not sure why... it just all feels more official I guess

I had blood taken and will have more on Monday, then every Monday for a few weeks... I also get a 7 week ultrasound in about 3 weeks to make sure bub is in the right spot, so if I can hold on that long all will be revealed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evening all

Thanks for all your feedback on heartbeats. I'll see how long I can hold out for next week to get a scan done - i'll be mid 6 weeks somewhere. Don't see a GP until Monday to get the referral so have to hold out at least that long. Not sure if I love or loath all this monitoring - great if the results are good but I know I'll be a nervous wreck waiting for my BT results tomorrow. MIL will come into her own tomorrow - she is looking after DS and I'm going shopping and to a movie - we don't have movie theatres in PNG so it is a huge treat for me.

Kitz - I have everything crossed for you (including legs now that I'm UTD). I had days with DS where I suddenly felt fabulous and full of energy with no nausea and I'd panic. My ms peaked at about 8 weeks and then faded away with just the occasional nauseated feeling maybe once a week or 10 days.

Hello to everyone else.

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladies...

Well its friday today, and guess what that means...another damn viability scan. Its friday the 13th today too, plus its raining here - trying hard to stay positive, at least i think im a lil better than i was but cant help but think of stupid superstitions....the last 2 times i got bad news when preg with the girls it was raining - so, knowing me, and as its raining today along with fri the 13th, ive gotten myself all in a tangle....ohhhh i cant wait till september

will keep you all posted.

MMM - enjoy the movies today and IKWYM about regular testing, but after i think about it i think that i prefer it this way as i think id be in a much worse state if i didnt kwim?

lamjam - great that you saw your ob and feel alot better. Getting the regular bllods will be a great help to ease your mind too.

to everyone else...

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsShe - good luck today - I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck MrsShe personally 13 is my lucky number and I'm sure it will bring you more good news today

Enjoy the movies MMM, have you decided what to see? We bought a whole stack of dodgy DVDs when we were in Bali and are watching all the current movies at home right now - it is just not the same!

Lambjam I'm glad you are feeling a lil better

I'm going to be offline for a week or so we are heading down to the hunter valley for a wedding and to visit family. I can't wait to see my parents (it's been over 6 months) and to do some serious shopping!

I hope you all keep safe and well and can't wait to read all about your weeks when I get back

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitz!!! Can't wait to hear details and maybe see a pic!

nic - I rememeber those Vee-jay pains. I am not looking forward to it. YAY for bub turning around. Hopefully she'll stay there, or at least be that way on the way out.
    only 15 or so weeks for you left! Time has moved so fast since august. I can't believe it's almost been a year since I fell pregnant last time. I'm just so glad that this time our bubs seem to be doing well.

Bambi - I sometimes feel like there's arms and legs flying everywhere. I've had three really good boots today but they're so soft I almost missed them (I say boot because I actually feel them).

I did not treat bub well yesterday and didn't eat enough, which I was punished for in the evening when I picked the kids up. Grabbed some red Rooster, almost didn't make it home I was so light headed. Served the kids as quickly as I could and then breathed down my plate of chicken, peas, potato and pumpkin which made me bloat to the size of 6 months at least.

This is going to be totally non-pregnancy related:
    My 6 year old told me that the girls (the carers) at the daycare centre they go to after school swear. I asked what kind of words do they use and he said the 'eff' and 'sh' words - and not the sh word he used the other night (his words verbatim, he told my 5 year old to shut up the other night). So now I have to call the centre and tell them to stop it. Would you just pull your kids out if you found that out? I really am not impressed with this daycare centre at all. They are not fully qualified and cannot take children under 15 months. I saw the director the other day in the supermarket yelling at her own kids and telling one of them he was brainless for not picking the milk that she usually got. That is less than impressive to me.
    So what should I do? Talk to them about the girls language or just pull the kids altogether?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Gals,

So great to hear everyone is going so well!

Nic - OMG 24 weeks! That is so great - I can't imagine getting that far - I haven't thought past my NT scan tomorrow! And great bubs may of turned - just getting comfortable for the next 15-16 weeks!

Kitz - so happy that it all went well - can't wait to hear the details

Bambi - kick bub kick! How awesome!

Hello to Smoore77, Boscosmum, Chook, LBP and anyone else I have missed - sorry!

MK - I work in daycare and swearing is so not ok! I would write a letter of complaint BUT beware - if you don't think they are very professional then they might not honour confidentiality - if we get a letter of complaint our Director does not tell us who wrote it - it is policy and confidentiality. It makes me wonder if they are swearing and if the Director talks to her own children like that what they are saying to the children in their care? On the other hand - she can talk to her children anyway she likes and it doesn't mean she is like that at work. And she may be very professional and appreciate being informed of what your child mentioned.

If you are not comfortable with the staff - leave. I am a big believer in feeling safe about where your kids are - knowing they are cared for, respected, held in high esteem as well as having quality learning experiences as so important for them and you.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

to us all

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies...

Kitz - cant wait to hear your great news!!

Nic - i cant believe that your nearly 25 weeks!! wont be long til everyone has their bubba in their arms. I was apparently doing nearly 20k's over the speed limit i couldnt believe it when he told me, really i do feel terrible about it. Obviously i am not yet used to the excelerator - we got a commodore.

Mama - oh thats shocking language to use in a childcare centre. I cant stand swearing to be honest and i absolutely hate hearing the "F" word around me let alone my kids. To be honest my initial thought when reading your post was to talk to them asap about it, but as you then said that they are not fully qualified and your not all that happy with them anyway, i would probably just leave. Is there another centre close by that have vacancies? Id definately give it a shot.

Jess - Good luck with your NT scan tomorrow, will be thinking of you

Yuk day here today. Raining and heaps of wind. I went to a tupperware party last night and bought some lil containers for bub, to keep snacks in or to make up dinners for freezer etc. I also got some new container that you can take from your freezer to the microwave. I would have bought alot more but its all just so expensive - at least they last forever and can be replaced if they crack.
    Anyway, enough of me have a nice day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning girls

MrsShe you can't be held accountable for the awesome power of your throbadore! That is actually quite funny (except for the $200 fine) I hope DH saw the funny side.

Nic for 24 weeks. How exciting and relieving for you and DH. I saw your recent fb photos and you have a beautiful baby bump!

Jess good luck for tomorrow can't wait to hear how you go.

Mama is there other childcare options readily available? If i were you i'd prob have a look into and see if there was a better option out there, if that fails then I would approach the director. How frustrating for you

Boscos mum you are right, it was Elle. Actually I have been feeling these crab scratchings for a few weeks now but dismissed them as movements because I was waiting for the lovely soft butterflys or bubbles when I read how she had described them it just clicked.

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow!!! Only 5 sleeps til my morph scan....

Hello to Smoore, LBP, Kitz, Grace, Chook & everyone I've missed