Closed Thread
Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default The fears and different emotions when pregnant after a M/C - Come chat with me #4

Ladies ... a new chat thread for you all ...

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ooh, a nice fresh thread

I saw my ob this afternoon and feel much better about things, although I'm not sure why... it just all feels more official I guess

I had blood taken and will have more on Monday, then every Monday for a few weeks... I also get a 7 week ultrasound in about 3 weeks to make sure bub is in the right spot, so if I can hold on that long all will be revealed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evening all

Thanks for all your feedback on heartbeats. I'll see how long I can hold out for next week to get a scan done - i'll be mid 6 weeks somewhere. Don't see a GP until Monday to get the referral so have to hold out at least that long. Not sure if I love or loath all this monitoring - great if the results are good but I know I'll be a nervous wreck waiting for my BT results tomorrow. MIL will come into her own tomorrow - she is looking after DS and I'm going shopping and to a movie - we don't have movie theatres in PNG so it is a huge treat for me.

Kitz - I have everything crossed for you (including legs now that I'm UTD). I had days with DS where I suddenly felt fabulous and full of energy with no nausea and I'd panic. My ms peaked at about 8 weeks and then faded away with just the occasional nauseated feeling maybe once a week or 10 days.

Hello to everyone else.

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladies...

Well its friday today, and guess what that means...another damn viability scan. Its friday the 13th today too, plus its raining here - trying hard to stay positive, at least i think im a lil better than i was but cant help but think of stupid superstitions....the last 2 times i got bad news when preg with the girls it was raining - so, knowing me, and as its raining today along with fri the 13th, ive gotten myself all in a tangle....ohhhh i cant wait till september

will keep you all posted.

MMM - enjoy the movies today and IKWYM about regular testing, but after i think about it i think that i prefer it this way as i think id be in a much worse state if i didnt kwim?

lamjam - great that you saw your ob and feel alot better. Getting the regular bllods will be a great help to ease your mind too.

to everyone else...

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsShe - good luck today - I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck MrsShe personally 13 is my lucky number and I'm sure it will bring you more good news today

Enjoy the movies MMM, have you decided what to see? We bought a whole stack of dodgy DVDs when we were in Bali and are watching all the current movies at home right now - it is just not the same!

Lambjam I'm glad you are feeling a lil better

I'm going to be offline for a week or so we are heading down to the hunter valley for a wedding and to visit family. I can't wait to see my parents (it's been over 6 months) and to do some serious shopping!

I hope you all keep safe and well and can't wait to read all about your weeks when I get back

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks girls for your support. I feel a bit better today (or rather, feel a bit ill), so a bit more relaxed. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and wait until Tuesday. Nothing that can be done anyway.

Bambi - enjoy your trip! We're going to the Hunter with UK family in a few weeks - it's so nice up there.

Mrsshe - good luck! I can't believe you're almost at 12 weeks!

mrsmoos - IKWYM about the monitoring. It's half the reason why I opted for fortnightly rather than weekly scans as I just get myself worked up so much. But, it does make you feel better. I would have had another this week (as it's around the time we lost the last bub) but DH is so busy at work he wouldn't have been able to come this week and next week, so we chose Tuesday as "in between" (doesn't feel too "in between" to me now though!)

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls...

Had my scan this morning and bubba is going ok - even managed to give me a lil wave

Spoke to my ob about the possiblity of brittle bone and she said that it could be a possibility that it may happen again.
    There just isnt any test available so we wont find out again until half way at 20 weeks. She did say that there is a 5% recurrance risk and that 95% is good to have a healthy baby but i am terrified of going through all that again. I just so much want a healthy baby. Just wish there was someway of knowing
    They did say that they think it may have been a new mutation but we dont even know that as yet til we see if this bub is ok or not - if it turns out that this one is the same, it means that we have the defective gene in either my ovary or DH sperm
    I know i just have to stay positive but i cant help but live in fear that it will happen again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrsshe. I know it's hard to focus on the 95% rather than the 5%. Surely, it's less likely to be a general mutation as you have had a healthy child? I'm glad the scan went well though - if s/he's moving around happily that would be a good sign?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsshe, glad the scan went well. I understand how hard it must be for you. I have a close friend that has been thru the same. She has gone on to have another beautiful healthy boy after multiple losses and a loss from brittle bone. Keep faith in the 95% healthy chance.

Kitz, glad you're feeling better/ill today. Offers reassurance. Tuesday will come around quickly with the weekend.

mrmoosmum, hope you're enjoying your day relaxing.

AFM, I just got my HCG results and am pleased.

2/3 4wks exactly HCG 119
    11/3 5wks 2dys HCG 6820

So they are more than doubling every 48hrs for now. I have an u/s 26/3 so will have to wait and see how things progress. I'm finding it really hard to get enthusiastic about being pg this time. I've told people we're pg and told the parents last weekend but even putting things in here is difficult. I feel so much better with this pg than last time but I think I'm just trying to protect myself.

My appologies for not posting regularly but I do follow everyones progress daily.