+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane private schools near uni...any recs?

Hi, I'm a single mum who has been struggling to find affordable accommodation. However my daughters granddad has offered to buy some land and build us a unit which I am stoked about.

I need to get back to him about what areas I am ineterested in. It will be for her in the future so would ideally be close to private schools and a uni.

I have no idea about private schools. I know there is Springfield. I was also thinking around St Lucia but am not sure what private schools are around there.

Any recommendations? Keen to find out about anyone experiences with certain schools and areas in Brisbane. Thank you in advance, really really appreciate everyone's help as I am lost and have no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kelvin Grove is another area, as there is Brisbane Girls Grammar, plus QUT nearby. Lots of units already exist here but they may be expensive.

Ipswich (which is not in Brisbane, but out west), there is UQ campus, plus Ispwich Girls Grammar School.

South Brisbane - Somerville House - private school. Near Griffith Uni, Qld College of Art (& short walk to QUT gardens point) - lots of units already exist in this area so you can buy and not build, although being close to the city it will be expensive.

Sorry not really sure about private schools around the St Lucia area - I do know of Brigidine College in Indooroopilly (girls school) and St Peters Lutheran college (co-ed).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This site may help you find school near universities. Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Zenifa, very helpful! I will have a look at the ones you suggested. I've been looking through the threads on here and I can't believe I'm looking into this already. Will take a lot of thought deciding and finding out what is most suitable for us. I'm not familiar with private schools but am looking at mid-range not elite private schools.

Thank you also MumofthreeQLD, great website!