ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh good luck to you too @Amy and Stacey!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hey almai!

How exciting, good luck to DP!

My dp is pregnant, 6 weeks tomorrow! We did an IUI (meant to be ivf but had dramas along the way).

Super lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Good luck Almai/A&S!! Congratulations RR!

DP and I are prepping for IVF (egg sharing hopefully) towards the middle/end of the year. We don't expect to actually kick off with EPU or transfers until a bit later in the year which is okay because I want to lose more weight and we are still building up our nest egg 😄

Super excited though!! The countdown is on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!! How many IUI attempts did it take for BFP? We are thinking we will try 2 and then move straight to IVF. I think ideally we would have gone straight to IVF to improve our success but I have no fertility issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Rainbow Road!!! How many IUI attempts did it take for BFP? We are thinking we will try 2 and then move straight to IVF. I think ideally we would have gone straight to IVF to improve our success but I have no fertility issues.[/QUOTE]

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That is so exciting @rainbowroad ! Congratulations!! And awesome that she fell 1st try

Dp is responding quickly to her meds so has an ultrasound today CD11 and hopefully get an idea of when insem will be.

I fell on my 1st IUI cycle but it was a Chen pregnancy (so lost it early on) then I had a 1 month break and fell the month after with my son

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's fantastic. 2nd go is great! We had our last counselling session yesterday, she told me not to get my hopes up too much. But I can't help it. I don't think it would be as bad if it wasn't thousands of dollars every failed cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by almai View Post
    That is so exciting @rainbowroad ! Congratulations!! And awesome that she fell 1st try

Dp is responding quickly to her meds so has an ultrasound today CD11 and hopefully get an idea of when insem will be.

I fell on my 1st IUI cycle but it was a Chen pregnancy (so lost it early on) then I had a 1 month break and fell the month after with my son

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Amy and stacey, for dp it was one attempt. We were doing ivf but dp just couldn't produce enough follicles to make it worthwhile! Only takes one though

I did 3 IUIs and I had 2 negatives and one chemical pregnancy. Then I fell with our son on my first ivf cycle and now have 4 little frozen siblings for him any any others!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes see that's what I love about the IVF Idea. You can freeze some for later and not have to keep buying more sperm. I wish we could just skip straight to IVF! Stupid Medicare not covering the 'socially infertile'.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Amy and stacey, for dp it was one attempt. We were doing ivf but dp just couldn't produce enough follicles to make it worthwhile! Only takes one though

I did 3 IUIs and I had 2 negatives and one chemical pregnancy. Then I fell with our son on my first ivf cycle and now have 4 little frozen siblings for him any any others!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amy & Stacey

We figured IVF for the same reason and also to use each other's eggs. You might be alright with IUI and save a lot of money too which is always handy!