Closed Thread
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    rainbow, you sound like a very level headed person. I have no doubt you and your DF will breeze through this process xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks CandE whilst we would love for it to work first go we will have to wait and see. We know that we have to be realistic so let's hope we can stay level headed once are further into our journey or if our emotions get the best of us!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed. It's so hard to not let your emotions run away on you. That said. You have given yourselves the highest chance to be successful.

i was naive with iui and had the mindset of why wouldn't it work! And it was a huge fall back down to reality. I try to stay optimistic, without getting too excited till we here the elusive, positive result.

so great to knows other couple going through it at the same time.
    Last edited by CandE; 06-10-2013 at 08:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CandE - thank you so much for all that information! I really appreciate it.
    Clomid is a tablet given to women to stimulate follicle growth. So I take that for days 3-7 and then have scans day 10-12 to see how the little follies are growing. If they hit around 20mm, I do the FSH trigger and 2 days later the IUI. so as soon as AF arrived :-( I called the clinic and they told me just to start all over again.
    Its day 5 today. So 3 days of clomid. It makes me very teary but this time I'm just letting them flow and breathing and telling myself it's all part of the process instead of freaking out and wondering why I felt so sad as I did last time...it meant that last night I was driving with tears ********* down my face but a huge smile! Bit freaky but it means the emotions don't lead to anxiety like last time.
    Our dr has said that she will try 3 IUIs before turning to IVF mostly because she wants us to qualify for Medicare rebates, but also because obviously if there's a chance that the less invasive IUI can work then we have to take it... I think they all vary on how many they'll put you through before suggesting IVF.
    It does feel a bit like we have to jump through these hoops to get to IVF so it might work but I guess we have to remember that IUI does work SOMETIMES. A friend of mine had her gorgeous little boy through CFC in Brisbane using an American donor and it worked first go! Lucky lady!
    Good luck to you all staring IVF it does sound a whole lot more srressful.... Thinking of you all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, a week after being told our donor can no longer help us I am starting to feel a little upset. For the first couple of days I did my best to stay positive and had the thinking 'He was not the right donor for us, and we were not the right recipients for him'. We got straight back into the hunt for a new donor and now I am realising it is a pretty up hill battle.

I dont want to be bitter about it as quite frankly it is any donor's decision to carry on with donating or drop out if that's what they want. I just wish he would have communicated with us early about it, rather than waiting until 3weeks before our intended first round of insemination. He promised he would never drop out and would be in this until i received my first BFP. Now i see him logging into all his donor websites and looking for a new couple to donate too.

We never had this issue with the donor for our 2year old son. I am so sad.

Sorry for my rant. My partner is fairly ****ed off about it and is now taking a back seat to it all. She doesn't want to feel let down again, which i totally understand, but I feel its really important to find a new donor. I cant give up on this dream of making us a family of four. We have worked all year long to get to this point and now we are back at square one. It is so disheartening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kkmollie - I'm sorry to hear about your experience with that donor. Have you considered doing insem at a clinic so that you could order sperm from an anonymous donor? We are doing IVF and have ordered sperm from Xytex (American company). That might not be something you want to do but it's another option I guess.

I hope the journey gets easier and that your DP feels better about it soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear kkmollie. That was my fear with my donor but luckily it worked out well.

I hope that you find the right donor for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much for the support. I really do appreciate it. I tend to lurk around these pages and I enjoy reading what everyone else has to say. I figure I dont post much as I really dont have anything important to say. my emotions must have got the better of me and i just felt the need to whinge, apologies!

rainbowbabe- it is a very valid point you brought up in regards to clinical insem with ordered sperm. at the moment it just really isn't financially viable for us. plus we really enjoyed the process of home AI last time, we wanted to try that route again. we conceived first time with our son. im sure if we dont get a BFP after six months of home insem we will definitely look into IUI. fingers crossed home AI works for us again.

Sartan- thanks so much for your well wishes!!

well, what a difference a day makes. a really nice donor messaged us on prideangel yesterday as he liked our profile. after a fair few messages and emails back and forth, it seems he will be able to help us. in two weeks. so perhaps my end of oct insem is back on track! he has completed all his necessary tests and is more than willing to sign a donor agreement with us. of course i am cautiously optimistic and taking each day as it comes. however this turn of events has re-instated my faith in donors.

i am keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

good luck to everyone else on their baby making journeys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's great news. Fingers crossed it all works out for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    kkmollie - that's fantastic!!! So pleased to hear that you have found a new donor fingers crossed with this one!