+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Nearly 1 month since the start...

Just thought I'd pop in for another update about the nights. DS has been COMPLETELY dry for the last 3 nights in a row! And two nights ago he got up once to use the potty. I'm still not game enough to stop using the pull ups, but I just reuse the same one over and over because there's nothing wrong with it and will keep putting it on as a back up for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So happy to hear it's all working for you! Another 3 day TT success story!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Have been thinking of getting this book 2.
    Not sure yet??
    Ds has gone 2.5 and he will hide if he want to go to the toilet.
    Lately I have been telling him to tell me and sometimes he will say poos poos and then say no all gone.
    He has done poo on the toilet a few time but not wee.
    He wears training cloth pants but only sometimes tells me they are wet.
    Should I really buy the book?
    How much is it?
    What kind of things does it tell you?
    Being a bit short on the $$ I don't really want to waste $ I haven't really got unless its really worth it.

Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The ebook is US$24 which was AU$39 when I bought it, about the same cost as 2 packets of Aldi nappies. So the ebook has paid itself off a couple of times now because without it I'm 100% certain we would still be buying nappies.

DS hasn't used any nappies at all since we started, he just wears jocks all day (even on long car trips and for day naps too) and he wears pull ups at night. But out of the last 10 nights he has been 100% dry for 7 of those, and when he does wee in them it's only a small amount, plus most nights he gets up all by himself to use the potty (he treats pull ups like undies when he's awake).

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is great! I have the e-book and i am going to start on monday. DS1 is 29 months so i better get a wriggle on! Off now to buy LOTS of jocks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm seriously considering this method also -- my DS is almost 3 and a half and no other methods have worked. He has Autism so it's that little more difficult to get him to understand the concept I think but I read on the website that there's information to help 3-day TT an ASD child too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just tried this method over the weekend and had great success with the wee aspect! Been dry for three out of four nights (we use 'big boy night time 'pull up' undies) and for day sleeps. He happily tells me now when he needs to go but the whole poo issue is a bit different. during the three days he only pooped twice so it was a bit difficult to get him to realise the signs.
    Since then he's been at his grandparents house with other kids so its really hard to catch him doing it.
    any suggestions? I'm at home iwth him now for the rest of the week but can't really afford to stay home all the time. swimming lesson, gricery shopping to do etc. Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I was pretty lucky with DS, but he did take a week or so to fully get it with poos, it certainly wasn't as straight forward as wees.

On day 1 and 2 he held in his poo all day, and it wasn't until he was in the shower that he 'let go'. On day 3 he made a lot of trips to the potty in the afternoon, but wouldn't sit there long enough to do a poo (but he obviously knew something was there, hence the frequent 'dry runs'). Finally after a while he couldn't hold it in and he pooed on the potty (and I of course gave him a flood of praise ). From then on he was great with poo at home, and he never had a poo accident again (oh, except once recently when he had a touch of diarreah and it caught him by surprise when he was naked after his shower, but otherwise he's great).

Going out was a bit different, he did poo his pants twice - once at the library and once at mothers group (different days). After those two times I learnt that I had to just watch him like a hawk when we went out, and I learnt the signs that he was about to poo (he leaned forwards and looked down usually). If I saw him doing that, I said "Quick, you need the toilet!" and scooped him up and took him to the nearest toilet. Doing that helped him to recognise the sign himself, and after he pooed his pants at mothers group he never did again and hasn't had any accidents since.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 months on - update

Just a quick update. DS has figured out that pull ups are absorbant and save him from running to the toilet after his evening shower. Damn!

I was previously putting the pull up on him after his shower, but seeing as a couple of days ago he sussed the whole thing out I've had to just wait until right before bed to put it on.

The other day he went to the toilet before bed and I noticed that he had done a wee in the pull up . I asked him about it and he just sheepishly looked back at me and said "No wee wee in undies ". Poos he still does on the toilet regardless, but he has taken the lazy way out with wee so I've had to put a stop to that, and he's fine and gets it that he must not wee in undies.

If he was in his own bed I would put him in undies overnight, but he doesn't always wake up dry and we cosleep, so it is kind of a big deal to change our sheets in the night (and a waste of water to wash queen size sheets several times a week).

Anyway, apart from that he's doing great, I couldn't be happier and we've saved so much money by not buying nappies and life is cleaner and easier now that nappies are gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wondering if anyone that wants to purchase the Ebook, I have a code so its cheaper, if anyone is interested in it just PM me.