+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We put DS in pull ups overnight because he is still breastfed overnight (refer to earlier in thread) and therefore sill wets himself during the night. But we did 'throw away' the nappies (actually I retrieved the packet and gave it to a friend). We told him that pulls ups are 'special night undies' and he still uses the potty just before bed with them on (he doesn't realise they're absorbent ).

We still follow the night time routine (no drinks 2-3 hrs before bed, take him to toilet 2 times before last feed to sleep). What we have noticed is that since he has been day TT, he doesn't pee as much during the night. And yet right up until the day we started this TT he had FULL nappies each morning.

Things really do change once they're day TT, so just because your DS needs changing overnight doesn't mean he's not ready. He's 30 months, he's MORE than ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ok, well I wasn't going to come back, thinking there was nothing else to report, but it turns out there is.

The last couple of nights DS has been waking up and climbing over me to get to our ensuite toilet/potty! Last night he did it twice, and the first time at about 1am he got back into bed when I put the Pull Up on, but grizzled and tugged at the pull up saying "Off!" so I took it off and he just had a t-shirt on. I was nervous, but thought "oh well" and we both went back to sleep.

Then he woke again at 4:30, took himself to the potty and I took that chance to put the pull up back on. Thankfully he went straight back to sleep. When he woke up at 8:45am for the day he went to the potty and the pull up was dry so I'll use it again tonight

He did the same thing 2 nights ago, so things are looking good for night times too, it's amazing that he's so young and already able to recognise hat he needs to pee during the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been reading along this thread and just wanted to ask you a few questions, I have looked at the 3 day TT website but of course you dont get alot of information with out paying, and I'm happy with that... But still have questions.

My son Spencer is 20 months old and the only sort of training we have done with him is letting him follow us to the toilet and we make the sound weeeeeessss for wee and plop plop plop for poo. So when ever he takes interest in the toliet or he looks like he is lost we ask if he need to wee or poo when he is on the toilet we make the sounds and he has gone twice.
    I just dont know how to take it further, will this be the right program for us?

In one of the emails the lady from TT in 3 days said that we should say that a pooey nappy was yucky, this is not something that as a parent I feel comfortble doing... When changing a poo nappy we just clean it up and let him see us flush the poo in the toilet... and say the poo goes in the toilet.

what do you think

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it might be better to wait until your LO is 22 months, as that is when the woman who devised the system recommends to start. She TT'd her own 5 children and still waited until each of them was 22 months, as that is when it works best. You can start them earlier, but it may take longer than 3 days.

As for the 'yuck' thing when they do a pooey nappy, you are only supposed to do that for the 2 weeks leading up to starting the program. I did it with DS, and it was just to help them make the association that pooping in their nappies is gross (well, it is!). I don't believe it did any harm, in fact I think it helped DS realise that it is gross to do poo in his undies, and the two times he did it (once at library and once at mothers group), he said "Yuck. Poos for potty, not for undies"

DS has absolutely no hang ups about doing poos now, he doesn't hold onto them and very proudly claps and says "I do poos on big boy toilet" when he does it.

I think that if only used in the 2 weeks leading up to starting TT, it can be very effective and doesn't damage their self esteem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds great you should get a commssion from her for all the people that I'm sure have bought the product since your thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol, yeah I know what you mean! But I'm so happy with the result, I am glad I paid for the eBook and am more than happy to refer everyone to it without getting anything in return

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 Weeks Today!

Just thought I'd pop in for a quick update. DS is going brilliant during the day, not a single accident since....well I can't remember the last one actually, that's how good he is.

We're staying at my mum's at the moment (just last night and tonight, back home tomorrow). She lives 65km away in the country and we went and visited my Nana today (DS's great grandma) and she was so impressed that DS just stood up at one point and said "Toilet!" and sat on her toilet and did a poo. He's been great on car trips, and naps, and he just holds on if he needs to go and doesn't wet his pants (like if we're at a shopping centre).

Here at mum's there's lots of lawn, so I'm starting to introduce him to weeing standing up (lucky boys/men, just whip it out and go anywhere ).

He's having more and more dry nights (like last night he was completely dry again so I will re-use the pull up). And most nights now if he needs to go he wakes up and goes to the potty and goes straight back to sleep.

So, all good here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is so great to read LG. Its so amazing how quick they pick up on these things, hey.
    I haven't been putting a nappy on DS2 anymore, he did have an accident the first night but that was also inbetween having 2 cups of milk during the night. So, last night he didn't get any milk, but he did wake to go to the toilet but then he wanted his milk but no hes not going to be getting any during the night anymore.

WELL DONE TO OUR 2YR OLDS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds really good! My daughter will hold wees in for a couple of hours but usually ends up going on the floor because she hasn't worked out the I need to pee bit yet! it's a bit hit and miss at this point. I'm not working anymore, nappies are sending me broke, I'd love to get the ebook but because the nappies are sending me broke I can't get it! So will see how we're going after tax time and maybe get it then if we're still going no where!

Well done though

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I have been reading your story with interest. I have to admit I have always been one to believe that children will TT when they are ready - and that my DD has not been ready before.

But

I think she is ready now .... I just need to get a handle on how to go about it. She is nearly 3, and its well and truly time .

I think over Easter is going to be the time for us.

( you can probably feel the trembling )