+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    One Week Has Passed!!

Wow, can't believe it's exactly a week since we started!!!! Ok, well as you can see there are still the occasional slip-ups when out at parks, but at home he hasn't had an accident in AGES and not once since I started a week ago has he had a poo accident.

Today he's doing great, goes to the bathroom without saying a word (though if I'm not following him to help with his pants he comes back and says "Toilet"). I have to keep watching for when he runs to the bathroom because he just dashed in there so quietly.

He was hopping on and off again a few times during the morning with nothing coming out, so I knew that he was sensing the need to do a poo, and finally he did it on the potty on about the fifth trip . He turned around, looked at it and said "It's a big. Like snake" lol, funny kid.

Now he's having a nap (in jocks of course) and I'll be taking him for another walk via the park this arvo (and will put him on a toilet half way today!!)

Oh, nearly forgot...two nights ago we made the mistake of giving him a big drink right before bed (DH's idea ). I now know that Pull Ups do NOT absorb as much as a nappy and it leaked in the morning because he had peed all night, luckily we still have plastic under the sheet.

I told DH we now have a rule, no drinks apart from breastfeeds within 2 - 3 hours of his bedtime. Last night we stuck to that and this morning his Pull Up was completely dry (I even sniffed it to be sure, and it was totally dry and smell-free). I'll re-use ones that stay dry to save money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fantastic LG......thanks for sharing. I was actually thinking about you the other day and wondering if you had tried the 3 day program because it was quite a while ago that I sent you a pm about it.

I have planned three days at the start of the school holidays....You have inspired me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Good luck with your LO cja!

We're still going really well here. The only time he wet his pants in the last week was today when I was too slow taking his jocks off to put him on the potty. He has done poos on the potty several times too, no accidents at home.

There have been 2 poo accidents whilst out, but I do believe we are making progress nonetheless. The first time was at the library, he was so engrossed in playing with the toys in the kiddy area that it obviously caught him by surprise. So I took him to the toilet to clean him up and put clean jocks on and we went home (again, reinforcing the idea that if he poops his pants, no more playing - we go home).

The next time was yesterday at mothers group. He did it not long after getting to the host mum's house, so I put clean jocks on him and he kept playing (made an exception to the 'go home' rule, seeing as it was mothers group).

I was pleased with how he went the rest of mothers group, he ran to their bathroom each time he needed to go, and even pooped on their toilet rather than his pants so I was very happy with him for doing that (so was DS, he kept mentioning it for hours ).

Apart from that, he's doing great, always runs to the bathroom and is getting more patient when he needs to poop too. He used to jump off the potty again if nothing came out immediately, but he's starting to learn that poos might take a tad longer so he is starting to sit there longer when he feels a poo coming on.

Oh, and also he is starting go get the difference between a fart and the need to poo. At first he ran to the bathroom each time he farted , but he's relaxed a bit there and seems to be able to tell the difference between a fart and a poo on it's way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 10 - Friday catch up with my sister

Went for a long walk to check the PO box, then on to meet my sister and the 2.5 year old girl she nannys on Fridays. DS stayed dry the whole time, and whilst we hung out in the kids section of Borders DS just said "Toilet" each time he needed to go. And I'm delighted to say that on one of those trips he did a poo! I think he's getting it with pooping finally!

I've learnt that when we go out, it's important that the first thing I do is show DS the "Big Boy Toilet" so that he knows to tell me when he needs to go. Once I do that I can relax as I know he'll tell me when he needs to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 13

Yesterday was day 13 and I think DS has finally got it with poos!!

He hasn't pooped his pants since that time at mothers group last Thursday! We were shopping at a mall yesterday and he was playing on the play equipment there, when he came to us and said "Need toilet", so we took him there and he did a poo!! Very proud.

He also slept for 1.5 hours in his pram at the mall whilst I browsed around, (after having a big drink of diluted organic grape juice), and he stayed dry and did a big pee when he woke up (luckily at the time I was reading books in Borders right near the toilets).

Last night was a good night, he went to sleep just after 9pm, then he woke up at 4:30am and said "Potty" (remember, we cosleep, so he was right there) so I sat him on our ensuite toilet and then around a half hour later he was back to sleep (after a bit of 'chatting' ). Oh, and his pull up was totally dry when he woke at 4:30. I think it's great that he doesn't just pee in the pull ups when he's awake

It's now 9:10am and he's still asleep, so I guess waking at 4:30 knocked him about a bit.

We're nearly at 2 weeks since we started and I'm so happy with how he's going, very proud of my little man

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That is absolutely great news LG. Well Done to your little man.

I have started the night training with DS2 and well its coming up a week on wednesday that he has not wet his pants. I still had been putting a nappy on him but he still woke asking to pee, but last night I just left him in his jocks and well dry all night.

GOODLUCK TO ANYONE ELSE WHO WILL BE TRY THIS, IT DOES WORK!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmonkey View Post
    That is absolutely great news LG. Well Done to your little man.

I have started the night training with DS2 and well its coming up a week on wednesday that he has not wet his pants. I still had been putting a nappy on him but he still woke asking to pee, but last night I just left him in his jocks and well dry all night.

GOODLUCK TO ANYONE ELSE WHO WILL BE TRY THIS, IT DOES WORK!!!
    Thanks nsmonkey!

And yes, to anyone reading this, the 3 Day Potty Training method really does work. If you're currently trying other methods you can still use this, but it is recommended to stop that method and wait 30 days before starting this one. You can start straight away if you really want, but it may take longer than 3 days because the child might need time to reprogram.

I can't understand why more people don't know about this method, it just seems mad to drag toilet training on so long. From the sounds of it my mum took about 6 months to achieve with me what I did in 2 days with my DS. Crazy!!

Anyway, DS is doing so well, I probably won't come back to this thread as he is well and truly TT (oh, just realised, today marks 2 weeks since we started !).

Good luck to anyone who tries this, if you are committed and do it properly it really is amazing .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I tried, DS refused to let me put his jocks on, wanted his nappy left on hes a lazy one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zada View Post
    I tried, DS refused to let me put his jocks on, wanted his nappy left on hes a lazy one
    Did you throw away all the nappies? It is part of the method, and I wonder if your little fella would have gone ahead with it if he had no other choice. If they refuse you just have to explain to them that nappies are for babies (as per method) and that he's a big boy now. They may cry and ask for the nappy, but that's where you follow the method and just distract them onto something else.

If you really want to do it you just have to do it, the kids have to understand that things do change when they grow up.

Like I said before, unless you do it properly, it won't work. The best age to do it is 22 - 30 months. The ones older than 30 months are more difficult because they are more set in their ways and don't like change.

Any future children I have will be TT at 22 months, tops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yea DS is 30 months now and I cant throw them out cos Im not doing the overnight TT'ing. Hes no where near ready, I need to change him during the night still :/ Cant sit there and watch him all night either hes a terrible enough sleeper as it is lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast