+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    do you stay at home on the 3 days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musicalmummy View Post
    do you stay at home on the 3 days?
    Yes, you don't go anywhere for 3 whole days, the furthest you can go is your backyard and you also don't leave your child's side for the 3 days (not even to go to the toilet).

I did venture out at the end of day 3, but seeing as he pretty much got it by 4 hours into day one I figured I'd be fairly safe.

Yesterday was day 4 and DS had 2 outings and didn't wet his pants at all, and used an adult toilet twice.

Plus, he did a poo on the potty twice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Day 5

Ok, so it's day 5 and DS is being looked after by my sister until 2pm whilst I'm at work (I only work 5 hrs a week) because DH is at a seminar.

Sis just rang me and said she took him for a drive to do some shopping north of the CBD (would have been about a half hour drive) and he peed on the toilet in the shop when they got there (she said she bribed him with some chocolate ). But the great thing is - all dry still . Oh, and he peed on her toilet before they left.

It's like DS's brain has been re-programmed, and it's like he never wore nappies, he just gets that he must not wet his pants! I'm so proud of him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the updates. I love reading his success story! I have a DS who I was scared of training as I had so many horror stories. My DD was so easy to train but everyone had told me boys were so much more difficult but your little boy has done so well and so quickly! Thanks for all the informative information and well done to your little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kamb77 View Post
    Thanks for all the updates. I love reading his success story! I have a DS who I was scared of training as I had so many horror stories. My DD was so easy to train but everyone had told me boys were so much more difficult but your little boy has done so well and so quickly! Thanks for all the informative information and well done to your little one.
    I'm glad I can give someone some hope! Part of my reason for writing this down was to show people that it can be done, and boys aren't always harder.

I was so nervous leading up to starting the 3 day TT program, I even put it off twice by a week each time because things kept cropping up and I just didn't feel ready IKYWIM....but once I was ready I just went for it and I'm thrilled with the results ....as you can clearly see .

Our world has changed now, that's for sure. Now it's all about knowing where the nearest toilet is and making sure I remind DS to go before we leave. But the one of greatest things is that there's no more nappies in our rubbish bin We live in a big apartment complex with a communal 'bin room' down in the basement garage, so whilst I did put 'well formed' poos into the toilet, there was often still that poo smell in our bin and I often had to take the garbage down to the bin room with hardly anything in it because of a stinky nappy . Now there's none of that nonsense, it's all in the toilet!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LG View Post
    Yes, you don't go anywhere for 3 whole days, the furthest you can go is your backyard and you also don't leave your child's side for the 3 days (not even to go to the toilet).

I did venture out at the end of day 3, but seeing as he pretty much got it by 4 hours into day one I figured I'd be fairly safe.

Yesterday was day 4 and DS had 2 outings and didn't wet his pants at all, and used an adult toilet twice.

Plus, he did a poo on the potty twice
    that's tricky. i've got a 10 month old too. Might have to do it over a friday, sat,sun, then hubby can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - this sounds fabulous! I'm definitely going to give this a go over the Easter holidays when DH is home to help. Thanks for sharing your journey, it has inspired me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, thought I'd pop in and tell you how we're going.

The Rest of The Day with my Sister

He stayed dry for the rest of the afternoon at my sister's house, and would simply say "Toilet!" when he needed to go and my sister would put him on theirs.

After that I took him to Chadstone Shopping Centre, and he stayed dry most of the time. He wet his pants in the pram once, but I blame myself for that. I had just taken him to the toilet, he went, but a couple of minutes after we left the toilets he turned to me and said "Big boy toilet?"....silly me thought "But he just went Maybe he just wants to go back in there because it was fun to flush it?". That must have been when he wet his pants because we went to Coles and then to the toilet just before going back to the car and that's when I discovered the accident. Now I take him EVERY time he tells me .

The rest of that day he stayed dry, taking himself to the potty/toilet each time he needed to go.

Yesterday (Sunday)

Did a poo on the big toilet too. Oh, he did start to wee in the lounge when I got home from being out, but as soon as he realised it he jumped up saying "Oh, potty" and held in until he could finish on the potty. But the rest of the day he was all dry, even for his nap whilst we were out at the shops. Dropped in on my sister and BIL for afternoon tea, and each time he needed to pee there he just said "Toilet".

Today - Day 6

Took him to the pool in our apartment building, he used the big toilet after his swim.

All dry at home, he just runs to the bathroom when he needs to go (followed by me still, he still hasn't mastered pulling his jocks down).

Went for a quick drive to a shop and back, all dry there too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 6 Continued....

Had to go to Medicare, took DS in the pram and he stayed dry all the way there and on the way back we stopped off at the playground. By that stage he hadn't gone too the loo for about 45 minutes and had had a bit of water. I should have taken him to the loo at the centre where Medicare is, because it was just too long for him and he wet his pants at the park.

I knew the second he started doing it because he got a panicked look on his face, and when I said "Come here" with my arms outstretched, he said "Oh no!". I had spare shorts and jocks, and we went straight home despite the fact that he hadn't been there long, as I figured he would learn quicker if he had to go straight home (ie Pee in pants = Go home)

Otherwise he's been great today and I'm still very happy. In fact, as I was typing this he was breastfeeding and he stopped suddenly and ran to the bathroom without even saying anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He just took himself off to the bathroom and did a poo on the toilet! I forgot to mention, I bought one of those things you put under the seat that makes it smaller, but he can't get himself up there so I put him on. He's starting to prefer using that to the potty, which is fine by me because it means I don't have to rinse the potty each time he goes to the bathroom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast