+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We're still having a great day, he's gone to the potty countless times by himself and there have been NO accidents

The last hour though, since he ate lunch, he's been on and off the potty like a jumping bean, with no pee coming out, so I think he might need to poo but is having a hard time 'releasing' because only 2 days ago he was able to do it in nappies and since starting TT he's only been able to poo in the shower (I think the warm water helps with that).

I almost feel confident to take him out in the pram (just up the street and back, a half hour round trip), but because of this 'maybe has to poo' business I'm nervous about doing that. But then he never poos in the pram (when he was in nappies), so if I just keep him in the pram he might be ok.

I feel like I did when he was newborn when I was nervous about going out but for a different reason now (back then I was like "OMG, what if he needs a feed!? What will I do?", now I'm like "OMG what if he needs to pee?!"

Anyway, better go and contemplate this walk, wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Goodluck LG, just do it go for the walk. Ask him if he needs to go to the potty before you leave.
    We just started taking DS2 in jocks if we were going for the 10mins drive in town but he never wet his jocks. We now can travel 3hrs without him having accident. We always make him go to the toilet before we go anywhere. It has seem to have worked so far.

Goodluck with it, I am sure you will be right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Thanks! Well, still haven't gone for a walk, but he still hasn't had a nap so I could go after that. I had some plastic so I cut some to fit in my Mountain Buggy and put a folded towel down, so at least I feel more at ease and I'll take a spare pair of jocks and shorts. I'm definitely going out tomorrow so if I don't go out today at least tomorrow I will. I'll let you know how I go!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 3 nap time

He's having his nap (late one, I know) and has been asleep 1 hour in jocks and is still dry. I will definitely go for a walk when he wakes up.

One great thing about him being TT is I can now put his Pumpkin Patch trousers on him (he has a pair that was so small around the bum that they didn't fit over his nappies, but fit perfectly with his jocks on. It's a small thing, but I'm happy that he can now wear them

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 3 Out for a walk

We went for a walk when he woke up and he did really well. We went to the playground on the way home, and he had lasted about 45 minutes when he started to wet his pants. As soon as he realised he stopped the flow and I pulled his pants down over some grass and he finished.

Thankfully I took a spare pair of shorts and jocks so I changed him and he kept playing. I'm sure he'll improve on outings and tell me before he needs to go, especially since he didn't like having wet pants on.

Oh, and I forgot to say, yesterday afternoon he did do a poo on the potty after lots of trips back and forth to the potty with nothing coming out. It was a step forward because on day 1 and 2 he only did poos when he was having a shower (in the potty though, but needed lots of reminding to sit on the potty).

Night 3

We put the pull up on again just before his last feed and the good thing is he still thought they were just undies so he took himself to the potty one more time before he went to sleep.

I checked the pull up when he woke for a BF at around 4am and it was still dry, but by 7am he had wet it and he woke up for the day at 8:15 and went to the potty and is now back in jocks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Photos

Here's a couple of cute photos of DS in his Pumpkin Patch pants that didn't fit over his nappies. He was about to go on the walk mentioned above.

PHOTO
    Last edited by Hollywood; 27-03-2009 at 15:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love them pants, your little man is so gorgeous, look at his hair.

Glad to read everything is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! It's good to get some wear out of those pants now (we've had them for ages, they're actually labelled as size 12 - 18 months so they must be a long fit).

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking Day 4 - Outing #2

I am so proud of DS! This morning I decided to go on exactly the same walk as yesterday and repeat everything I did so that it would help him learn.

I walked to our PO box (15 mins away), checked the mail, took him to the public toilet and sat him down (BTW I told him that toilet was the "Big Boy Toilet" - oh, and as soon as we walked into that little shopping centre, before I even took him to the toilet he said "Want big boy toilet"). When I put him on that loo yesterday he only did a little dribble of pee, but today he did a big pee on it (yay!). We popped into Safeway to buy a couple of things then went on our way to the park where we went yesterday (it's directly on the way home).

He played for a little while, then suddenly stopped, ran towards the grassy area (where I got him to finish peeing yesterday) saying "Want potty" and stood there waiting for me to take his pants down. So I took his shorts and jocks off and he squatted a bit and did a nice big pee!! And he didn't wet his pants AT ALL!! I am SOOO proud of him, and thrilled that he knew to tell me he needed to go!

His progress has been ASTOUNDING, if you consider that just this past Monday he was in nappies FULL TIME!

So, yeah, very proud mum here

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up Day 4 - nap

He had a 1.5 hour nap this arvo and stayed dry the whole time. When he woke up he went straight to the potty and did a big pee AND a poo!

Day 4 - Outing #2

Went out for the usual Friday catch up with my sister and the girl she nannys on Fridays, and he stayed dry the whole time. He happily used the 'big boy toilet' to pee (twice).

I gave him a big straw cup full of organic grape juice diluted with water on the way home (I avoid giving him a big drink like that unless we're on the way home). When we got home he went to the potty a few times, and about 15 minutes ago he insisted I put him on the big toilet and he did a poo!! He's finally feeling comfortable 'realeasing' the poos, so that's great.