+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I forgot to put a nappy on DS2 the other night and he had started to wet himself and came into me saying "Pee in toilet" so off he went.
    When we get back home I might give him a go at it again. Another thing is that he goes to sleep on a sippy cup with milk and wakes for milk during the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like a good method.
    How old is your son?

Thanks
    Reviews
    mummum81 if thats for me my son is just over 26mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmonkey View Post
    I forgot to put a nappy on DS2 the other night and he had started to wet himself and came into me saying "Pee in toilet" so off he went.
    When we get back home I might give him a go at it again. Another thing is that he goes to sleep on a sippy cup with milk and wakes for milk during the night.
    That's ok, the woman who devised the method said that in that case you should try to halve the amount you're giving him for that last one. Plus, being that he wakes for milk he shouldn't have a problem going to the toilet at the same time. I still BF DS whenever he wants it, and will continue to do so, even if it means he has to go to the potty overnight like last night. It's no different to when adults get up to pee inthe night.

Breaking News Whilst I was typing I heard DS stir after only 20 minutes into his nap, and he had started to wet the bed but got himself up to finish on the potty How great is that!!? I don't care that the bed got wet, I'm so happy hat he woke up when he felt himself go!!

So now he's back with me having a BF and more sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummum81 View Post
    Sounds like a good method.
    How old is your son?
    And if you're asking me, mine is 25 months. This method works best on 22 - 30 month olds, but younger or older can still be trained

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that LG. I just sent him to have a nap now he wanted his milk but I ignored him. So he also went to sleep with no milk and in jocks.
    Thats great LG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmonkey View Post
    Thanks for that LG. I just sent him to have a nap now he wanted his milk but I ignored him. So he also went to sleep with no milk and in jocks.
    Thats great LG
    Good stuff! You know, I think that once they have wet the bed and see that you have to change the sheets and you tell them to keep their jocks dry, well, maybe it just clicks that they have to wake up? Plus, with our LO's at that golden 22 - 30 month old age they're perfect for teaching. I'm so glad I caught DS before he reached 2.5 yrs old.

By the way, I would like to thank you for your first post on this method, as that was how I found out about it. Prior to finding out about the 3 day potty training, I was quite petrified of toilet training, I had no idea how I was going to do it and was dreading it. So thankyou nsmonkey for alerting me to this wonderful system!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are very welcome LG. Glad I could help.

DS1 was just over 3 by the time he was toilet trained, I did not have a clue what to do. I did try 2 times previously (he was after 2yr) and he just was not interested at all. I just felt like a complete failure. But this time with DS2 I feel so much more relaxed about parenting. I can see where I have gone wrong and now I can mend them mistakes. Apart from going from BF at 9mths to bottle to soft-spouted sippy cup when I should of just went straight on to a sippy cup.
    Oh well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday afternoon and evening went well, he took himself to the potty each time but did have one little accident when he was standing on a chair 'helping' me cook dinner, but I managed to catch him and he finished on the potty (just wee).

Just like day one, with pooping he held in yesterday until his shower and I had to coax him onto the potty a bit (I put the potty on the floor in the shower to help). I was very proud that when he was feeding to sleep later on he stopped to get up and pee on the potty

Night #2

Last night he wet the bed twice, once at midnight and then at 4am. So....we have decided to put him in Pull Ups overnight, even if it goes against what the method suggests. At 4am after the second change of sheets DH was the one who suggested we try pull ups but still encourage him to stay dry.

The good thing is that DS thinks that the pull ups are just a different type of undies (we tell him they are called 'night undies'), and he still went to the potty to pee whilst he was awake from 4 - 5am, and when he woke up this morning wearing the pull ups he went to the potty as soon as he got up, and the pull up was dry. I put normal jocks on him after he went to the potty and he's taken himself to the potty to pee again since breakfast.

Day 3 is going well so far, I'll let you know how i go for the rest of the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done to your little man hes doing great.

I have tried pullups on both my boys and hate them, they just used them as a regular nappy. So for night time here we just use normal nappies.
    Last night was a shocker again. Can't wait til we go home, then maybe things might become easier. DS2 woke last night for 3 milks. So changed him twice during the night, I asked him before I gave him the milk do you need to pee "NO."
    Need to really get rid of the milk.