+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Talking 3 Day Potty Training going REALLY WELL!!!

About a month ago I purchased the 3 Day Potty Training guide from http://www.3daypottytraining.com/ and we officially started day 1 today at 10am.

I'm thrilled to say that already DS is taking himself to the potty and doing wees (haven't yet had a bowel movement). I still have to help him with his underwear, but given that within 4 hours he was going of his own accord I couldn't be happier . And we haven't had a single accident since about 2pm.

I can't stay on here long now, he's having his first nap in undies and I want to keep an eye on him (might even take my laptop into the bedroom).

Anyway, I'll come back and keep you posted on how I'm going when I get the chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great to hear the TT is going well!! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm really glad it's working for you.

I signed up for the emails, but was still considering whether or not to make the purchase. When I started receiving countless emails (several per day) asking "how is it going?" I got so annoyed that I unsubscribed.

I think they need to have a close look at their communication!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Potts View Post
    I'm really glad it's working for you.

I signed up for the emails, but was still considering whether or not to make the purchase. When I started receiving countless emails (several per day) asking "how is it going?" I got so annoyed that I unsubscribed.

I think they need to have a close look at their communication!
    Hmm, how odd! I bought it the first time I went to the website, it immediately appealed to me. I don't get any emails from them, maybe we don't if we've already bought it.

I'm so glad I bought the eBook, the thought of potty training dragging out over weeks or months kind of terrified me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still going well, he had a really late nap (just woke up and BF and is dozing on my lap right now). He stayed dry the whole nap (4:30 - 5:30) and only just then went for a trip to the potty (took himself there ). Gotta go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a good night with DS. We cosleep so it was handy to be right there to check for dryness, and I had put a sheet of plastic down to protect the mattress.

He did wet the bed once but somehow I managed to catch him right after he did it, and he stayed dry the rest of the night. I changed the sheet and he went straight back to sleep. Considering it was his first nappy free night I wasd very happy with how he did.

He got up and went to the bathroom by himself and it was so cute to see him do his first 'morning pee'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news!

Yes, I would suggest you didn't get the emails because you bought straight away. I probably would have been far more inclined to purchase if I didn't feel like I was being harrassed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great LG that your little man is doing so well. So with the night training you just don't put a nappy on him and you wake him up is that correct?
    DS2 was TT bout a month ago but just during the day. And I didn't buy or get a copy of the 3 day TT program I just read a few tips off of here, which greatly helped.
    In the last week DS2 has been doing pees and poos in the BIG toilet, yay no more potty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to say how we went with pooping yesterday. When he used to wear nappies (all of 2 days ago ), he would go 3 times a day on average, I guess whenever anything was 'there' IYKWIM. But once he had undies on he held it in all day until he had his shower after dinner (the warm water must have helped relax him).

I knew that he did need to go from about 3pm onwards, because at one point he held one of his butt cheeks and said "Need new nappy", which is what he says when he previously had done poo and wanted a nappy change. But I guess they hold it in once they have jocks on, and he didn't go until in the shower (though all afternoon he raced to the potty even if he farted, he is still learning the different feelings with doing poos and farting).

I took the potty into my bathroom where he has a shower and when I saw that he was about to poop I reminded him to go in the potty. He got some in the potty at least .

Right now he's having his nap, so far still dry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmonkey View Post
    Thats great LG that your little man is doing so well. So with the night training you just don't put a nappy on him and you wake him up is that correct?
    DS2 was TT bout a month ago but just during the day. And I didn't buy or get a copy of the 3 day TT program I just read a few tips off of here, which greatly helped.
    In the last week DS2 has been doing pees and poos in the BIG toilet, yay no more potty.
    That's right, no pull ups overnight, just had him in jocks to avoid confusion. When I caught him wetting the bed I rushed him into the ensuite and sat him on the potty, just so he could hopefully make the connection between wetting the bed and needing to get up to pee. I made him just stand and watch whilst I changed the sheet, and softly said "Just remember to keep your underwear dry and tell me when you need to pee. See, you did wee on the bed".

I never scolded him and never said "No", I just reminded him to keep his underwear dry and didn't make a big fuss. I'm figuring that eventually he'll just wake me and tell me that he needs to go, but I'm determined not to use pull ups and just have him day and night trained from the word go.

Another tip from this method is to stop giving them drinks about 2 -3 hours before bed to help them stay dry. The only thing I let him have is breastmilk because that is how he falls asleep.