+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Endometriosis and pregnancy

Hi,
    I am nearly 17 weeks pregnant and I have severe endometriosis.

I was told that endometriosis tends to go once you fall pregnant and/or give birth, however,
    I am still experiencing my usual Endometriosis pains.

Despite a laparoscopy, diatherm and Lletz procedure,, i have been constantly in pain, everyday since i was 12, grading between 5 and 10 (10 being crippling).
    The pain is localised from the top of my abdomen and spreads down into my bowel, bladder and vagina. With sciatic pain down each leg.

Since falling pregnant, my symptoms have not changed. The pain is unique to the endometriosis, so i know there is nothing wrong with the pregnancy.

I was on birth control pills years ago to try and control the endometriosis, however, the oestrogen and progesterone only seemed to make it worse.
    A 6 month course of Zoladex (which lowers the amount of oestrogen made in the body), was the only drug that seemed to agree with my body, which gave me a few painfree days each month.

I was just wondering if there were any other women who are currently pregnantwith endometriosis, who are still experiencing their endo pains?

Cheers,
    Brittany

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The fact that generally pregnancy is 9 months of no-bleeding is the reason people say endo gets better when pregnant. The reality to this is that although throughout your pregnancy your endo wont grow any more (no period = no endo bleeding) pregnancy wont make previous endo disappear. IYKWIM.

I am also a severe endo sufferer and I have felt pain throughout my pregnancy that I would describe as endo pain. Everyone wants to believe that once you are pregnant all your endo issues will be over and although some endo sufferers are better during and after pregnancy some of us will continue to fight this evil disease for a really long time.

It suck....buts its sometimes luck of the draw.

Kema