+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Unhappy Need advice - Stuck btw a rock and a hard place..WWYD?

Ok so DH is sooooo misreable in his job. His boss is a petty immature nasty man and the 2 other man a little gossiping b!tches....He HATES it and it has been going on for months... He just called me really upset about something that just happened and he is just so over it. At his witts end. He has been looking for other jobs else where with no avail He wants to walk as this job is suffercating him. But we cant afford for him not to work...and what if he CANT find another job. I'm torn because i see what this is doing to him but also look at our family and the HUGE amount of bills we have... Its soooooooooo hard

Please give me some advice...ANY lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmm that is a very hard one...we too have been in that situation too so I know how you feel.

It depends I guess on how much savings you have to cover expenses while DH is not working - does he have any holiday leave that he can maybe take and have a break just to refresh himself and still keep looking for jobs?

If it really is that bad in his job maybe he would be better leaving and just taking any job for now even if it is not in his usual field but just enough to bring money in while he finds a more suitable job for the long term.
    You and he have to weigh up the pros and cons of leaving and staying but ultimately I IMO think his health and happiness is most important and the rest will sort it's self out IFYKWIM. Maybe sit down tonight with DH and nut it all out and look at solutions that might work.

Not sure if that is much help at all but wanted to lend my support and I hope you both find a solution soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby had the same issues with his work a few years ago, to the point where he was being physically threatened. He gave notice, they told him to leave immediately, but he requested that he get in writing from them that they would pay him for 2 weeks, because he gave 2 weeks notice. They agreed and it took about a month for him to find a new job, but with the extra 2 weeks money, we weren't bad off. Times were different then though and finding a job now is going to be much harder. I would suggest he try to find something, even part time work, before he quits, because you don't want to be caught out. It sucks that he has to put up with that stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know it's not ideal, but is there any way you could get a night time job like stock replenishing while your DH looks for another job.

It must be awful for you guys.