+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Places to look for houses for sale!..

Hi!..

We have just recently been approved for a house loan, and I am just jumping over the moon! YAY! Finally!..

I was just wondering if anyone else knows of good places too look for available houses for sale.

The only ones I know of at the moment are:

www.domain.com.au

www.realestate.com.au

Does anyone else know of any other good ones?..

Thanks in advance!..

Jen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I use those two as well. They mostly have the same listings, but sometimes domain will have a different detail or picture of a property that realestate.com doesn't have, or the other way around- so I always check both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once you know exactly what you want to buy and where, become friendly with a few of the agents. If you are clear with your needs/wants and you tell them you have finance approved, you will be an A1 client and they will generally call you as soon as a suitable property comes on the market. A lot of time, these properties never make it to the net as they are snapped up by someone in the A1 list. Sometimes you can snare a bargain this way, particularly if the seller is desperate to sell and needs a quick sale and lists for a low price to do so.

Takes a little while to build a good relationship with an agent and for them to put you at the top of the list, but is worthwhile, I've bought a few properties at great prices this way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    homehound

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenna33 View Post
    Once you know exactly what you want to buy and where, become friendly with a few of the agents. If you are clear with your needs/wants and you tell them you have finance approved, you will be an A1 client and they will generally call you as soon as a suitable property comes on the market. A lot of time, these properties never make it to the net as they are snapped up by someone in the A1 list. Sometimes you can snare a bargain this way, particularly if the seller is desperate to sell and needs a quick sale and lists for a low price to do so.

Takes a little while to build a good relationship with an agent and for them to put you at the top of the list, but is worthwhile, I've bought a few properties at great prices this way.
    That is an excellent idea, I did think about speaking to a few, and I think this would really help us as well. I mentioned to my husband if we got word out that we were looking for a property then more than likely we would have estate agents ringing our ears off because they are wanting a sale!..

But thank you very much for your idea, I really appreciate your knowledge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello there
    I only know of those two all the realesteates seem to use them.
    Sometimes you can get an agent to contact you before or as they are putting the listing up so you can be first in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, when we list our properties we use 4 different websites, the 2 you've already mentioned plus www.homehound.com.au & www.myhome.com.au

If you google property for sale websites there are lots of other independant ones but these are the main 4 that we use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Local papers are also good, try Quest.com.au to view them online