Are you having a BABY?
Would you consider sharing this special time with a midwifery student?

Hi, my name is Jenna. I am a 23 year old Registered Nurse – Division One, employed at the Angliss Hospital, Ferntree Gully. I am now currently undertaking studies towards my Graduate Diploma of Midwifery at Australian Catholic University (ACU), to become a Midwife!
As part of my tertiary studies with ACU, I am required to ‘follow-through’ with three women through their experiences of pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period under the direction of a registered midwife and the university.
First, let me explain the follow through journey; it is a free, innovative program developed to provide high quality and real life experiences for Midwifery students like myself. The concept of a Follow through Journey (FTJ) is about the ongoing relationship between a woman and a student from the initial contact in pregnancy through to the week’s immediately after the woman has birthed her baby. The follow through journey is a completely voluntary program and women can choose to share as much of their journey and pregnancy as they like with the student. This time spent together can involve times such as attending ante-natal/post-natal appointments together, ultrasound scans, childbirth education classes, having me there as a support person for the labour and birth of the baby, baby shopping, grocery shopping,just for a coffeeor whatever other activities relating to pregnancy and birth that a woman would allow a student to be involved in.
The FTJ allows women to access information and have an extra support person during the times of pregnancy and early parenting. The FTJ is also a great way to meet new people and to have someone to share your special experiences with.
I would love to hear from all women who are interested, no matter the model of maternity care- public, private, homebirth etc. If you choose to be a part of the FTJ your model of care is not affected. The follow through journey is a great way for me as a student to learn from your experience and will help me greatly to become a competent and confident midwife in the future. I am located in the Eastern- suburbs of Victoria but I am willing to travel to where you choose to birth your baby.
So if you are less than 35 weeks pregnant and interested in participating please contact me and I’ll provide you with more information provided by ACU, as well as answer any questions you may have!
Look forward to speaking to you!
Kind Regards, Jenna
pitto2@bigpond.com