+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Post IVF Embryo Transfer Low Hormone Blood Pregnancy Test

Hi all,

I am hoping someone is in the same boat as myself. I had two embryos transferred two weeks ago. Yesterday had my two week blood test. The nurse told me I had a very low 34 count pregnancy hormone level in my results. What does that mean?
    I have to schedule another blood test this thursday and hopefully the pregnancy hormone will be higher. the nurse also told me the embryo has implanted itself but because the hormone level is so low it may not grow. But on the other hand a lot of women have had normal and healthy babies and pregnancies... So its doing my head in as I dont know if I am pregnant or not...Does anyone at all know anything about this?????? Please help...

Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Nicole

This happened to me last IVF cycle. I had one 5 day embryo transferred and my blood test returned a HCG reading of 27. Within a week it had dropped to a not pregnant level (so below 5). Yes something did start to happen but for some reason, couldnt continue. While your HCG is low, the important thing is that it doubles at your next blood test.

I wish you all the very best on Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicoleval, I've had this happen to me x3 times and unfortunatley I lost all the pregnancies. On all occasions my hcg levels rose slowly. You will see from my signature block, this happened to me recently in January. However, as Empty said, the important thing is that the levels need to double. I have an ivf friend in the Adelaide thread whose levels started out at around 40 something and she had to have a repeat test also. She delivered a healthy baby a few months ago.

I know how you feel, being in this situation is just the worst as it leaves you hanging on hope, waiting between tests.

Hoping that your 2nd bt more than doubles.

Luv NGU xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicoleval, the same thing has just happened to me. Last week i had my BT at 13dpo and hcg was 39, went back at 17dpo and it had risen to 113. I was hopeful because it had doubled but also worried because it was still low. I then begun spotting that night, and yesterday continued bleeding. Today woke up to very heavy AF and passing clots (sorry tmi).
    I really hope you are different and your level rises, you may have a late implanter.

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh Nat, I am really really sorry and my heart goes out to you and DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I then begun spotting that night, and yesterday continued bleeding. Today woke up to very heavy AF and passing clots (sorry tmi).

Nat - i am so sorry for your news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat it could possibly mean that it is still a bit early and hopefully another blood test will see you levels up.

Check out the site http://www.betabase.info/ which has great info about levels - and don't get dishearted if it doesn/t double every 24 hours - mine doubled around every 62 hours when I entered my stats on this site...as long as it keeps going up significantly....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to you all I will update you on thurs.
    Fingers crossed my levels will double!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now this morning I did a HPT and it came up positive. One of the lines however is very faint..is it becuase of the hormone that the test shows positive?
    Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole, When I had my first bt my level was 4 it then continued to double every few days. I am now nearly 5mths pregnant so don't loose hope it can happen.

Nat, Sorry to hear that.

Bec