+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well reality is if there is a blockage there is no other option than ICSI - as they would have to do an aspiration and the sperm aren't fully formed from where they aspirate, hence the ICSI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry amum21, by natural cycle I meant natural ovulation, so they could use an egg that I naturally produce. I did wonder whether IVF without ICSI would work but understand it wouldn't.

Thanks for telling me your story Talia11. I don't even want to think about the possibility of me having problems too. I will discuss these options with the IVF clinic, but see the point of not relying on a single egg ...

I have you all have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again Talia11,

I am just learning how to 'read' our signatures etc. Congratulations to you both!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks for filling me in on the natural cycle,
    i dont think my clinic does it.
    if u were to do a natural cycle i assume it would be a lot cheaper than a stim cycle as u dont have the expensive drugs included in the price.
    if the price is the same then doing a natural cycle would be a waste of money.
    the good thing with a stim cycle is that if u are lucky enough to get some embryos into the freezer u can use them instead of doing fresh cycles all time and having to go through epus.

good luck whatever u decide.

heather

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry if i am off track, this is all new to me. Is there such a thing as a natural FET? I know that probably doesn't make sense. I have my first EPU in just 2 sleeps then transfer next wednesday...

If... if... i need to have a FET (thats hoing i get some good embies to freeze!!) .. what is the procedure... ?? Do i need drugs? How do the costs compare? How long do i need to wait?? etc.

Good luck to us all!!! I get a bit confused with trying to respond to certain ladies within a post, (sorry) but as i get to know you all i am sure it will all be easier!

Love Posey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is such a thing as a natural FET if you ovulate regularly. Basically they track your natural cycle (sometimes they give you clomid to make it easier to track), then they wait for you to surge (or they trigger you), then they plan the ET to correspond with the age of the embie 3 day or 5 days after ovulation usually. It's not as stressful as a full cycle and it's much easier on the body and the mind I find. I've had two natural FET's now, but next time I'm taking a medicated one because my clinic is only open five days a week and a natural FET means they have no control over when I'll O.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nikki,

My clinic is only open 5 days too.... but the natural FET does sound a lot less stressful. I hope i have lots of embies to freeze so i don't need to do another full cycle (is that wishful thinking??)... It is way more intense than i had expected.

How long until you are going to start? I hope that this is the one for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too don't want to have to do another stim cycle, I found it very painful afterwards. I was in tears for about two days. The FS says I just reacted very badly and it reflected the number of mature eggs I had. I was lucky to freeze six, but we've used four of those six already, so next time is our last attempt before we go back to full stim... I'm doing a medicated to make sure I don't have to cancel, like I"ve had to in the past because of the clinic open days. The medicated doesn't sound too bad to be honest, just a few pills and pessaries. I should start the medicated cycle on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting!!!

Do you mean the worst part of your reaction was after EPU or after ET?? The DR told me today it would be quite painful afterwards as he is expecting to get a large amount of mature eggs...

Hopefully for you that last precious little embie is the lucky one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My pain was after the EPU, but my doctor gave me a sedative when DH called up. My FS said that my reaction was out of the scope of normal, most of the women I've spoken to on here come home, take it easy and rest. Some of back doing normal things a day later! Everyone is different. I think a bit of pain or discomfort is normal, but if it gets bad just call the FS.