+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused and Freaked Out

Hi all

I wasn't sure where to post this but need to get this off my chest...

4 years ago hubby had a vasectomy done, he definitely did not want any more although I was not as convinced. I also discovered I have a heart condition making pregnancy risky (although am due for surgery to correct in July).

For the past two years I have been thinking that I would like to have another child (or two ) much to hubby's dismay.

Last month I had some symptoms that made me really feel like I was pregnant i.e. constant peeing, "really, really" sore boobs, nausea, hungry all the time, tired (etc you get the picture) I dismissed it obviously, just thinking my brain is playing tricks because I want this.

Anyway AF arrived on time but the period was really unusual. I wont give too much info but it was longer and slightly painful.

About 8 days later boobs are no longer sore but the other symptoms have persisted and I am left scratching my head . I went to buy a new pair of bras and I needed a whole cup size bigger even though I have recently lost some weight??? That was enough on day 10 of my ?new cycle? I grabbed a pregnancy test . Eeek 'positive' but so faint I doubted myself. Next morning I repeated and a day after that again.

I think I am going crazy - I know it's possible but possible for me because I want one?? How crazy is this?? I still feel sick/pregnant but know this is not unusual. I am trying to get hubby off for an analysis on monday.

The only other person I asked about this wondered if I had some weird kind of ovarian cyst that produced hcG? Can anybody else offer some insight? Why did I test positive 10 days post whatever it was when I would have only been 4 weeks at most? Surely the levels would have reverted very quickly if I had been pregnant?

Awww this is too hard I have a headache.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I can't answer your question as to why or how, but probably the best way to find out for sure if you are pregnant is to see your Doctor & have a blood test.

Hope everything works out for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am now anxiously waiting by the phone for the results from DH's sperm analysis.

I don't know what I am hoping for....

1. Swimmers and therefore I was pregnant....or

2. No swimmers and therefore I could have a nasty growth somewhere....

Think I'm just gonna have a cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    maybe u had a chem pregnancy?
    wouldnt u rather have the surgery to fix your heart problem before having a baby? u dont want to risk your own life by being pregnant do u?

none of my business but i wouldnt want u to risk your own health just to have a baby.

heather

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't want to be pregnant right now but it was the preferable option in my list of alternative explanations.

I just got the results back DH has no swimmers. There is now a chance that I have ovarian cancer.

I am not on any medication that would cause a false positive (I'm not on anything at all...). I'm scared and I don't want to see a doctor.

To top it off hubby thinks I've been screwing around (sorry mod's TOS??)
    Last edited by mirandaandcameronsmum; 23-02-2009 at 14:35.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I'm sorry, but go see a doctor. There is not anything any one can do unless you go see a doctor. Once you know what you are dealing with, you can get treatment started or whatever measures need to be done, can be done quickly. Please, go see your doctor, good luck, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sorry to hear of hubbys thoughts and also sorry to hear that u may have ovarian cancer.

fingers crossed everything is fine with u and u have your heart surgery and u are all fixed up.
    then hopefully dh will understand why u thought u were pregnant even though he had no swimmers.

heather