+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What Booster seat for a 31/2 - 4 YO

This is my situation.....I will be putting my DD in our maxi rider booster seat when she gets close to two and be moving my DS out of it when he is close to four (as our new bub will need our baby seat)...

So I'm looking at getting another booster for our DS..not sure to spend the money on getting another maxi rider or getting something a bit cheaper as he wont be in it for much longer? So can anyone recommend one, I would like one with cupholders as he always uses them?

At close to four should he still need the harness or a normal seatbelt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi-Liner

it is an anchored booster and takes a protecta harness (like H harness but a little different). it is one of the (if not the) highest booster on the market, has the anti sub clip, it is very slim (always a bonus) and you can often find deals around for around $210 for seat and harness packaged together.

he is still young and it is best for him to be in a H harness for as long as possible. also having the seat go up (the head rest moves up as the child grows) so high he will get a good amount of use out of it.

OH....and it has cup holders

it is made by safe n sound and you can find it it most shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Not sure if you've purchased one yet but the Secure Infa Vario-Kid. It is top on the RACV (or whatever test body) list and is actually one of the cheaper ones!

I have recently bought it for my 4 year old. It has a moving headrest to grow with them and cup holders each side (I have got the vario kid max which is the cup holder model). You can use with just the seat belt or use a harness too which is what we do.

I don't think they stock in Target or Kmart but have a ring round local baby shops and they will probably stock (or you could order online). I paid $130 and then another $50 for the harnes (double check the harness is compatible first - I think both the Protecta and Babylove ezyHarness are). Good luck!

Dawn

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought the Safe 'n' Sound booster seat for $90 but it was only the foam seat. I have cupholders in the back so didn't need that feature.
    I agree with PP about using the harness.