+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Daytime Nap for a nearly 3 year old.

DD is nearly 3 and for the last 4 weeks she is still awake at night at 9 -9.30pm. She is in her bed singing and talking happily to herself and the rare time she will kick the wall and ask for a drink. We used to put her to bed at 7.30pm then we moved it back to 8pm , but that has not worked as she is still awake that late.
    She normally wakes in the morning at 7 ish. It is also a battle to get her to have a daysleep , which is 12.30-1pm ,it usually takes her 1- 1/12 hours to get to sleep then i have to wake her because then it is getting to late in the day.
    Yesterday i didn't let her have her day sleep to see if this was the issue, but she was so tried and cranky at about 3pm and unbearable. I pushed her through and she went to bed at 7.30pm and she was talking at 9.30pm last night.
    What should i do just let her talk till 9.30pm or keep going with the no day sleep.
    I am in two minds as what to do.

Thanks for reading this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my 2y4m old son is the same, If he has a day sleep hes awake till 10-10:30pm! I wont have that so I dont give him a day sleep but he does go to bed at 7-7:30pm and is straight to sleep. Yea he is a bit cranky in the arvos but I just put up with it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep my 271/2 yr old is the same
    if she has no nap she sin bed usualy by 7ish if she has onw its up till 10
    every few days though she just conks out and you cant wake her( at 6ish) th eonly problem is that then if she gets woken she will be up till 1am!
    i think its just transitional as they slowly wean of the day sleeps

subaruforestermum is offline Love me or hate me...that's your problem only....
    Vote for veve! Cheekiest Mod!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I must be lucky.... my 3 year old usually has a day sleep, if he doesnt he's cranky as! Usually it's around 12ish that he has a sleep. Goes to bed at 8.30pm, and wakes at around 7am!

If they still need a day sleep, I'd let them have it. Maybe have a full on active afternoon, then dinner, then a relaxing bath, then bed!! (I dont know your routine, but usually what we do!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for all the advice, maybe i should just let her work it out. She is still falling asleep for her daytime nap so i guess she still may need it.