+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Synarel - side effects?

Hi everyone,

I feel like I'm going a little insane so thought I'd get your advice... I am on day 4 of Synarel - first ICSI cycle - and not sure if what I'm feeling is 'normal' for being on Synarel.

I feel very tired most of the time , have times of feeling sick in my stomach , feel extremely scattery (like I can't put a sentence together ) and feeling hot a lot of the time . Is this just part of the whole Synarel experience?

Your experiences would be most welcome!

Jodes

Louise28 is offline What if the 'Hokey Pokey' really is, what it's all about?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like the lovely synarel. I also was quite fuzzy in the head to begin with but that settled within the first week. The hot flushes are also very normal. Synarel pretty much puts your body into a Menapausal like state.
    Have fun sniffing.

Louise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodes I experienced all of those with the synarel as well as headaches. Even though it may not seem like it you will also get used to the taste
    Goodluck with your cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm the lovely syneral.

I remember I use to putting milk in the cupboard. Luckily my lovely DH was there to remind me milk goes in the fridge, hee hee!!

I also remember going shoping and stealing a little old ladies trolley. She left her hand bag in it and you should of seen the look she gave me. I seriously thought it was my trolley.

I also find I get a bit of insomnia and tiredness/fuzzyness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodes,

Isn't Mr Synarel being very kind to you?? I will have to have a few words to him .

I don't actually have many side effects apart from feeling like I need to sneak off at work for a every now & then. I also can't keep my hands of DH...va va voom... sorry if TMI, but I am feeling so damned hot n' horny, a bit like that cartoon skunk Pepe le Pew. DH isn't minding all of this extra attention though

So apart from those 2 side effects...zilch... Except for this.....I do know that I will end up with an IVF tummy roll, but I'm not sure if that is Synarel or a combo of the IVF drugs + me not exercising while I'm jabbing....

Hang in there Jodes. All these Synarel side effects will disappear when you get your BFP.

C xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your advice - it's helping to ease my mind

Cinopuss, no, Mr Synarel doesn't seem to be treating me too nicely atm! I WISH the only side-effects I was getting was the urge for excessive BDing! - actually am sure DH would be too!

It's not so much the hot flushes or feeling ill that's getting to me, it's the feeling exhausted (and yes, am at work and just wanting to sneak into a meeting room for a quick ) and the feeling so damn scattery all the time! I'm usually pretty quick but am finding myself having to concentrate extra hard and to really think about my sentences! ... For the first time in my life, I feel....dumb?.... Does that make sense?

Anyway, I'm hoping that this isn't going to last the whole time I'm on it....

Actually... how long should I be anticipating that I'll be on Synarel??? - can't quite think atm! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodes

Oh this is by far my favourite topic! Synarel brings out the absolute worse in me. I always feel hot and bothered and I get really really cranky and teary. I have been on it about 4 times now and absoutely hate it. In fact in the IVF friends newsletter there was an article about it this month.

I have been on it anywhere from 10 day to 2.5 weeks.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sniffing too and my moods are swinging higher than DD likes to swing on the swings!

I never noticed it before in my other cycles but I too am feeling a lot more hornier than usual. Crazy! My dh didnt know what hit him yesterday. He asked where it came from and I had no idea?!?! Now I know!

I hate, hate, hate the taste. And it is giving me a few headaches too as usual and I am craving coffee more. I am not extra tired though like some of you girls.

OMG cinopuss I have that extra roll right now as well!!!!!!! Today I was thinking I could actually be 7 months pregnant with how big it is. Its not sore and doesnt feel bloated either. Maybe it is the sprays/puregon??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've not noticed any side effects from the syneral.

Except when it drips down the back of my throat and makes me want to

(I've found a peppermint an excellent cure for that. Masks the taste really well)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Nex (as I sit here sucking on a peppermint after spraying 5 minutes ago). Although, because I suck on the peppermints while sniffing I cant stand to taste them any other time of the year.