ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovely Ladies
    It has been a long long time since I was on here. All going ok. with Peter. We have huge aggression issues this year. It has been a hard slog. OH MY GOSH!!!!!! BABY NUMBER 4! So the new house must have not been enough to deal with. But like you I am very busy, I have just started setting up my own business doing visual aids for Autistic children. It is so hard to get every thing organized with a terrible 4 year old and a very active 7 yr old. I don't get near enough time to do any thing. But I am about to spend 3 nights in Melbourne with the girls from work on a shopping trip. I am so excited. Well hope every one is great and oh Sara Congrats! Have you heard from mummyof5? I wonder how she is going also. Will try and get on here to have a chat. Oh I started up the business because there is not much in Brisbane for this type of thing. Take Care all Chat soon. Letitia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just thought i would poke my head in and say hi! I am still around. Ds is also having aggression issues. I know that he only gets violent when there is loud noises. When dd is upset she screams and ds cites her to be quiet. I have just been encouraging him to pat her on the back instead of biting. It is a long road but slowly working. I have mil telling me to put him in time out. It doesnt work because he doesnt understand what he is doing, all he knows is that he wants quiet. He is slowly learning how to read and i think once he does alot of frustrations will go away. He has just started putting 2 words together and yesterday i caught him using imaginative play. He built a block tower, placed a bit of paper against it and used his fingers to walk up and slide down. I am so proud of my little man. One of his fav hands at the moment is i cut pics of objects in half and get him to match them up and tell me what the object is.

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Letitia Glad all is ok with you and you are still around. That is wonderufl news about the business!! Hope it is all going well.

We have aggression issues at the moment- very odd as he has shown so signs whatsoever before. Out of the blue he started pushing other kids but it was all in fun (from his way of thinking!) and he was copying a friend of ours little boy who is a big pusher. However we have gone from that to him pushing out of aggression on occassion and he has hit and kicked a few times. He has hit me because he was angry that he didn't get what he wanted and the other day he slapped me straight across the face, out of the blue, but he ahd a big smile on his face so he obviously thought it was funny. I was so shocked I amost burst into tears. It is not what I am used to from him, he has always been not the slightest bit agressive so we are at a bit of a loss as to how to deal with it. We are using the time out strategy but realkly doesn't seem to be working.

Otherwise he is going leaps and bounds- talking alot, echolalia is mostly gone, he starts conversations and generally answers questions when asked. Pre school and early intervention are over the moon with how he is going which is good and pre-school want to scale back his funding as he doesn't appear to need it. We are still holding him back next year so another 1.5 years til school which should benefit him hugely I hope.

Its a matter of steps forward I guess with the occassional step back and a few curveballs thrown in for good measure!

Yes baby number 4. How horrifying. Not planned. Craziness.

Catch 22 have you changes your name at all on here because I can't place you!! Have not been on here for a long while though. Great to see your ds is largely doing well!!'

I see Kylie occassionally on facebook she appears to be ok I will send her a message and say you asked about her!

Enough from me. take care guys xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MyThreeCubs View Post
    Hey Letitia Glad all is ok with you and you are still around. That is wonderufl news about the business!! Hope it is all going well.

We have aggression issues at the moment- very odd as he has shown so signs whatsoever before. Out of the blue he started pushing other kids but it was all in fun (from his way of thinking!) and he was copying a friend of ours little boy who is a big pusher. However we have gone from that to him pushing out of aggression on occassion and he has hit and kicked a few times. He has hit me because he was angry that he didn't get what he wanted and the other day he slapped me straight across the face, out of the blue, but he ahd a big smile on his face so he obviously thought it was funny. I was so shocked I amost burst into tears. It is not what I am used to from him, he has always been not the slightest bit agressive so we are at a bit of a loss as to how to deal with it. We are using the time out strategy but realkly doesn't seem to be working.

Otherwise he is going leaps and bounds- talking alot, echolalia is mostly gone, he starts conversations and generally answers questions when asked. Pre school and early intervention are over the moon with how he is going which is good and pre-school want to scale back his funding as he doesn't appear to need it. We are still holding him back next year so another 1.5 years til school which should benefit him hugely I hope.

Its a matter of steps forward I guess with the occassional step back and a few curveballs thrown in for good measure!

Yes baby number 4. How horrifying. Not planned. Craziness.

Catch 22 have you changes your name at all on here because I can't place you!! Have not been on here for a long while though. Great to see your ds is largely doing well!!'

I see Kylie occassionally on facebook she appears to be ok I will send her a message and say you asked about her!

Enough from me. take care guys xx
    i used to be p o p p e t f i s h. I had bad stalking happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you may have seen some of what happened on my facebook! Now i have a new name and no facebook. I wont be running to oprah and saying ds is cured today though. Ds had lots of tantrums today as there was "mess" everywhere. He spits water out onto the floor until he empties his drink bottle laughing so hard as he does so but then he looks at the ground and starts screaming because of "mess".

Wow number 4. I am so envious. You must be so excited. I hope it is all going well.

Thanks
    Reviews

I kinda fit in here
    DS1 is 4 and a bit and has SPD and global developmental delays
    and has had a ASD assessment 3 weeks ago
    but we still haven't found out if his on the spectrum or not
    (I'm waiting on them to ring)

how long till did you have to wait after the assessment before you found out????
    Its been a long 3wks.....................

his already having EI so regardless of a diagnoses his getting some help
    where just waiting to see if he get a diagnoses or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did ours differently we had individual assessments as he was soo young then his paed read the reports and diagnosed him...

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by catch 22 View Post
    i used to be p o p p e t f i s h. I had bad stalking happen.
    Ah ha!! Now I'm with you, lol. No I didn't really see what happened on fb one day you were just gone and I assumed that I was ditched! What a pain for you! Such is the world of cyber space.

No I don't ever think my ds will be "cured"I don't aim or hope for that anymore- rather I just hope that he will be the best that he can be.... that sounds like a tragic greeting card. You know what I mean.

Oh not really ecited about number 4. Scared sh1tless perhaps. Terrified it will die or have autism. In that order. I'll be better I think when / if it gets here!

3 boysblue we were the same as Bel- Alex was dx at 2 so it was a combination of different reports and assessments so no I have no idea how long a full assessment can take. Hopefully not too long for you! Waiting is so hard.

Well have a sick dh this morning he is dyyyyyyying apparently so fun day ahead

Take care all! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to intrude but I was hoping some of you lovely mums may be able to help me out.

Ive been told that Ds (2yrs) likely has Sensory integration disorder or Sensory processing disorder. Which is also common with some autistic children?

We are having alot of trouble with food issues (colours, textures, temperatures, sizes etc). Just wondering if you can share any tips of trying to vary or expand his diet.

He has very gradually progressed to eating very small lumps (grains of rice) in spoon fed foods, but cannot yet feed himself. The small lumps have taken almost 6 months or so, he also eats a few finger foods, however they are white (banana, rice crackers, cheese etc) and very picky with textures... (cannot be sticky or have sauce).

Im offering alot of foods and trying to atleast have him okay with them sitting on his plate.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey we have Bern referred onto a biomedical doctor as my son only eats 1 colored food.. His diet is that limited I don't know what to do with his food