ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Where is everyone? Have we all fallen into a black hole?

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aawwww Letitia I feel awful, I'm so sorry. We have had the busiest few months- buying a house working a lot, etc and have JUST gotten back from Thailand. I juts don't have the time to get on here- I don't do facebook much either. I think about you guys, especially you Letitia and wonder how you are all going. By the looks of it there are heaps of people on here with ASD kids, this whole section is full of posts but the chat has slackened off. Sometimes I think it's in the too hard basket to read through a whole bunch of posts before replying. I miss the support too, though.

I can't remember when I last posted but Alex had his tonsils out then he heommoraged and landed abck in hospital, unfortunately while my dh was in Canberra. Bloody awful! He is fine now and my dha nd I went to Phuket (Thailand)for my best friends wedding. I was a WRECK leading up to it. My mum looked after the kids and I was so convinced that she wouldn't cope, the kids wouldn't cope, something terrible would go wrong etc. It DIDN'T although Alex was quite emotional and naughty while we were gone. We had a lovely time after I learned to calm down a bit and I soooooo appreciated the break and am finding it hard to transition back into parenthood again. I am VERY unmotivated!!

Apparently Alex was pushing kids at pre school while I was away. Hoping that does not become a regular thing!!

I am SO tired, still a bit jetlagged I think and have a still upset tummy from the trip. Hate places where you gte sick just by looking at the water!!

Hope everyone is ok and I will trya nd get on here more often. Letitia I will PM you my email.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    SARA Glad to hear from you. What a shame Alex had a bleed after his tonsils came out.
    Well Peter is doing well and on thursday this week our speechy said she can do no more for him as he is self correcting and is making all the sounds needed. I was shocked but she said it was because he has had intensive speech since he was 2. She is sooo proud of him. We are going another couple of times and we will then end it. We did not want to end it straight away as it has been a part (and a regular part) of his life. We will see how he goes. She said we are welcome back any time when we feel he needs it. It is going to save us so much money not having to go to speech every couple of weeks. (more spending money for mummy!) Well hope everyone is well.
    Sorry to hear SARA that you feel sick after coming back. Was the wedding nice? Well I am off to get Peter ready for tennis. Catch up soon. Letitia.

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good grief where did that week go????? TENNIS? Wow Letitia I'm impressed he has that level of co-ordination, that's great!! That is seriously good about the speech. I find it quite hard to move on from stuff that you have done routinely for a long time- I say that and Alex is only 3! well, almost 4. Which is hard to deal with in itself. How old is peter now??

I am soooo tired. matt has been in Adelaide all week, I've been doing the children thing, plus paid work, plus trying to get my bum into gear to move house next week- all by myself. I haven't been on the computer much at all- no time! Apparently Matt )dh) is going to be away the next 3 weeks too in various places so that's just ace. I really worry that Alex is not getting enough of my time, I rely too much on the help he gets at pre-school and his various therapies but at home he spends his time playing with his trains or watchign the TV or fighting with his sister. I'm so tired and so busy. I'm worried he will start going backwards. There is just not enough hours in the day. Speakign of it's almost bloody midnight!! Time for bed. Glad to talk to you Letitia, hope everyone else is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sara - I know how you feel and I'm not working or moving house or doing anything vaguely taxing!

I think that when our kids are at school/therapy that they work so hard, even just going to the shops is a huge effort for them, so when they're at home it's ok to let them just be kids and play trains/watch tv/fight with siblings.

even if you did see some regression on your boys part you know what to do, and you know it's just a temporary lapse - he is probably working on some other area.

i find with Possum that it is often three steps forward two steps back. when he makes gains in one area he will often regress in another, but he never completely regresses.

hang in there.

i'm sure the new house is worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for that I hope you are right! I agree with you about the regression, Alex will appear to be going backwards but then suddenly he will make a huge leap forwards!! (Thankfully.) What I do need to do is fill out the enrollment form for Dept educatuion as I really want him to get into their centre based groups for next year. They do a few hours a few mornings a week and it's supposed to be really beneficial. I must get my bum into gear!!!!! I also need to pay for his Building Blocks. Grrrrr so many things to do and not enough hours in the day!!!!! I wasted several hours today trying to organise new phone connection, foxtel etc (can't live without ti!!!) for the new house. I HATE TELSTRA WITH THE STRENGTH AND PASSION OF A THOUSAND MEN. HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still couldn't orgnaise it, they are ididots. I will have to summon the energy to tackle them again on Mondaya s I can't face life with no phone, internet or foxtel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Sorry i have been gone so long. Hope everyone is good. I am very tired and sore after falling from a ladder on weekend. Yes Peter does very well at tennis and loves it so much. He is even going up a level next year. Got to go get bubba into a bath. a bit late. Well catch up soon. Peter has been good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How is everyone. We have all sort of disappeared.

I just need to vent. Today was a really hard day where Laurence's differences just slapping me in the face.

I went to playgroup this morning. There were quite a lot of other children there including a few that used to be in laurences swimming class. They were talking and making up stories and chatting away. The other women asked me how L was going and I said that he now has a few words. They then started going on about going to drama classes and how their children are going up in swimming class. I started getting a bit sad listening to them go on about how great their DD's are. I excused myself and walked away.

Laurence was playing with a toy truck pushing it back and forth and saying "beep, beep, beep, car, car, car." When a mother of the other little boy that was playing with the cars said. "Isn't your DS talking yet. My 18 month old is putting 2 words together." "My DS is nearly 2 and a half." "Don't worry he will suddenly just start talking." "As long as he can be understood by other people by the time he gets to school, I am happy.""What do you mean? You don't mind if your son is slow?" "My son has Autism" "At least your DD seems perfect." "My DS is perfect to me. I love him and I wouldn't change him for the whole world." "Wouldn't you love him more if he wasn't a retard?" I walked away.

I then went to the park in the afternoon and a really nice lady with her DS was there and she said "Wow, L isn't screaming when other children touch him and he is babbling." "You must be so happy." I know she met well but after the morning it just cut deep. DS isn't normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HELP

my almost 3 year old is becoming sooooo hard to deal with!!

he is getting so naughty and i am out of ways to try to teach him that his doing the wrong thing.....

can anyone please help im willing to try anything!!
    today while waiting at the doctors i just burst into tears i couldnt controll him..he was throwing himself on the ground and headbutting it really hard..trying to climb on the window seals.... what do i do ?? i tryed so hard to keep myself together but i just couldnt controll my 20 kg little boy! his so heavy and being 30 weeks pregnant i am finding it harder and harder to lift him and trying to keep him seated...he still doesnt talk and doesnt seem to understand anything i say .... so please anybody helpp me...
    Last edited by mumjl; 05-11-2009 at 21:59. Reason: forgot something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumjl View Post
    HELP

my almost 3 year old is becoming sooooo hard to deal with!!

he is getting so naughty and i am out of ways to try to teach him that his doing the wrong thing.....

can anyone please help im willing to try anything!!
    today while waiting at the doctors i just burst into tears i couldnt controll him..he was throwing himself on the ground and headbutting it really hard..trying to climb on the window seals.... what do i do ?? i tryed so hard to keep myself together but i just couldnt controll my 20 kg little boy! his so heavy and being 30 weeks pregnant i am finding it harder and harder to lift him and trying to keep him seated...he still doesnt talk and doesnt seem to understand anything i say .... so please anybody helpp me...
    My DS is also nearly 20kgs. I keep him in the pram. I have a bag of toys and his fav books and i read them to him. I also have a toy fan which he loves because it spins.

Lots of people comment on the fact that he is too big for a pram but poo to them. It gets us through the day. My DS is nearly 2 and a half.