Closed Thread
Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    generally autistic kids respond well to "deep pressure." The pressure is calming and lowers their heart rate, breathing etc- most of us would probably love it too ASD or not! Whatever works I say, but if he has an OT ask her to show you some deep pressure techniques.

Rosie, Seth will get better without "out of the house trips" give it time. he is improving a lot.

We have not had a great week. Alex seems to be regressing with his receptive language and his eye contact. Others are noticing it so it's not just me. I am REALLY worried- we have put in so much hard work and he ahs always been a kid who you didn't have to DRAG stuff out of him- he has always been quite interactive and responsive so I really don't know what is happening there. Dh is still in LA so maybe that's got a bit to do with it but it seems like it's been going on for a bit more than that. Life has been crazy hectic around ehre, very stressfula nd I hope it hasn't all had a profoundly negative impact on him.

I really hope everyone else is ok, please come back and chat and let us know how it's all going!!!!!!!! (Coz I'm back now so y'all should be!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    appt with paed this arvo. hopefully we get the dx!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am still here . . hehe . . life just got busy !

Matilda is doing awesome with her speech therapy . . her talking is coming along so well and we get a new word almost every day now . .

Been having issues with tantrums and screaming again which has been driving me a bit batty of late . . just one of those months I think . . lol . .

We are house hunting . . to try and get a place of our own so I can really get down and dirty with a routine etc and its in our own space ..

We have our meeting with the Autism Advisor on thursday afternoon so hopefully we can get some more therapies happening with the funding . .

Been stressing a lot lately . . I guess just really being upset that I will never a normal little girl . . been told its all normal but I guess I just feel really selfish about thinking that about her . . I love her beyond words but some days I just wish she was normal you know . . which probably sounds so horrid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    jackson 84 - good luck today

hi everyone.

things are going along up and down as you know. he has become affectionate when he wants to and its the best. he still cant follow most directions like get your pants.

and...

ruby can. not even 16months and can get items for me for seth.. omg. i never believed that was possible until i see her.

but anyway moving on. he is saying loads of words and numbers and can count down and loves the microwave for that reason lol.

our new special treat is microwaves papadoms which are gluten free/ put 7 on a large plate and zap it for 60sec and you have yourself magic as well as a treat. put in flat come out all crumply just as good as a deep fryer except healthier.

my kids love them. i break them off myself so they dont have a big piece and choke.

seth still using the toilet occasionly and is oh so proud. can use makaton for more,finish, and play. going to see if i can get a song cd from EI because he loves this bubbles song.

we have a ds and he knows to tap the screen. he has no idea what he is doing but it makes him happy that things move when he taps lol.

we hopefully hear back from disability services this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Everyone!

The appt with the paed went very well. He was glad to hear about where Possum has improved with the time out routine, and also where he hasn't. He agrees that Possum is on the spectrum, and is just waiting on the report from the clin psych to send the paperwork into disability services so we can apply for funding. YAY!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am glad everyone is doing so well. We are still waiting to get into speech pathology.

I have just decided to sit back and enjoy the ride. I am sick of fighting the system. I am just doing all i can at home and keeping it to that. I know Laurence is ASD and so does everyone else. It is kind of hard to miss.

It is so cute Laurence's favourite tv show is "who wants to be a millionaire, hot seat." Whenever a question gets asked he shouts out either a,b,c or d. He keeping shouting out the letter until eddy answers the question. He always gets it wrong but he has fun trying.lol

MIL has also started taking Laurence out with her on monday mornings. This is fine but whenever he comes back, DH and I have to re-teach him to hold our hand while walking. So the monkey backpack comes out and he tantrums and tries to run off. We finally get him to hold our hand by the end of the week and then, the whole cycle starts again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    poppetfish! - tell your mil your troubles and tell her she needs to teach your son to hold your hand and why! i totally can relate

jackson84 - i know you will but let us know how you go

hmm well im waiting till next week to hear about disability services now strange but hopefully we will know more

Kam - hope you find your own place soon

sara - seth loves deep pressure massage. he can now say massage (sounds just sasarge) but i understand

how is everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having one of those weeks where I really just want to hide in a corner and let someone else take over as Matilda's mother . .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaM View Post
    I am having one of those weeks where I really just want to hide in a corner and let someone else take over as Matilda's mother . .

dont we all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Sorry I have been missing for such a long time. Emily is really sick with a nasty chest infection. We have spent a night up at the hospital for it and was sent home by an mungrel of a dr who did not care. He said there was nothing wrong and her oxygen stats were back up so go home. He did the quickest check of her lungs i have ever seen. So I took her to our dr and he was so discusted with the dr because emily had such a bad case of a chest infection. Another course of antibiotics which are so strong and are sending her loopy.
    Peter is ok. lots of issues at school. Some child in his class told peters bestfriend (girl friend) that peter nolonger wanted to be her friend and that he hated her. All of this was not true and caused Peter heartache and his poor friend. It was worked out today and hopefully settled. It takes a long time for peter to make friends. She has known him through last year and they love each other. so we are now excluding this other child from playing with peter for a while. I am soooooooo tired and just did not need this right now. Hope everyone else is good. I will endevour to get back on here some time soon. Take care all. Letitia.