Closed Thread
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a review booked for in a years time. I cant go to anyone else because we cant afford it. It cost us over $1000 just for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jackson thank you so much for the tips. How exciting for your DS progressing with the toilet training. I found one of the big issues with DD she would be so engrossed in whatever she was doing and forget to go and then realise as it came out.

Mumjl I can't believe how frustrating it is to get things across to relatives. Mine keep saying how she talks so well and understands things so there is nothing wrong You're right having it day in ay out is hard .

Berni I am so sorry to hear that they are making things so hard for you. I wish I had some advice but I am new to all of this

Rosie have you thought of speaking to your member of parliment to get things progressing more. A friend of mine was told her son was not in urgent need of a speechy and so he would have to go on a waitlist. She contacted her local mp and within a week had a clb with an appointment date.

I have no idea how you ladies do this you are such strong women after only a few days I feel more exhausted then when DS was a newborn. I have an appointment with a paed on August 18th and a hearing test on D's birthday 14th Aug. The doctor today seemed to agree that the things she was exhibiting looked like a ASD. At the moment I have no idea how to deal with my emotions. After about a month of being "nice" to me DD has begun to say things like "Go way Mummy" "No like Mummy" and thinks its funny and doesn't realise how much it hurts my feelings. Any way I hope you guys are all going ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    silly as it may sound, i would love for my son to say anything even if it was just telling me to go away he has not spoken 1 word and i would just love to hear him talk to know what his voice sounds like!to know he has a voice! i know it doesnt make it easier for those who have kids that hurt your feelings with things they say, sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mumjl that's something I struggle with guilt that I should be more thankful for my haves than have nots. Please don't be sorry for what you said I completely see where you are coming from

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok wow guys so sorry this always happens but i didn't realsie I was gone for so long!

Sorry Letitia straight after this I will empty my inbox! I know how anoying it is, Naiwen did it to me a few weeks ago, drove me nuts til she emptied it!

Jackson sooooo sorry about your doggie, it is just awful when animals die, I don't cope with it at all well I am already worried about when our dog dies and he's only 5!

Welcome Tracyselena, so glad you have found this thread helpful. We try! (although some of us dissapear for a while at times...) It is full on at the beginning, til you manage to get a dx and you start your therapies and well, yeah it does eventually quieten down a but but I often feel like autism is a full time occupation! (Just doesn't pay very well)

Welcome also mumjl, he will talk I promsie you- so many of us in this thread had kids not speaking a word- it will happen, slowly but one day you will look back and say "wow, rememebr when he could not speak a word???" Have you access to the Hanen program at all in your area/ It is fabulous, made a huge difference to us but I agree with the others that diet makes a big difference usually as well.

Rosie hope you are feeling chirpier, happy birthday whenever it is

Oh Berni that is AWFUL it amkes you so, so so so angry. Is there anybnody else that you can see? Who did the assessment? Sometiems you ahve to "shop around" til you get an agreeable person, sounds awful but not everybody will agree they have autism, even AFTER dx, we ahve so many people question Alex's autism and I think, come and spend a day with us ok and you will change your mind!!!!!

Letitia, my goodness, what an ordeal for you, when is this sleep study they are going to do? I really hope that you get some answers soon, you need a break.

Well I am just exhausted trying to do all this home loan stuff, trying to get all the paperowrk organised. Also working on top of it. Alex hasn't been great, ended up in hospital with tonislitis then Hannah was sick as well. Poor bub, everytime he gets sick, he goes a bit backwards. I just want to get us out of this hosue and set up somewhere nice and clean with no toxic mold and we can start rebuilding our lives!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to anyone I have missed, took so long to read through all your ppsts, hope everyone is ok.xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MTC goodluck with your home loan so you can have alittle less weight on your shoulders. I hope your littlies are recovering and feeling better too.

I saw our DS's paediatrician for his reflux today. I was so relieved that he agreed with me that the rch paed was way off the mark. The rch paed told me I must feed my 4 month old son solids now or else he will loose weight. The private paed couldn't believe he would say that when DS has a suspected lactose intolorance. I also asked him about his upcomming appointment we have for DD in a month. I aksed If I should have her speech assesed before hand. His response was "No I have contact with some of the best speechys who can sniff out ASD a mile away and if that's what she has you will get the full funding package." It was just such a relief to hear that. He also asked to get her hearing and eyes tested before hand too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    SARA Good luck and hope things go smooth for the loan. Hope Alex and Hannah feel better soon and that your good work with Alex before hand has not changed. Get some rest and try not to stress out too much.
    TRACEY Hi glad to hear all went well with the paed. That sounds great about his contacts. I wonder if it is the same speech place we go to. It is Jan Brandon at Strathpine. Hope the time flys by so your appointment comes around quickly for you.

Will try to get on here soon. Off to get kids to bed. Letitia.

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tracy that is great that your paed sounds proactive and positive. So many of them poo-**** around and are so wishy washy, he sounds like he is on the ball.

I agree that it would be mad to give a bub with intolerances solids at 4 months. I would be looking at a lactose free forula and if all else fails would ask the paed if you can try some elecare or neocate- works wonders with allergic bubs in getting their weight up.

Hi Letitia Hope all is ok with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone

me and dh were discussing seth today. How his behaviour no matter how good his diet is still very all over the place.

he can nearly say bath he says ba ba ba. (no th sound)

ok now to my girl.

shes 15months right. so very different to seth right.

so why do i feel a bit sad when she did 2 things today which blew my mind!

we have a digital dvd thingo connected to the tv which we turn off and on and it "dings" and seth has been "ding" ing with it.

today ruby said "di" to it

and ruby said psss and ran to the gate (she had a soaked nappy) but i put her on the loo and she looked proud at me. (did nothing) but kept pss ing when she had a wet nappy.

recognition at 15months when seth sometimes at nearly 3 doesnt

i need to stop. there both different and they always will be.

but will my son live a happy and healthy life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Letitia I hope he knows one ther because he mentioned something about one at the wesley. I have no idea where the wesley is but it doesn't sound close to pine rivers .

MTC I was so scared after all the things I've read about doctors being difficult to get DX from. Today he had S take a stool and blood sample to test for intolerances as he said reflux is usually the first sign. If that comes back as LI he will move us from store LI formula to prescription. How are things with your littlies are they feeling better?

Rosie I wish I had some advice because my DD used to pronounce things alot less clear than she does now (Even though still not great). I tried just repeating things to her correctly over and over and for along time she used to just say the same wrong thing and have blank expression but now some of the things she can kind of get when I break down sylables. She still reverts back to old ways though and I have to constantly remind her. That's great that your DD is progressing well maybe she will be able to help stimulate your DS.

I find it so draining to try and keep up with DD. When I need her to stand still for something she wriggles, hops and flops all over the place. She is constantly saying what's that every 2 seconds at things she already knows the answer to and if I even slightly bump her she says I hurt her and starts to sulk. She also makes all these noises when I pick her up are these common ASD traits?