Closed Thread
Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    MUMMY2SOPHIE I feel for you. It is so hard when people say how well their kids are doing. I hate catching up with friends for this reason. Some times I feel so alone and wish I had close friends who understand better what I am going through. My work is having a surprise birthday party for the dentist and some other ladies are taking their kids. They asked if I was bringing mine but I can't as they are both not so good at other peoples places. But the brighter side about you is the weight loss and it is fantastic to hear. I hope I can do it too. Take care of your self and if it starts to get too bad go and see your Dr may be she/he can help you. I know what you mean about finances being a mess ours are as well. It really does take its toll on you when you pay out so much on therapy. Try and cheer up I wish I was closer so we could have a coffee.
    SARA I hope Hannah is OK. Try and get some catch up sleep if you can today. Take care.
    Well I am off now as DH needs to go to Dr's. I will endeavor to get on here later. Take care all and Huggs to everyone. Letitia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we went to a gluten free expo today, it was awsome.. if its in your state i highly recommend you go if you have your child on a gluten free diet.

seth is saying sooo many new words. its awsome..

dh said hes upset that only now he knows how to use a footpedal bike. and its still with help.

but then seth smiles at you and it lifts your mood soo much.

not much else other then im so tired running after 2 kids all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Griff doesn't ride a pedal bike yet...

he's going really well with his visuals (I'm so proud!)

we had lunch at church today and people tried to settle my boys (they were fussing rather loudly) with food - I'm glad I was there! far out... NO dairy!! NO eggs!! just don't give them food!! ARGH! Even my MIL can't help herself... grrr.

well, boys are sleeping... might go have a lie down myself...

Thanks
    Reviews
    well we went camping this weekend. i must say it was so much fun and i will do it again. the kids were FILTHY but they had a ball...naomi just wandered around and she was so super cute. i will post some pics tomorrow. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are so lucky...I don't take my kids camping, cause Jock would be gone 5 mins after we got there...poor other ones miss out.
    Jock can only just ride a pedal bike now, and that is with someone to help push, as he doesn't have the strength in his legs, even after riding bikes at school. So Seth is doing really well. Good on him for all the new words too.
    I have a cold and feel icky today...Bronte has one as well. Hope you all are having better days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    GREAT NEWS! learning links called today. they are starting naomis speech therapy program next friday with the FASCHIA funding! it will be weekly and then Ot should start soon...i am SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW that we didnt have to wait!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! lets get this ball rollin.....

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for the delay Nic but thta is really great news! Also good that you ahd a great time camping, I don't camp thankfully- would lose my kids for sure!

letitia I smiled in sympathy at the "not taking kids to other peorples houses" part. I hear you. A friend got really upset that I declined to go to her bday party on sat but I will be on my own, Dh is at work and even though there will be other kids there I dread taking mine. It's just not fun. Alex is getting much better but Hannah can be quite feral.

Sarah I am so, so sorry I missed your post, here is a delayed you are so positive and so strong 99% of the time, you are allowed a day off. I am so sorry to hear about the probs in your marriage. So common though with all that we deal with. Does your dh acknowlege there is a prob? Do you really think he has no idea or just doesn't want to voice it?? You relaly are lucky Sophie is going so well, lucky but also a result of the trmendous work you put in. You deserve a hug and a pat on the back. Hope you are having a better few days.

My week has been quite cr@p. Hubby ahs a shocking gastro bug, caught from my older dd. He is really sick so of coarse this translates to me being super mum. I am run ragged- bloody exhausted, trying to finish a whole lot of work stuff as well on a deadline, just had enough and need to sleep.

On a positive note, those who are on my facebook would have read that I am getting more and more convinced my son is a super genius. He can now add basic sums on his own- 5 + 4, 6+3, 9+0, etc etc. No thinking, just answers them- automatically. He was 3 in Jan so i think that's pretty great. he is just exceptional with numbers as he is with computers and anythign technical. I am thrilled because the more wonderful things he does the easier it is to accept the bad stuff iynwim. As my best friend said- "who needs social skills when you have a brain like that?"

As for Hannah- I now think that she does not have autism, she has a sleeping problem. Penny dropped when I took her to kindy gym today- as you know, a huge source of melt downs of late as with everything else. Anyway, she was GREAT. Perfect. Interactive, talkative, responsive PERFECT. Her instructor thought she was a different child! Anyway, the only thing that was different today is that she SLEPT last night. For some reason she slept soundly- all night. Every other night she wakes multiple times and has to be rocked back to sleep. Today I made her have a sleep which she prob didn't need- she wasn't tired having slept all night- well when she woke up she was feral, sleepy and awful. As she is every other day! the kid needs SLEEP!!! She has too much speech to have autism- last night she weed on the floor and says, "weed on floor? Potty? Where's the potty gone?' and starts looking for it! Too funny. Alex still can't string together a sentance like that! Oh well, pray that I am right- sleep disorder I can deal with!!!!

I am absolutley bloody exhausted, sorry I haven't answered all of you, I hope you are all ok

Oh please pray also I don't get this wretched stomach bug and neither do my little munchkins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I was on ages ago but keep forgetting to come back on and check in sorry.

So I'll re introduce myself, I'm Kylie, 20 year old mummy to 3, Jasmin is 4 1/2 and has high functioning Autism, Brandon is 3 and Emily is 6 months. We live in Andrews Farm, SA.

We have recently been looking at schools for Jasmin, and was wondering if any of you have had or heard any good/bad experiences with St Thomas More school in Elizabeth Park?

Jasmin has been accepted there and I have been through the school and spoken to the principal and I really like it but I guess you just never really know how tthey will cope with a child with an ASD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry i am from sydney...i cant help you out..hope all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i dont get a chance to post much but im still here and seth is doing well.

increasing words.

sara - seth is now counting. so he may be a numbers guy too

he now PLAYS with ruby and makes her laugh tries to hold her hand but being only 13.5months old she doesnt do holding hands its cute though.

i just wanted to let everyone know we are doing aright at the moment. (except me, as dh likes to say i still have issews but were getting there)