Closed Thread
Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *note to self - check awesome mums thread on bubhub more often*

Hi guys

We got Griff's diagnosis on Thursday - even though I knew it was coming, I still cried. He's so lovely but at times I find it all a bit much.

We have the autism coordinator coming over on Wednesday, and an appt with autism paed. on the 19th of May...

There was one person doing ABA here and I got an email from her on Friday saying that she's not doing it anymore!

I'm interested in what the building blocks program is?

Seth and Ruby's mum - what are you doing for his bowel mvmt's? Griff has never had formed poo - we've taken him off dairy and he has a pro biotic, but it doesn't seem to be helping. What are you doing with his diet?

Griff has been responding really well to visuals - I'm going to try and put together 3 folders - weekdays, Saturday, Sunday for schedules... might help me too.

He's started parroting 'what-are-you-doing?' it's kind of funny, but even when you tell him what you're doing, he just asks over and over and over 'whatareyougoingwhatareyoudoingwhatareyougoing?' *sigh*

On a side note, I made quince paste today... it is so yummy... wish I had some smoked cheddar to go with it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there.
    sorry to hear about Griff's diagnosis...but welcome to the club i must say!

building blocks is an early intervention program run by ASPECT. you can read more about it here http://www.aspect.org.au/our%20services/early.asp

Naomi has been accepted onto the list for next year. there intake is from feb to november. they currently have some govt funded places available for next year, where the govt pay the bulk and you pay $250 per term.. they can come tot he home or you can go to the centre. we have chosen home intervention. they will come once a fortnight for two hours.

if you want to use your "helping children with autism package" it is 7000 and you pay the $250 per term and the funding covers the rest and they will start you asap for this year i think there is some places due to this funding she said. (of course there is....).

we are going to do building blocks ontop of other ST and OT therapy options and early intervention playgroup..

looking forward to learning more about you and your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will definitely be seeking another opinion . . thanks girls . . I was a bit iffy but hearing all your comments I think its a great idea!!

Nat (Sweet Serenity) We should try and catch up soon . . its been way to long !!

Gluten Free diet isnt fully in swing .. we have cut out some but its a bit slow at the moment as she is being very picky about her eating habits again

Awesome on the improvements all the kidlets have been conquering !!

Naomi : Id love to hear more about building blocks from an inside view . . we are getting our assessment done through Aspect . .

The paperwork is finally all done and sorted so its being sent off monday and then its just waiting til they can fit us in (normall about 8 - 10 weeks)

Im totally loving Matilda's new daycare . . they went out during the week after speaking to some of their contact services and bought special toys for Matilda . . so that she has them for fridays when she is there . .so cute! And they have someone coming out next friday to do a bit of an assessment on her also . . its very exciting . . she has only been there about 6 weeks and already they are helping so much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    KaM, i wont be able to tell you about building blocks until next year LOL. thats when she will be in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well your on notice to take notes then

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are able to have access to a free Occupational therapist . . not sure if its for sessions or for just an assessment . . do you girls recommend it ?

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    "The only problem," lol Kylie, you wonder woman Yes, I hear you with trying to fit in all the post school activities plus allt he other cr@p we do in a week, exhausting isn't it? I'me hating school hols are nearly over, ahve been loving the flexibility! Sorry to hear Jock is being a strain, if you have to go for the drugs than you have to, whatever works and you have bloody well tried everything else!I really hope you get some ideas from the pead.

I agree with you about the worse the results the more help you get- have to look on the bright side and it's very true.

PORRIDGE glad you found your way bak here! Sorry that you have to come back here tho iynwim. A dx is always a shock even when you are expecting it, it sounds like you've set the ball running which is great though, once you get the dx you can get the help you need. Any speech si good though, by the way, he's attempting to communicate and as I say to Rosie, that's where it starts!

Rosie I know what you mena about being sad, I get sad when hannah says things that are well beyond Alex but on the very bright side Alex learns speech from her, he mimics and you will find this with Seth and Ruby.

Nic glad you have started with the building blocks, that's great.

kam take anything for free, anything! Can't hurt!! Good news about the day care can make soooooooo much differenec when you have a good one!

sarah hope you are enjoying your holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am very tired, all is ok except Hannah being feral, really worry aboaut that girl, I actually find Alex much easier to deal with than her at the moment, sadly. Also havign so many extended family probs that are really stressing me out but that's for another day.

Off to pack Alex's stuff for pre school tommorrow Letitia hope you are feeling ok and hope everyone has had a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    mummyof5 - there learning off each other.. rubys already learnt to climb up the couch, but doesnt know how to get down safely 100% of the time.
    porridge - we have him on a gluten free/ dairy free and taken out ALOT of preservatives,colours,additives,thickners. (most numbers in bought foods) and he has a probiotic.. unfortunatly for some reason there still loose.. but mil tells me last night he had a formed one. (hes sick at the moment) lets hope once he gets beter they will be back to "normal".. for a boy his age yes they are spose to be formed. have you taken griff to the docs to see if anything is wrong.. i did that and theres nothing "in" there. so were just waiting and hoping.
    naomis mum - thank you for the link. ive read it too.
    kam - id give it a go.. after all its free.

hi to all.. can anyone tell seth to stop growing. hes to tall.. the things that were out of reach last week arent this week.. omg.

oh also.. you know how he loves all of in the night garden with iggle piggle. he can say iggle, daisy do, and omlibo (tombliboo) some characters very cute. see tv can teach too

Thanks
    Reviews
    sara, we havent started yet it is next year we are in...havent you started??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naomis mum View Post
    sara, we havent started yet it is next year we are in...havent you started??
    from what i read its only in sydney.. do you know if there is anything like that in Queensland?