ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Alex learned to jump up and down all on his own when he was chucking a tantrum

Letitia I hope the new meds work! How stressful about Emily, the poor thing, I thought you were going to say whooping cough actually as there is the "epidemic" going around at the moment. I hope you get more sleep tonight! (Me too, I had Hannah in bed AGAIN last night, poor dh slept on the lounge.)

Neostudded you do what is best for you and your buy- I know quite a few people with kids on the spectrum that home school successfully, I take me hat off to them!

Rosie I know it's scary, I'm just realising how much my baby girl has grown up She's TWO next month My little bubba!!!!!! That is great about Seth though, see we told you he would start coming along, now he has he won't stop!

Hey Sm03 of coarse we remember you lol, I'm so glad Bray is settling in well at school, oh no Hannah speak of the devil just woke up crying, grrrrr hope not another night like last night, back later
    Last edited by MyFourCubs; 24-03-2009 at 22:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I would ask you girls if you had any advice about sleep routines ? Ive been through 2 sleep schools and so many other things and its a battle . . is it just something thats always going to be? Is there something I can do to help with her sleep?

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Sm03 I'm back- I have forgotten is Brayden on meds for the agression? I think I rememebr you sayign he is- is it working? At elast he is controlling his behaviour fairly well at school, then you know he is capable of it! Cross fingers he starts to improve at home as well

KaM your little girl is so cute I love your avatar hmmm the sleep, well I can't get my nearly 2 year old to sleep lol. so I'm clearly no help! Is she relying on the breast to go to sleep? Does she go to sleep without you? You could try the tough love approach but it's so hard and I can't do it with Hannah and I'm lucky Alex sleeps well.... some of the other girls will ahve better advice for you I'm sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She doesnt go to sleep with breastmilk . . took us a LONG time to change that . . hehe. . just that it takes like 1 or 2 hrs to get her to bed . .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm having a shocker of a day today

I'm so overwhelmed by all the paperwork that has to happen. The nanny agency came over today to help clarify some issues. I asked her outright, "what services do you provide apart from giving us a number to give centerlink?" She had no response, only that she didn't know of any other agencies that provide this particular service and that we are lucky to be able to claim the child care rebate through their agency.
    We are paying these people 10% of our therapists wages to simply get a NUMBER that allows us to claim from centerlink. I feel so ripped off. And the paperwork they need They need our therapists to have a police check AND a working with children check (aren't they the same thing??!). grrrr....

So our place has papers everywhere. There was a whole pile of stuff I have to do before the end of the week and I just feel totally swamped. It's almost impossible to get anything done during the day as the therapist takes Sophie and I have to take Nadia out because if we stay home she just wants to get into whatever Sophie is doing and she just messes everything up. So housework and paperwork gets neglected.

Anyway, I cried and cried and cried....my DH who was working from home a bit today came out and helped me, but implied that I wasn't organising myself properly and prioritising. So we had a bit of a disagreement (we don't really fight per se, just disagree and get frustrated with each other). So I feel awful now. I know that I could organise myself a bit better but the work is simply too much for any one person to handle. And I'm sick of taking on all the housework whilst he plays workaholic and works until 11pm every night.

I feel like we're falling apart. I never thought that DH and I would be like this. It's like we're disconnecting, I'm just jealous of him working (but know that it's a huge responsibility to work and keep the money coming in) and he's jealous of me taking care of the girls (but we all know how much work that is!). I ****ed off he can't make the ABA meetings. It sucks. I'm so sad.

The ironic thing is: Sophie is doing better than ever. But we are still snarking at each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    will come back and post a bit later, just wanted to share that Griff escaped from a friend's yard today (fenced!)... I went out to give him a '5 min warning' to leave, went back inside then went back out to get him (about 5 mins later) and he was gone! Friend's house backs onto bush blocks with dams on one side and regular street with houses on the other. He was missing 10 - 15 mins... in shorts and tshirt, no shoes. 5 in the afternoon, started to rain...

a lovely neighbour brought him back - she didn't know where he lived, was just guessing!

Griff was totally unconcerned, even being brought back by a complete stranger!!

FAR OUT!!

my question now is this - does anyone use ID bracelets or put something on their kids clothes with a phone number/address sort of thing??

My heart is still beating fast!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Porridge I have had something simialr happen... I don't know about the ID bracelets, I'm thinking of getting a allergy alert one for Alex but I don't know about personal details. hhhmmmmm. Anyone else??

sarah Please dont' stress too much, I know dh and I go through very rough patches when we both get stressed and tired and frustrated with our chaotic life- no relationship is perfect espoecially when it's as tested as ours are. We dont' have any truly serious fights, mainly just venting, he has no idea how hard it is to be at home with the kids, thinks it would be asier than work whatever. He has no idea! Great about Sophie though!

We actually had a really good day- Alex was great now he is off the antibiotics, I finished them early as he was going FERAL on them, absolutely shocking and now he is fine- hope the tonsillitis doeasn't come back though. If you didn't read it in my other thread, he said.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................ "I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! spontaneously too, not after me saying it to him- lucky boy I was about to give him away, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow what an achievement that is AWESOME!! i cant wait to hear those words....

Thought I would ask you girls if you had any advice about sleep routines ? Ive been through 2 sleep schools and so many other things and its a battle . . is it just something thats always going to be? Is there something I can do to help with her sleep?
    my answer PHENERGAN lol....just kidding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe . I have tried phenergan . . doesnt work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MyThreeCubs View Post
    Oh Porridge I have had something simialr happen... I don't know about the ID bracelets, I'm thinking of getting a allergy alert one for Alex but I don't know about personal details. hhhmmmmm. Anyone else??

sarah Please dont' stress too much, I know dh and I go through very rough patches when we both get stressed and tired and frustrated with our chaotic life- no relationship is perfect espoecially when it's as tested as ours are. We dont' have any truly serious fights, mainly just venting, he has no idea how hard it is to be at home with the kids, thinks it would be asier than work whatever. He has no idea! Great about Sophie though!

We actually had a really good day- Alex was great now he is off the antibiotics, I finished them early as he was going FERAL on them, absolutely shocking and now he is fine- hope the tonsillitis doeasn't come back though. If you didn't read it in my other thread, he said.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................ "I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! spontaneously too, not after me saying it to him- lucky boy I was about to give him away, too.
    Wow Sara, that is fantastic!! awwwww....... So beautiful.

DH and I had a chat in bed this morning at 4am (Nadia woke us up). He said I was doing an awesome job and just had to work a bit extra at times. So we made up. This job is bloody hard. Thank god the ABA is going well...it seems to be the only thing that is working.

In Sophie news: I can't remember the last time I had to stop her from spinning, and when I gave her some plastic toy animals from the toy library she seemed to play with them like a regular kid, not lining them up but having them face to face "talking" to each other. So all is going well, she loves the academic side of the program, the food program is going okay and now (thanks to the food program) we have her interested in Smarties we are using them for the tolerance program and the smarties are working perfectly.

I've been asked by our service provider to be part of a forum answering questions on how to hire and retain therapists. I was really flattered but still believe that hiring our girls was really lucky more than anything else.

Hope you all have a great day. I feel okay apart from having very little sleep.