+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Easy car finance.

Does anyone know of a car finance company where it is really easy to get the finance. We need a 2nd car desperately and have been turned down 3 times because we are new to the country (NZ and UK). At this stage we don't even care if the interest is high because we really need one for work. I know there are loads with ads that say 'guaranteed approval' and all that but thats never actually true. Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    motor finance wizard there really easy to get finance my df work with them for a year

but saying that there sh!t they dont charge intrest but just charge a sh!t load for there cars.

but if you really need a car id give them a call they will help you 100%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used motor finance wizard and are so far happy with them. As the previous poster said they do charge a bit more for their cars but at the time our car had died (the last straw was our breaks failing at the beginning of our driveway one day when we got home from an hour long trip ) so we needed a car asap and weren't able to get finance any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    St. George was really easy to get a car loan through. XDP and i had both only had our jobs a few months, had only been living were we were for 3 months so we couldn't really prove any stability and its not like we earnt huge bucks or anything either.
    I did have an $11,000 deposit so maybe that helped a bit? I have heard of other people getting loans through them quite easily though. So might be worth a shot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    STEER CLEAR OF MOTOR WIZARD FINANCE. That company is ALWAYS on A Current Affair & Today Tonight for selling dodgy cars and ripping people off. If you go on to the shows websites or give them a ring I'm sure they can supply links to their many stories about the company. It was reported only a couple of weeks ago that they are being investigated by consumer affairs after they sold a family a car for $24,000 that was worth $3,000 and then broke down 2 weeks after they bought it. Now the family is left without a car and a huge debt to pay. If you desperately need a 2nd car buy something old and cheap that is easy to fix mechanically like an old 80's Holden or Ford. You can pick up these cars for around $500 - $1000 and in perfect mechanical order they are just older cars and people want later model ones. I'd rather drive an old car than get mixed up in something that I could have problems with later and a huge amount of debt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We moved here from South Africa 12 years ago and my parents had the same problem!

They were turned down for a car loan by one of the big 4 banks even tho they had MORE money in their savings account with that bank than the amount they wanted to borrow!

They found the the credit unions were MUCH better!

I would try them b4 I went to something like Motor Finance Wizard. I agree with PP who said they are DODGY!!! And the fact that u can ONLY puchase one of their cars says it all I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Approvedcarloans!!!!!

Type that in google!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone who recommends Motor Finance Wizard obviously has never dealt with them or really paid much attention to all the bad publicity they are getting at the moment.

I got finance and a car through them just over two years ago, because I was desperate. At the moment I am involved with Consumer Affairs Legal Team in regards to their dodgy contracts, cars and many other things.
    $17,000 for a $4,000 car. You can't tell me that $13,000 in set up fees & interest is a good deal (not that they specify that these are what the excess costs are for).

As someone else just mentioned - building societies seem to be more relaxed with people in regards to finance. Give a few of them a ring and see what they have to say.
    There are also plenty of other finance companies who will give finance to overseas migrants - but they generally require you to have been in the country for at least 6months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    amx money i havent gone though them but can give you a loan so check there website out