ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maca and thanks for your post and just wanted to say congratulations and have everything crossed for you. It looks like you've really been through the mill and back so hopefully this will bring you a bundle of joy (or two).

I had an abdominal cerclage put in by Prof Bennett in Sydney two years ago and have just had a baby boy by emergency c-section at 31 weeks. They dont know why my waters burst so early but the stitch was still holding strong and cervix closed so they don't think it's linked to that. Despite being so early he's a little superstar and home with us now . Good luck and keep us posted x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mummymofo congratulations!
    I'm probably being nosy but knowledge is power.
    Did they suggest a vaginal back up stitch for you? Were you monitored for shortening throughout if so how often? Was the pregnancy natural or Ivf? If Ivf was there any mention of it not being as "secure" as they'd like at transfers etc? Did you labour long / what measures if any did they implement to stop labour or was it pretty much straight into c- section or / deemed to dangerous to progress with the stitch in place?
    I haven't actually met anyone with a tac that's had a live birth success story - excited!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry just re read your oust in my excitement I missed the " emergency c" so scratch those questions, after waters she's all go. When had they planned to book you?
    Oh and how's your bubba travelling You guys all ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha all good. Yes, we're fine thank you. Was booked in for a c section as the stitch is permanent on March 23 as cant have vaginal birth with it. Waters burst on Australia Day (as I was getting my citizenship!) and they wanted to keep him in there for as long as possible but I got an infection and his levels started dropping so they took him out with emergency caesarian two days later. He was seven weeks early and just 1538 kils bless him. Spent first week or so in intensive care and six weeks in hospital overall but he's fine now, robust and cheeky and has breast-fed no problem, although obv was fed the milk through a feeding tube until he was big and strong enough to do it himself.

In answer to your other questions, was a natural conception but took a while and we were going to give it a few more months and then try IVF. The doc who performed the stitch was confident I wouldnt need a back up stitch as the TVCIC he used is more like tubing than tape - really strong and a bit 'stretchy' to facilitate the baby growing. From memory the tape/tubing is made from mescaline or something that sounds like that?

I was monitored very closely in the beginning and then every other week once I got to about 20 weeks I think but the cervix stayed long and closed throughout. Well, about 3cm but I've got a short vervix anyway and at least it stayed closed and didnt budge. If I had gone public they'd have monitored me every week which is fantastic. Keep me posted, sounds like you're going great guns xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are booked in next Tuesday got a secondary "back up " stitch which is reassuring I'm sure after our journey I'm always going to bd somewhat on edge but at least it's one more thing we can try to do to get full term x
    I'm not able to access out midwives locally or at the private hospital where ill actually be having my cesearean as I'm under a private obstetrician having an " elective " I have assured them its not elective but medically required but anyway that's the way it stands. i'll try to do scans & check ups with him in Mackay ( about 1 1/2 away) and do weekly or fortnightly check ups with a local gp, if I stay on track - no bleeding or shortening.... So we patiently wait x we are just so happy to be able yo be on this journey at all. Hope all is good with you guys, stay safe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maca,

How are things going? Hope you're still travelling along safely with everything xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hun, been off BH for a whole but yea everything is great we are 16wks, no pains, contractions, or spotting so all in all it's been a success. I would still really prefer to be past the "scary mark" but we are relaxing and learning to really appreciate and be present everyday. You ok? How's the family ?