+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile What should I expect during 2WW

Hi Everyone, I have just undergone my first cycle after not expecting to be able to. My ovaries have gone into failure and my doctors didn't think I would be able to get any eggs. A miracle happened and I got 1 strong egg that fertilised and by day 3 it had developed into 8 cells and was transferred back into me on Monday 6th.

Can anyone give me advise on how to get through the next 2WW and what symptons to look out for?

thanks
    Len

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PG,

First off, congrats on the miracle so far!!!

Now, the one thing you can rely on to happen in the TWW is that you will lose your mind!!!!!

Try and keep busy and active (not too active) and DO NOT take a home pregnancy test until at least 2 days before the official blood test or you will go even more nuts!

If you are like me, you will have no symptoms or signs AT ALL! So stay calm and try to remember that there is a greater plan if this doesnt work out - its just a little hard for us to see right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi

you will most likely go bonkers....the last 5 days are very hard, try to keep occupied ....its hard tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your support ladies, I think I will go mad, it has only been 1 day since transfer and already it's on my mind 24hrs and I can't think about anything else

Last edited by preciousgift; 10-02-2009 at 19:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi PreciousgiftYep going nuts is normal,well it is to me anyway
    Last time i got my BFP the symtoms started on week 2 and i got itchy and swollen boobies and just going to the loo more often.Oh yeh i also got this twingling in my nipples and that just confirms it for me
    I have just had my FET today so yeh by tommorro i should be nutsbut im going to try my very hardest not to do a HPT this time until 2 days before BT coz last time i nearly drove myself to the mental hospital yeh no jokes!

Well good luck ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DearMum, Good luck with your 2ww, my FET was yesterday 9th and everytime I feel a twinge, my imagination goes wild with the posibilities.
    I have a BT on 12th to see if I need another injection, other than that, I have to wait until 22nd for BT to confirm! My birthday is the 18th and it would be great to have good news by then.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Preciousgift,

I'm in the tww right now (second time around) and I can tell you that during it you will experience every emotion under the sun! I find the first week not too bad but the last week (as said by others) truly awful. Talk about analysis paralysis...every tiny twinge is contemplated and my thoughts go from "I am so pregnant" to "I'm so not pregnant" on an almost minute by minute basis. But, I have found that if I allow myself 1 hour per day to stress about it and then tell myself times up on the stressing that kinda works.

I totally agree with everyone who says to keep occupied...it helps pass the time. Might be time to invest in the entire box set of a TV series and work your way through them too.

I hope it all goes well for you and the two week wait is worth it in the end. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi preciousgift,
    just keep occupied with work/exercise etc. You may feel twinges in your pelvic region and other sensations, particularly breasts. I wasn't told what to expect first time from the drugs, and it was afterward that I was told progesterone tricks your body into thinking it's prego (I'm assuming you are using this or similar?). Another thing you may feel is tired during the day or early afternoon. My clinic advises NO hpt's so I have to say, don't do one as you can get false positive results. Look after yourself, sit tight and I hope you have continued good luck.
    Last edited by fiasm; 10-02-2009 at 21:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Preciousgift, i had my first ever ET yesterday aswell. It was a day 5 blasto so my BT is the 18th. Im trying not to think about it too much ( easier said then done)and keep reminding myself to relax when i feel like im getting to stressed.

All the best for the rest of the wait and everyone on the tww gets a

Nat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all for replying to my thread, it really helps to talk to other women going through the same thing, especially all the emotions that go with it.

I have my last injection of Pregnyl tonight and then nothing until our BT on 22nd.

I have been having period like cramps so I have been completely freaking out as they don't really prepare you for what to expect during the 2ww, but I have been assured that it probably the Pregnyl

Luckily I am really busy at work so at least during work hours I am not obsessing so much.

I am really keen to hear from everyone on how you are going through this, sometimes it helps to talk to someone who also feels the same.