ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Contraceptive Pill and previous HELLP

Hi, would really love to hear from anyone who has previously had HELLP or PE.

I went to get the contraceptive pill 6 months after my baby was born from my GP and he warned me against taking it because of my previous high BP last pregnancy and the chance that the pill could elevate my BP again. My BP is back to normal now so I didn't think it would be a problem. I had a severe form of HELLP, platlets dropped to 50 and liver began to rupture but thank god to good medical care, my son and I are fine. Has anyone else been told not to take the pill? I don't know what other option to use, the obstetric physician warned us that we only had one more chance for a baby but to wait at least a year before getting pregnant but before 4 years. Did anyone else get told to wait? We tried for 11 months before getting pregnant so we don't want to wait too long!

Also, despite HELLP normally being less severe with a subsequent pregnancy, how much did you have to take it easy with the next pregancy? I'm thinking I may be more parinoid but I'm thinking it might not be worth going back to work full-time with shift work and night duty just to get maternity leave if I won't be able to work more than half way through the pregnancy like my first pregnancy. Anyone else have to take it easy?

Thanks for reading!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just trying to bump this thread to get a response

Anybody have any personal advice about a subsequent pregnancy after PE or HELLP???