ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Being a Coast kid!

Hi Gold Coast parents . We're moving to the Coast next week and I'm keen for any info/advice on things to do with a 3 year old DD?? We're a bit excited because we're moving in from the 'bush' and hoping to go to learn to swim classes (her), ballet (me...how cute!) and maybe kindy. I'm also looking at childcare so be good to hear of any good/bad places?

We love going to the library and love art and craft...where are the best places to go or to find info on kid friendly activities?

We'll be in Parkwood so any tips from mums around that area most appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    Hi Gold Coast parents . We're moving to the Coast next week and I'm keen for any info/advice on things to do with a 3 year old DD?? We're a bit excited because we're moving in from the 'bush' and hoping to go to learn to swim classes (her), ballet (me...how cute!) and maybe kindy. I'm also looking at childcare so be good to hear of any good/bad places?

We love going to the library and love art and craft...where are the best places to go or to find info on kid friendly activities?

We'll be in Parkwood so any tips from mums around that area most appreciated. Thanks!
    im moving away soon but wanted to welcome you to the area anyway. im not too far from parkwood (hope island) but far enough away that i cant reccomend nearby day care etc but i know arundal school has a good rep (for a few yrs to come) parkwood has a play centre called smileez. its crazy as on a weekend but during the week is ok.
    you arent far from southport which has a big library, or you could head out east a bit to nerang also has one.
    um child care...BOOK IN AS EARLY AS YOU CAN lol. its a bit of a joke round here to get a spot. both my boys were booked in before they were born (mind you they go to one with a huge wait list)
    theres heaps of swim schools. you will be near one at runnaway bay sports centre
    i have 2 boys so cant help with the ballet lol. if you needed info on footy or golf id be happy to help
    all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi suemp thanks for the info!! I didn't realise Runaway Bay had a pool etc so that's good news. Bit nervous about childcare now!! I'm only planning to be on the coast for 3 to 6 months as we are really only there so I can get more supply teaching and save money before we head to NZ. don't know if this will work for us or against us!

All my family live on the Coast and one of my aunts is a SAHM who has offered to mind my 3 year old from time to time so that will help but really wanted another day or 2 elsewhere!

Would love to start DD in footy (soccer) but don't know if we'd have to commit to a longer season? Any advice on where to find soccer clubs would be great (although I don't even know if she's old enough! the ballet just struck me because she saw some opera/ballet on telly the other day and was transfixed, and has started twirling round the house. I'm SO excited because she's otherwise appeared a bit of a tomboy - even when she dresses herself she tends to dress "like a boy" won't wear skirts and as for wearing DRESSES... (and that's just me!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    no worries. runaway bay has a pool at the sports centre so you wouldnt realise it was there as its in a big indoor thingy
    my eldest plays real footy lol, rugby haha there is a mini soccor thing for younger kids that is played in pacific pines. if i remeber the name for it i will post it.
    as for your daughter being a tom boy im sure she will grow out of it lol. my 7 and 2 yr old boys love to prance around in my bras heres hoping they dont still do that in their teens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the number for mini soccer at home. Sign in is this saturday. I think it is at Helensvale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rugby pah!

Currently she's prancing around the house with string down her shorts pretending to be a pig so there's a few things I hope she grows out of before her teens! It's probably a cry for attention as I've been devoting myself to the computer all day trying to get stuff organised...argh!

Junglegirl - do you have any other info on soccer? I'd love her to get involved but she only turned 3 last September so might be too young

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    Rugby pah!

Currently she's prancing around the house with string down her shorts pretending to be a pig so there's a few things I hope she grows out of before her teens! It's probably a cry for attention as I've been devoting myself to the computer all day trying to get stuff organised...argh!

Junglegirl - do you have any other info on soccer? I'd love her to get involved but she only turned 3 last September so might be too young
    Its from 3 and up. I will try and message you the details tonight or tomorrow.

My friend works in a kindy in Parkwood too which is good. My kids go to one in Labrador which is the next suburb accross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just wanted to welcome you to the Coast Im in Nerang

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome to the GC!

if you're a mum who surfs, there are currently 2 surfing mum branches on the GC. the idea is that we take turns watching each other's bubs while we go out surfing... good for mum's mental and physical well being and a great time for the kids who all love the beach.

at the moment we meet at the alley in currumbin on tuesdays at 9.30 and at rainbow bay on fridays from 9, we generally hang out for 2 hours... i body board and am just learning how to surf so don't feel intimidated, we're all mums! and the bubs would be a great age to play with for your 3yo!

hope you love the GC lifestyle as much as i do!

m.
    Last edited by Lastcenturymum; 07-02-2009 at 08:43. Reason: Advertising another website