+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile What's the funniest thing your child has ever said?

Kids can come out with the most hilarious - and sometimes heartwarming - things. I'm working on a collection of quotes called The World According to Kids, and I would love to include your sayings that give a glimpse of the world through a child's eyes. Check out my website www.sallycollings.com/twak. (I'm also the author of Sophie's Journey - about Sophie Delezio - and Positive, which will be out next month.)
    Look forward to reading your gems!
    Sally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    A couple of weeks ago my 23 month old broke a stick whilst we were out on a walk. I said "You broke it", to which he replied "Need new batteries"

I'll come back if I think of others

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to work in a Long Day Care centre...

I worked with an older woman, Janet, who had quite a few varicose veins on her legs. One of the little girls in the 2-3s room walked up to her one day, and exclaimed "Look, Janet's been drawing on her legs"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Although I am "areligious" I thought it might be a good time to explain to DD the meaning behind why we celebrate Christmas so she wouldnt think it was just all about presents. I explained that a nice man called Jesus was born on Christmas Day and because he is such a nice man, he wanted everyone to give and receive gifts on his birthday.
    Bearing in mind she is only 2 1/2, she looked at me and asked if I could make Jesus a cake and when he would be coming over to get it as she wanted to blow up some balloons.

Hmmmm. Might have to wait until next year I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not religious either so I was surprised when DD was about 3 and she said she wanted to pray before bed. I thought it was so cute. When she was finished I asked her where she learned that from and she said "the simpsons".

She also once said "my uncle's lesbian"... she meant Lebanese.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My darling son is aboriginal and has reasonably dark skin. I am white and his little sister (also aboriginal) is fair skinned. When people comment on the colour of his skin he tells them he is brown because he drinks lots of chocolate milk and that they are white because they only drink white milk - love watching the reactions when people hear this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Love this thread already.

DH was in the bathroom the other day when DS popped his head in and said "Daddy, why are you so old?"

My brother was carrying on with his usual banter on boxing day when my 2.5 year old nephew who can barely speak piped up and said "Now Uncle Joel, that's just silly"

A friend's 3 year old grandson was watching the Hulk with his uncle and said "Wow, the Hulk really is an abomination isn't he Uncle Jacob" big word for a little boy

When my niece was about 3 my mum was in the bathroom getting ready to go out and when asked what she was doing mum said "running away to join the circus" to which my niece replied "and Nanny's the clown"

Thanks
    Reviews
    "I wanna poo in the bath"

Also, we went for a walk and saw a really big dog and we were looking at it (don't stress, he was behind a fence) and I was asking him can you see his nose/ears/eyes and then the dog turned around and DS announced "LOOK - doodle and big bum".

Thanks
    Reviews
    My niece was about 3 when I told her she was gorgeous, she replied "I know". I asked her if she knew what gorgeous meant and she said "It means you're happy". I still think that's the best definition I've ever heard.

I was having a bad morning with the two older kids one day and we had an argument before they got out of the car to go to school. My youngest step-son piped up from his seat "Just breathe".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not from the mouth of my DD but worthwhile of a mention...

My DD (15 months) had a playdate with her friend (3+ years). Friend built a mammoth wall of blocks which my DD took great delight in demolishing. Friend was horrified and turned to the adults in the room and said (in earnest) "this is the saddest day of my young little life".